• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Chadonraz

I got a new encounter today. New as in I'd never seen it before, which is something.

Three Dawnguard looking for vampires. One of them actually asked whether I'd seen any vamps in the area. I don't know if it's possible to have an option to say yes, but since I hadn't seen any bloodsuckers, I didn't mind saying no.
The only vampire lair in the area I'd cleared out a few game days earlier on a Rescue Mission, so I don't think the DG folks found anything. :)

Another first-time DG encounter included a Dawnguard Novice (can't remember his name) and vampires. I had to kill the vamps, and then the milk-drinker screamed he couldn't take all those vampires anymore and quit. What a loser.

Also, a couple days ago I encountered the generic Redguard (the one that calls you milk-drinker) at the Bannered Mare. I had never had that happen before, though I'd heard it was possible.
That fight was a bit more than your usual bar brawl... :p

Annageckos

I just had a random encounter with a group of four bandits. It was by the three standing stones near Riverwood. They were walking up the path towards Helgan. I took out the first three easy enough, then started to look around the for the forth. I found him cowering behind one of the stones, he tried to run but I cut him down.

LuChao

The Martial artist
I just had a random encounter with a group of four bandits. It was by the three standing stones near Riverwood. They were walking up the path towards Helgan. I took out the first three easy enough, then started to look around the for the forth. I found him cowering behind one of the stones, he tried to run but I cut him down.

the three bandits were gonna kill the cowering one XD I have seen them before

Inquisitor Saken

polan can into space?
ah, I love random encounters~ they're the only thing stopping me from running over mountains, I specifically walk on roads to see what pops up :b

I just hate it when a fugitive appears but no hunter arrives to take the item back, haha

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
i once happened across the dawnguard on their daily routine of "lets all get slaughtered by the vampire lord" but this time was way different! a whole bunch of crazy plops went down, as i began battling with them 2 bears and a group of bandits who were fighting each other crossed paths with our fight, then the bears and bandits noticed the dawnguard and it turned into a free for all, at this point i wasn't even being attacked anymore so i sat back and watched preparing to take on the winner, just when i didn't think it could get any weirder 2 spriggans came off the top hills out of nowhere to join the fun! strangest encounter i've ever had by far..

Chadonraz

ah, I love random encounters~ they're the only thing stopping me from running over mountains, I specifically walk on roads to see what pops up :b

I just hate it when a fugitive appears but no hunter arrives to take the item back, haha

Encounters happen in the wilderness, too. Not just on roads. :)

Have to agree on that no hunter thing... although come to think of it, I haven't had one of those in like 30 levels. Weird.

LuChao

The Martial artist
Just had my first ever encounter with a bounty collector here is what happened I killed 3 Thalmers and got a bounty in Whiterun hold on my way to the watchtower to take care of it I got attacked by the Bounty collector I have been playing Skyrim for a long time and never met this guy till today so EPIC

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Just had my first ever encounter with a bounty collector here is what happened I killed 3 Thalmers and got a bounty in Whiterun hold on my way to the watchtower to take care of it I got attacked by the Bounty collector I have been playing Skyrim for a long time and never met this guy till today so EPIC
I only jusst met him on my current character who, of course, slaughters all Thalmor and Vigilan's of Stendar with great violence. If you killed him, you'll see another one soon. I went through 3 of them before I realized you could just pay them to make them go away. :)

Daelon DuLac

I only jusst met him on my current character who, of course, slaughters all Thalmor and Vigilan's of Stendar with great violence. If you killed him, you'll see another one soon. I went through 3 of them before I realized you could just pay them to make them go away. :)
I've also discovered, that, if you kill just the 3 Thalmor, you don't get a bounty (unless you do it in a public place), but, you need to kill the prisoner as well when he's with them or, apparently he tattles on you. When I kill the Thalmor & the prisoner, no bounty - if I leave the prisoner alive, bounty. Sheesh.

LuChao

The Martial artist

I already did my jail time so bounty is gone

LuChao

The Martial artist
I've also discovered, that, if you kill just the 3 Thalmor, you don't get a bounty (unless you do it in a public place), but, you need to kill the prisoner as well when he's with them or, apparently he tattles on you. When I kill the Thalmor & the prisoner, no bounty - if I leave the prisoner alive, bounty. Sheesh.

they had no prisoner this time

Daelon DuLac

The guards must have seen you since you were near the watchtower. I never kill them when I'm close to a city, so I guess I may not know all the witnesses around.

LuChao

The Martial artist

The guards must have seen you since you were near the watchtower. I never kill them when I'm close to a city, so I guess I may not know all the witnesses around.

the only witnesses were 2 Giants walking together it was out middle of Whiterun and Roikstead no body else was around

Daelon DuLac

Annageckos

Let them attack you first then you will not get a bounty, I do it all the time and never get a bounty.

LuChao

The Martial artist

Let them attack you first then you will not get a bounty, I do it all the time and never get a bounty.

I was desperate for the armor and didnt wanna talk to them XD

Daelon DuLac

True, but, sometimes they won't attack you. I even block their path and keep bothering them and they still won't. Besides, what's the point of being a viglanti if you're not going to get them first.

LuChao

The Martial artist

LuChao

The Martial artist

True, but, sometimes they won't attack you. I even block their path and keep bothering them and they still won't. Besides, what's the point of being a viglanti if you're not going to get them first.

my current character is a lowlife

Daelon DuLac

my current character is a lowlife
Mine's an obsessed vigilanti. Kinda like batman only not really worried about the collateral damage he causes and no problem killing the bad guys.