Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

NENALATA

Last King of the Ayleids - RETIRED
I'm used to giving Speeches (when I hate public speaking) and I work in IT Help Desk, so I'm constantly explaining things to adults with a child-like understanding of the simplest of computer functions. Anyways...

NENALATA

15917.jpg
Crooksin said:
Yup, this dude talkin to himself​

NENALATA does that, remove the person s/he quoted for some reason.

Still, Imperials have the cooler armor, so they will win because the Stormcloaks look like garbage.

Ok so wear Nord Steel or better yet NORD PLATE ARMOR. You can find no less than (3) sets (Cuirass) on the Blackbriar Mercanies standing outside that chic's Hideout. Far Eastern Corner of the map the Blackbriar lodge, due East of Riften just follow the road from the boarded up gate. Dangerous as hell though.

Good ol fashion Nord Steel is Stronger than Cyrodilic Imperial Armor. Unless you buy pieces of Imperial Armor made by one of the Nord Smiths such as Gauntlets or the Boots.

J

Jeremius

15917.jpg
Crooksin said:
Yup, this dude talkin to himself​

NENALATA does that, remove the person s/he quoted for some reason.

Still, Imperials have the cooler armor, so they will win because the Stormcloaks look like garbage.

Ok so wear Nord Steel or better yet NORD PLATE ARMOR. You can find no less than (3) sets (Cuirass) on the Blackbriar Mercanies standing outside that chic's Hideout. Far Eastern Corner of the map the Blackbriar lodge, due East of Riften just follow the road from the boarded up gate. Dangerous as hell though.

Good ol fashion Nord Steel is Stronger than Cyrodilic Imperial Armor. Unless you buy pieces of Imperial Armor made by one of the Nord Smiths such as Gauntlets or the Boots.

Never said anything about Nord armor in General, just the stormcloak specific ones.
600px-SR-item-Stormcloak_Officer_Armor_Male.jpg

Stormcloak officer

600px-SR-item-Imperial_Armor_Male_01.jpg

Imperial heavy (looks better than the ugly bear head)

NENALATA

So you're basing the outcome of the war based on who has spent the most money on their uniforms? Just saying. Remember, no one dressed up like the British Soldiers did back during the Rev War. And their outfits were so fancy they could be EASILY SEEN miles away.

J

Jeremius

So you're basing the outcome of the war based on who has spent the most money on their uniforms? Just saying. Remember, no one dressed up like the British Soldiers did back during the Rev War. And their outfits were so fancy they could be EASILY SEEN miles away.

And both sides can be seen easily. Point? Imperial armor>Stormcloak garbage.

NENALATA

30811.jpg
NENALATA said:
So you're basing the outcome of the war based on who has spent the most money on their uniforms? Just saying. Remember, no one dressed up like the British Soldiers did back during the Rev War. And their outfits were so fancy they could be EASILY SEEN miles away.​

Stormcloaks are mainly made up of Guards and Militiamen. They are in the minority and have limited funding. There are multiple lore sources which confirm they typically resort to Guerrilla Warfare / Terrorist Tactics. Their armor is darker than Imperials. They blend in and being stealthy is routine for them. Imperials tactics are that of a standing army which marches in columns.

They cannot both be seen easily because tactics of both sides are diametrically opposite. Furthermore, that Imperial Armor is deceptive because it is not as strong as Nord steel or the Nord Steel Imperial variants. It also weighs significantly more than the Stormcloaks CHAINMAIL hindering movement.

NENALATA

Elven armor is actually stronger than both and weighs less. Guilded or Glass Elven is even stronger than that.

J

Jeremius

30811.jpg
NENALATA said:
So you're basing the outcome of the war based on who has spent the most money on their uniforms? Just saying. Remember, no one dressed up like the British Soldiers did back during the Rev War. And their outfits were so fancy they could be EASILY SEEN miles away.​

Stormcloaks are mainly made up of Guards and Militiamen. They are in the minority and have limited funding. There are multiple lore sources which confirm they typically resort to Guerrilla Warfare / Terrorist Tactics. Their armor is darker than Imperials. They blend in and being stealthy is routine for them. Imperials tactics are that of a standing army which marches in columns.

They cannot both be seen easily because tactics of both sides are diametrically opposite. Furthermore, that Imperial Armor is deceptive because it is not as strong as Nord steel or the Nord Steel Imperial variants. It also weighs significantly more than the Stormcloaks CHAINMAIL hindering movement.

