Xbox 360 meridia's beacon quest problem

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

murdaface

so i returned her beacon, she sends me through the dungeon, activating pillars to guide her light everywhere, i get to the balcony, loot the chest, go inside the door atop the steps, activate a pillar in that big room and kill the black ghost things, and according to the guide, that iron door is SUPPOSED to open. its still locked an says i need a key. anyone else run into this and know the fix?

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
You need to work your way right through all the walkways that are in that room where the door is situated killing the black ghost spirits before the door opens.

murdaface

ok im definitely stuck. the door must have glitched and now it will never open. im starting to hate this stupid game. why even release a game that barely works? add this to the long list of bullshxt wrong with skyrim across every platform eh?

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
ok im definitely stuck. the door must have glitched and now it will never open. im starting to hate this stupid game. why even release a game that barely works? add this to the long list of bullshxt wrong with skyrim across every platform eh?

I admit that this particular quest was frustrating the first time I did it, but on the 360 it works fine. I'll go through it on my new character later today & write a better walk-through, step by step if needed.

One thing I'd like to know is where did you get the guide or walk-through from that you mentioned in your opening post ?

murdaface

its the official game guide, (that huge one). thanks again for posting. i just keep adding to the list of beefs i have with skyrim. found a few more last night. got stuck ind "pegasus' mind" in the blue palace. cant figure that out and it takes 3.5 hours to thumb through that useless guide, and i found nothing. it goes on and on....

3v3r

I have scale-itch... Don't ask how I got it.
Pelagius mind quest is a daedric quest look in the table of contents. As for the other daedric quest, there's 3 pedestals you have to activeate to open the double doors. Go up some side steps on the east side to reach the third pedestal.

kerial

I use PS3 so maybe this is different but I spent waayy too much time searching for a path to the pedastal. I went out to the balcony overlooking skyrim, went back inside and found a door I failed to find the first time. Note: it is not in the great room where the pedestals are. Keep looking, you will find it.

Slow Rider

so i returned her beacon, she sends me through the dungeon, activating pillars to guide her light everywhere, i get to the balcony, loot the chest, go inside the door atop the steps, activate a pillar in that big room and kill the black ghost things, and according to the guide, that iron door is SUPPOSED to open. its still locked an says i need a key. anyone else run into this and know the fix?

Bumping for selfish reasons. Although I have aligned all the beacons and gotten the Dawnbreaker, I also cannot find the key for the iron door. Wandered around for a half hour before I decided I had reached the point of diminishing returns. Searching this forum and Google searching externally brings up nothing. If anyone knows I sure would appreciate a little help.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
Bumping for selfish reasons. Although I have aligned all the beacons and gotten the Dawnbreaker, I also cannot find the key for the iron door. Wandered around for a half hour before I decided I had reached the point of diminishing returns. Searching this forum and Google searching externally brings up nothing. If anyone knows I sure would appreciate a little help.

I'm surprised you were able to finish aligning the beacons & retrieve the Dawnbreaker without opening the Iron Door.

Slow Rider

I'm surprised you were able to finish aligning the beacons & retrieve the Dawnbreaker without opening the Iron Door.

Interesting. Yes, I was able to. Was it your experience that one of the beacons, or a path to a beacon, was behind that door? I just assumed it was a chest or something, but it still bothered me that I couldn't get back there to find out.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
I'll have to have another look at it. I've got a new character that I made to find a solution to another problem a friend was having, so I'll do that quest on it. But I was sure that you needed to open that iron door to proceed with the quest.

Slow Rider

I'll have to have another look at it. I've got a new character that I made to find a solution to another problem a friend was having, so I'll do that quest on it. But I was sure that you needed to open that iron door to proceed with the quest.

I went looking myself, this time on Youtube. I found this interesting comment beneath one of the walkthrough vids.

Oh I know what you are talking about now, that door says it needs a key but it actually doesn't what you need to do is to release all of those white beacons within the room, that will trigger the door to open.

Which makes sense now, because once I was sure I had cleared all the enemies out of the temple, I was running through it as fast as I could, just looking for any red flags which might tell me where the key was. At some point I ran through an open door into a new area. In retrospect, it must have been the iron door which finally opened after I had aligned all the beacons. I'll check this evening and make sure that's the case.

Slow Rider

Update: Yes, it does seem that aligning the beacons does in fact open the aforementioned door. Which explains me just cavalierly walking into a new area that I had missed earlier. Some dungeons/temples/etc are easy to get turned around in, at least for me, and that seems to be the case here. Hope this helps to put this issue to rest.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
Sweet, I'm glad you sorted it out.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts