• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I never miss a chance to kill a group of travelling Thalmor, or get the jump on any obnoxiously racist Nords, but it's Orcs that are always the most entertaining when set on fire.

I have no pity, sympathy or even mercy whatsoever for Vigilants of Stendarr. The Thalmor may win the contest for racism, but there's more than one group of religious bigots in Skyrim.

I think Mara may just hate me for killing love(and several priests), but I couldn't care less.

I nearly married Onmund just for being likely the most tactful, socially aware (and marriable) Nord in all of Skyrim.
Uhm... somehow I think you and I would have a lot of fun slaughtering zealots and idiots on TES Online. We seem to be of like mind.

ciphoenix

On my first playthrough, I snuck all the way from riverwood to whiterun. :) Waited for minutes for the imperials with the prisoner to go past and avoided any guard's line of sight. All because Hadvar :mad: told me to avoid imperials till he talks to general tullius. I freaked out when the guard at the gate came up to me (I had previously tried going round whiterun looking for a backdoor):D

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4

ciphoenix

I never went to bleak falls Barrow by road till my 8th game. Didn't even know there was a road, climbed the mountain :D

ciphoenix

so use the fortify restoration loop glitch to maximize your carry weight ffs! jeez m8 you don't HAVE to super enchant anything else, and its not like having a near infinite amount of carry weight is gonna op your character, you'll STILL be able to get your ass handed to ya like usual u just won't have to worry about hobbling around like an obese person when ya collect too much.. problem easily solved. :confused:
How exactly does it work?

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
I never went to bleak falls Barrow by road till my 8th game. Didn't even know there was a road, climbed the mountain :D

Thats really impressive! you know that cammila (i hope thats her name) tells you how to get there right? She walks you to the bridge and shows you the road to take... :)

Umm just wondering... how did you get to the greybeards :p ?

ciphoenix

Thats really impressive! you know that cammila (i hope thats her name) tells you how to get there right? She walks you to the bridge and shows you the road to take... :)

Locating iverstad took me hours, didn't take the road and I still don't know it. Getting to the greybeards took longer. Climbed till the steps got covered in snow then got lost and went back all the way down.

Decided to follow the steps no matter what, the areas where you descend are just misleading as I actually thought I was going the wrong way

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member

Locating iverstad took me hours, didn't take the road and I still don't know it. Getting to the greybeards took longer. Climbed till the steps got covered in snow then got lost and went back all the way down.

Decided to follow the steps no matter what, the areas where you descend are just misleading as I actually thought I was going the wrong way

I love strolling along the Skyrim roads. watching the thalmor with prisoners or headless horsemen rinding around.

I got a bit confused 2 when the path dipped on my way up the Throat of the World.

Chadonraz

I don't know how it was possible, but I only found out about Falkreath the town's existence about a month after I started playing. I'd played daily, too... :oops:

Perhaps it's just so far south... Riften's even further south, but its symbol is far more noticeable.

Lucid

^ On a similar note: I had never, ever spotted a certain chest in Bleak Falls Barrow despite having cleared the dungeon dozens of times. I still wouldn't know about it if someone hadn't found it in a Let's Play video I watched.

In my defense, the chest is practically invisible due to massive amounts of cobwebs. :p

Practically invisible? I couldn't see it even after I found and looted it. I did BFB with a new character yesterday and was armed with the knowledge you imparted here. Sure enough, hidden by cobwebs and behind a skeleton was a chest I had never found before. There are some great tips within this "confessions" thread :)

WarriorMage

Hey! Someone stole my sweet roll!
My evil, Breton, magic user, werewolf sometimes walks around town with no clothes on. Just because she can. And because she likes the reactions she gets from the townsfolk. My Nord fighter, however, always goes someplace private to change her clothes.

In addition, my Nord is somewhat of a hoarder. She keeps practically one edition of every book she's ever found and has a whole chest full of potions she'll never use, a drawer full of jewelry she'll never wear, and another drawer full of gems she'll never sell. My Breton sells everything she won't use and doesn't even own a home.

Lucid

^ Nice. Similarly, my Bosmer never, ever wears her Nightingale armor in places where she's "known". She always finds a hidden spot just outside of town to change. Trying to protect the "Nightingales: Fact or Fiction" mystery. She takes all of her clothes and weapons off to sleep.

Chadonraz

I tried killing Madanach during "No One Escapes Cidhna Mine" on Expert difficulty. I couldn't do it. No matter what Shout I used, or whether I used my Wind Stone power, he always killed me. Sometimes Borkul the Beast joined in, and they killed me even faster.