Maybe at night when most everybody is asleep. but during the daytime? that blue and furs and some of the gold on the officer armor is completely visible unless under the effects of an invisibility spell/potion.

And Stormcloaks do not use NORD STEEL, just the garbage that the windhelm guards get

And guerrilla warfare is not in-game. The civil war is all fort capture.

NENALATA

30811.jpg
NENALATA said:
30811.jpg
NENALATA said:

And both sides can be seen easily. Point? Imperial armor>Stormcloak garbage.​

Stormcloaks are mainly made up of Guards and Militiamen. They are in the minority and have limited funding. There are multiple lore sources which confirm they typically resort to Guerrilla Warfare / Terrorist Tactics. Their armor is darker than Imperials. They blend in and being stealthy is routine for them. Imperials tactics are that of a standing army which marches in columns.​
They cannot both be seen easily because tactics of both sides are diametrically opposite. Furthermore, that Imperial Armor is deceptive because it is not as strong as Nord steel or the Nord Steel Imperial variants. It also weighs significantly more than the Stormcloaks CHAINMAIL hindering movement.​
Maybe at night when most everybody is asleep. but during the daytime? that blue and furs and some of the gold on the officer armor is completely visible unless under the effects of an invisibility spell/potion.

And Stormcloaks do not use NORD STEEL, just the garbage that the windhelm guards get.

So Nord Nationalist Rebels who use EVERYTHING NORD would not use Nord Steel? And the Stormcloak garbage is called CHAINMAIL. Or something very close to it which different variations are worn by all the various hold guards. Not just Stormcloaks.

J

Jeremius

30811.jpg
NENALATA said:
30811.jpg
NENALATA said:

And both sides can be seen easily. Point? Imperial armor>Stormcloak garbage.​

Stormcloaks are mainly made up of Guards and Militiamen. They are in the minority and have limited funding. There are multiple lore sources which confirm they typically resort to Guerrilla Warfare / Terrorist Tactics. Their armor is darker than Imperials. They blend in and being stealthy is routine for them. Imperials tactics are that of a standing army which marches in columns.​
They cannot both be seen easily because tactics of both sides are diametrically opposite. Furthermore, that Imperial Armor is deceptive because it is not as strong as Nord steel or the Nord Steel Imperial variants. It also weighs significantly more than the Stormcloaks CHAINMAIL hindering movement.​

And Stormcloaks do not use NORD STEEL, just the garbage that the windhelm guards get.

So Nord Rebels who use EVERYTHING NORD would not use Nord Steel? And the Stormcloak garbage is called CHAINMAIL. Or something very close to it which different variations are worn by all the various hold guards. Not just Stormcloaks.

And yet that guard armor is worse than imperial armor.

NENALATA

Right because they're Guards. Garrisons if you will. They're function is to protect the town. Legion is the standing army.

NENALATA

Not to mention that everywhere in Skyrim Nord Bandits and Merc wear Heavy Armor of the Nord types and still express their allegiance with Ulfric's goals.

J

Jeremius

Not to mention that everywhere in Skyrim Nord Bandits and Merc wear Heavy Armor of the Nord types and still express their allegiance with Ulfric's goals.

They shout "Skyrim belongs to the Nords" Not "WE AGREE WITH ULFRIC, SKYRIM FOR THE NORDS!"

Right because they're Guards. Garrisons if you will. They're function is to protect the town. Legion is the standing army.

which would make Imperial armor more resistant to damage, and thus look cooler.

NENALATA

30811.jpg
NENALATA said:
Not to mention that everywhere in Skyrim Nord Bandits and Merc wear Heavy Armor of the Nord types and still express their allegiance with Ulfric's goals.​

They shout "Skyrim belongs to the Nords" Not "WE AGREE WITH ULFRIC, SKYRIM FOR THE NORDS!"

lol It means the same thing. Furthermore, Ulfric and the Stormcloaks welcome any true Nord to join their ranks. This includes Nords from holds such as Dawnstar who wear their hold's armor.

Not my fault if the game doesn't represent this however it is lore.

And this is a REBELLION. These are rebels and scoundrels. There is no set uniform although for some reason Beth has them all uniform. This is due to a lack of dev.

30811.jpg
NENALATA said:
Right because they're Guards. Garrisons if you will. They're function is to protect the town. Legion is the standing army.​

But weaker than true Nord Steel and easier to spot.

