• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
hello everyone,
i'm new to Skyrim and I just wanted to say : IT'S ANWESOME AND reallly really addicting
as i said i'm really new to skyrim, started 2 days ago, so i wanted to know if i'm doing good, i've already killed 2 dragons other than the 2 i killed from the quests
so how am i doing?

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
Greetings and cheers, Issam! Ah yes, the time-sink known as Skyrim has claimed yet another dragon soul. You've defeated four dragons already? You, my friend, are doing most excellent! :Dovahkiin:

Yeah, we're all pretty much Skyrim addicts here. Nice of you to join the club. :D

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
i am a nord, but i'm playing warrior, mage and thief at the same time, is that good or will i find some troubles playing the game this way?

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
If you don't specialize with your perks you may have trouble later on. Seems best to decide which way is the most fun for you to play, what your preferred manner of dealing with enemies is. Warrior is the easiest, mage the hardest.

EG if you find it more fun to play with magic and wear mage robes, then you'd need to increase your magicka and health, and put all perks on magic skills to have good chances of surviving and making it through without too much pain.

You need to economize with the perks and experience points, if you spread it around too much you'd be a jack of all trades and master of none and it will be a lot harder.

You could combine two classes, eg a mage who wears light armor with fortify magicka enchantments to get the best of both, but trying to combine all three will be harder and won’t feel so realistic. The idea with the game is to play a plausible character which means leaving some quests that don't fit your charcter out, for another playthrough.

KITTEH

Khajiit
hello everyone,
i'm new to Skyrim and I just wanted to say : IT'S ANWESOME AND reallly really addicting
as i said i'm really new to skyrim, started 2 days ago, so i wanted to know if i'm doing good, i've already killed 2 dragons other than the 2 i killed from the quests
so how am i doing?
hello everyone,
so how am i doing?

Your greatest tip DO NOT I repeat DO NOT kill the chickens

thank you guys,
another question:
i'm in that quest called "A Cornered Rat", and i'm in the front of Esbern's door, but he wont open, subtitiles are too fast and i can't hear him.
HELP PLEASE!

PelagiusIV

ohh and for the chicken thing, i don't kill chicken but still why shouldn't I?

It will give you a bounty and all the towns folk will go after you.

thank you guys,
another question:
i'm in that quest called "A Cornered Rat", and i'm in the front of Esbern's door, but he wont open, subtitiles are too fast and i can't hear him.
HELP PLEASE!

Did any dialog pop up with choices for your character to say?

Kairee Blackblade

Premium Member
Welcome fellow addict! Glad to have another on board!

Your greatest tip DO NOT I repeat DO NOT kill the chickens

Yes, completely agree with this. It's led me to some nasty run-ins with followers. My housecarl Iona has no problem with me randomly murdering people during our travels, but kill one pathetic chicken (in my own garden, no less) and she goes nuts and attacks me. Chickens are apparently sacred in Skyrim...

Nathalean

Professional Vampire Ninja
i am a nord, but i'm playing warrior, mage and thief at the same time, is that good or will i find some troubles playing the game this way?

You CAN do whatever the F you want and there are a lot of very interesting builds to play. But there is a theoretical max level somewhere around 80(?) which means that you cannot acquire all perks on the same character which in turn means that you will not get the coolest moves/abilities in the game or at least not all of them.

For a newbie, I would recommend doing the straight up warrior because in my eyes it is the easiest to play. So if you want to truly master a trade, you will need to specialize.

You specialization doesn't have to be one major archetype (mage, warrior, thief). My first character was a highly specialized assassin that used everything that could possibly kill an enemy (poisoned arrows/daggers, destruction magic) while being nearly undetectable through invisibility magic and muffle equipment. When he became a level 4 vampire, he had exactly 40 max life (level 4 vampirism gets you a -60 penalty & I never gave a point on health, which means instant death when hit) but could basically one hit a dragon with a dagger combo :D

I hope I could help you a little. [Don't worry on adept difficulty, your playstyle really doesn't matter at ALL.]