After several tries with varying strategies I said screw this, and turned the difficulty to Novice. :oops:
Then I (after going back to Expert) Ice Formed the spider in Markarth Ruins, and simply ran past it and everything else. :rolleyes:

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
I tried killing Madanach during "No One Escapes Cidhna Mine" on Expert difficulty. I couldn't do it. No matter what Shout I used, or whether I used my Wind Stone power, he always killed me. Sometimes Borkul the Beast joined in, and they killed me even faster.

After several tries with varying strategies I said screw this, and turned the difficulty to Novice. :oops:
Then I (after going back to Expert) Ice Formed the spider in Markarth Ruins, and simply ran past it and everything else. :rolleyes:

Ummm sneak attack while he is onda chair?
iv 1hit him twice now doing that...
i dont think iv ever faced him 1on1 though

Chadonraz

You think I didn't sneak attack him? I did, it's just that even with all the "Armsman" perks and a 1H skill of 87, pickaxes don't do much damage on Expert. I haven't invested anything in Sneak, so I only get the 3x multiplier. :)

I know I've one-shotted him before - on Novice, with the "Backstab" perk.

In hindsight, I could've cast Bound Sword - but without the "Mystic Binding" perk I still wouldn't have done enough damage to one-shot Madanach.

Anyway, he's dead now. That's all that matters. :D

Daelon DuLac

You think I didn't sneak attack him? I did, it's just that even with all the "Armsman" perks and a 1H skill of 87, pickaxes don't do much damage on Expert. I haven't invested anything in Sneak, so I only get the 3x multiplier. :)

I know I've one-shotted him before - on Novice, with the "Backstab" perk.

In hindsight, I could've cast Bound Sword - but without the "Mystic Binding" perk I still wouldn't have done enough damage to one-shot Madanach.

Anyway, he's dead now. That's all that matters. :D
I have never killed Madanoch before. Does it significantly change how suspicious folks are of you in Markarth? I did get a little tired of them always gossipping about me. It would also explain why the Foreswarn continue to try to kill me even after I helped (I know, I was warned, but still!).

Chadonraz

I have never killed Madanoch before. Does it significantly change how suspicious folks are of you in Markarth? I did get a little tired of them always gossipping about me. It would also explain why the Foreswarn continue to try to kill me even after I helped (I know, I was warned, but still!).

They'll be sympathetic, and some will even be angry on your behalf. :)
I think I've escaped with the Forsworn a grand total of one time. I hate how they slaughter the entire city guard, and then some. With this character, I've become Thane of the Reach for the first time ever, so there was absolutely no way I was going to let the rampage happen.

Spoiler if you haven't escaped on your own:
Stefan (my character) didn't much like getting Thonar Silver-Blood's gratitude or the S-B family ring (as he really doesn't like that family), but it was the lesser of two evils. He sold the ring right away.
:D

Daelon DuLac

They'll be sympathetic, and some will even be angry on your behalf. :)
I think I've escaped with the Forsworn a grand total of one time. I hate how they slaughter the entire city guard, and then some. With this character, I've become Thane of the Reach for the first time ever, so there was absolutely no way I was going to let the rampage happen.

Spoiler if you haven't escaped on your own:
Stefan (my character) didn't much like getting Thonar Silver-Blood's gratitude or the S-B family ring (as he really doesn't like that family), but it was the lesser of two evils. He sold the ring right away.
:D
I have escaped with the foreswarn and agree that it was a real pisher that they slaughtered the entire guard! There were bodies about for weeks (I kept dumping them in the river). I'll have to try the slaughter Madanoch thing with my magic using warrior this time.

Thanks for the tips!

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
With a necromancer character i revived my most hated enemies as a dead thrall then stored the body in the basement of my house. Some examples would include nazeem, gerdur, ancano and even some random assassins/hired thugs/thieves that tried to shake me. Oh and btw I have kids in my house...hope they dont find the bodies :D

Daelon DuLac

With a necromancer character i revived my most hated enemies as a dead thrall then stored the body in the basement of my house. Some examples would include nazeem, gerdur, ancano and even some random assassins/hired thugs/thieves that tried to shake me. Oh and btw I have kids in my house...hope they dont find the bodies :D
Well, at least if you adopted Lucia from Whiterun, she wouldn't have a problem. That girl has serious issues. I caught her stabbing my pet skeevers the other day and giggling. Just creepy.... :)