J

Jeremius

30811.jpg
NENALATA said:
Not to mention that everywhere in Skyrim Nord Bandits and Merc wear Heavy Armor of the Nord types and still express their allegiance with Ulfric's goals.​

lol It means the same thing. Furthermore, Ulfric and the Stormcloaks welcome any true Nord to join their ranks. This includes Nords from holds such as Dawnstar who wear their hold's armor.

Not my fault if the game doesn't represent this however it is lore.

And this is a REBELLION. These are rebels and scoundrels. There is no set uniform although for some reason Beth has them all uniform. This is due to a lack of dev.
30811.jpg
NENALATA said:
Right because they're Guards. Garrisons if you will. They're function is to protect the town. Legion is the standing army.​

But weaker than true Nord Steel and easier to spot.

Was only pointing out that Imperial armors look better than that ragtag rebel armor. The only thing that looks halfway decent is the officer armor, and that bear head is super-ugly. But then again, Blades armor and even Stalhrim Armors look cooler than the Imperial ones (pun intended for the Stalhrim armors).

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
General Jonna STOPPED the Aldmeri Army in IC from being reinforced from the South, STOPPED the Aldmeri in the city from retreating/regrouping which enabled the Emperor to win the city.

I can't believe I have to explain this over and over.

The Nords are not the single reason the Aldmeri Dominion lost. They're not the ones who completely defeated the Aldmeri Dominion and saved everyone in Tamriel.

General Jonna was doing her duty, the same as other Generals. The Nord Legions fought the same as the other Legions. They're not better than the High Rock Legions, not better than the Cyrodiil Legions. Legions are Legions, they're the same. Except the Shadow Legion.

Everyone took part and is what enabled the Empire to win. Without the Nords the Empire couldn't of won, without the Cyrodiil Legions the Empire couldn't of won, without the High Rock Legions the Empire couldn't of won.

One province doesn't deserve all the credit. They all fought and are all the reasons the Empire won. The Empire is united.

Well, yeah however it's like everywhere I go, I keep hearing this stuff over and over again how there are no differences between folks and we're all the same... blah blah blah. Which isn't true. I don't mean like being 'better' than someone, I'm talking about common sense. Yes, a Khajit could be a really powerful Warrior however in that book which talks about their victory against the Wood Elves, the Khajit told their Nords advisors to go home because what worked for the Nords (ie Heavy Armor and Weapons) was totally inappropriate for use by the Khajit. Because they were cats, they were not Nords.

I'm not saying everyone is the exact same. Are you all really unable to comprehend?

I'll explain it in a very simple way. The argument which was about racial selection.

Just because someone is a Dunmer, doesn't mean he's an assassin.

Just because someone is an Altmer, doesn't mean he's an Master Wizard.

Do you see what I'm saying? Race doesn't make the person the best at something, training and experience does. Every race has to train and gain experience before they can be a good assassin, a great warrior or a master mage. By the logic that was being said last page, that Altmer stable owner in Windhelm should be made into a Battlemage/Mage in the Legion cause he's an Altmer.

Also about the heavy armor, it wasn't because they were cats. The book I'm referring to, talks about their tactics. Another book about the Nord Advisors they sent home, it was because Khajiit were used to their traditional armor, so when they tried heavy armor, they were unused to the movements, it was strange to them. It wasn't because they were cats, because you do see Khajiit in heavy armor at times in TES. They were untrained in it, unaccustomed to it. Which is why they lost the Battle of Zelinin.

Right. But what is a "Full Warrior"? :) They're God is a Warrior, majority of them revere him so all those True Orcs who follow Malacath are Warriors to some degree. You cannot follow Malacath and not at least understand what it means to be a warrior, because he is. Although his followers are technically Outcasts but he is a Warrior Demi-God. And his Code, which again, is a cultural thing but his Code is very reminiscent of militaristic standards. Like a Warrior's Code.

Many Orcs are indeed warriors, but they're not warriors by birth. Not because of some racial selection, that because he is an Orc, he's a beast in battle. Skill and experience. Orcs train in battle, before they're any good at it.

It takes them years of training, many going to join the Legions to further their skills.

The game is based on lore. :) You can't separate them because I'm drawing generalizations ~ Not talking stats which very per game. No where in here did I imply that an adolescent person was auto super skilled and all powerful. (If you are indeed reading this) Basically what I am saying is that when you have races Descended from Aedra or (basically Gods by any other name), their genetic makeup brings the magic to them, it's in their blood.

In the games you start with spells. Does that mean every Altmer lore wise, in the novels, throughout all TES history. That every Altmer can cast spells? Does the stable owner in Windhelm know any spells?

Altmer still have to learn how to control, and tap into magic. They don't have it right off the bat. Which is what I'm saying, if you're reading this.

Game racial bonus, doesn't always follow lore. It's an in-game ability and it's neat to have give each race interesting play styles. But racial ability has changed throughout the games. Do you suggest the racial abilities from Morrowind and Oblivion which were changed in Skyrim, are the result of what? Evolution, devolution, birth defects, corrupted genes?

In-game doesn't always translate to the world. Look at it from a living world perspective, which is what majority of the lore does, the novels do. Put yourself into that point of mind, and you'll see what trying to make in-game stats to the living world of lore, doesn't work.

See? Having Magic ability and being skilled is completely separate things. However, I'm of errmmm Nordic/Germanic descent. So I can withstand the cold. I LOVE Cold Weather baby yeaahhh!!! See what I mean? It's the same with the Elves or whoever. Whether they're smart and choose to benefit from their gifts is on them. However, they have them regardless. For example, I have an African friend of mine... who DOES NOT like the cold. At all. He's miserable. He might could FORCE himself to tolerate it, however he'll most likely never be accustomed to it like me. He is tall and can play basketball well. I am not as tall and though I could become good at ~ There are limits to the game that I will NEVER be able to break because I do not have his height. Anyone whose played sports knows exactly what I'm talking about.

Yet not every African is tall. In fact if you play Oblivion, you'll find many Nords can't even stand the cold. The ones who moved to Anvil, because they hated the cold in Skyrim. Every person is different, and just because you're a Dunmer doesn't make you an assassin. Just because you're African, it doesn't make you a Basketball pro.

You see what I'm saying? I'm not saying everyone is the same, in that everyone is this. I'm saying everyone is the same that they can all be good at everything given enough practice. But also everyone is different, as in their race. One Altmer might be the most powerful Mage to ever live, the next Altmer is a farmer and doesn't understand the first thing about magic. You see where I'm heading, it's common sense.

Yes because it takes work on the part of the individual to train. However, every Altmer has GREATER potential to excel at Magic because of their heritage. And you know, you don't even have to Master it. You could be like a... Nightblade or Spellsword. And once that ability is unlocked, just like sports, on avg the Altmer can hold a Ward for significantly longer amount of time than say an Imperial on the same skill lvl.

You talk in levels and racial ability. There is no level 23 Nord in lore. I'm not sure if you're confused to what I was saying? Or if you're just talking for the sake of talking.

Not every Altmer can cast magic. While many Altmer are magically gifted, it doesn't extend to all of them. All races can generally cast magic, but mainly those who have a natural ability across all the races are able to access magic more easily. Those who can't, have to work harder.

Not necessarily and I'm going to show you why. Alright. So... let's take a Breton. Any Breton Mage. Now, the Breton Mage has the unique ability to Absorb Magicka Dmg for 60secs. The Atronach sign provides 50% Mag Res. This makes the BRETON the ONLY race in Skyrim that has the potential to be immune to Magicka for a short time, but that does not matter because this is a feat that no other race can possibly reach. Unless you can enchant absorb magicka which I don't think is even possible. Magic Res yes, but that's diff and it's also capped at 85%.

However this example is platform specific and is crude in that respect. Probably the best example is the Argonian.

Argonians in Oblivion and Skyrim can breather underwater. This is because of their unique physiology. Now, you might be able to wear something that grants water breathing but that is an item. No other race can breathe Underwater by enhancing their physiology.

Argonians can breathe underwater, that is part of their genetic makeup, but you have to understand what is being said.

In-game ability,stats and lore don't always go hand in hand. You're trying to put in-game stats into something that happened in lore. TES doesn't work like that, the games can, you can exploit things and do things for a time. Become completely magical resistant, just be a terminator.

But, it doesn't go into lore like that. Read the novels, read books you find in-game, read the ones found in other games. Do you see in-game stats that reflect into that? Not at all. You're looking at it from a game dimension, and trying to put that into lore. Lore can be so much more, since it is living TES world. The game is limited, it has it's mechanics, but those do not go into lore.

Better example. Imperial City has not too many NPC's in Oblivion. Imperial City in lore has thousands. Solitude has lets say 20 in Skyrim, Solitude in lore has hundreds if not thousands of citizens living there.

Do you see what I'm saying? Just because something is in-game, like a Dunmer character you make in Helgen has some higher points in this, it means that Dunmer are best suited for assassins. Bretons are best suited for Battlemages. Yet if we look at it from the living lore world, Bretons are actually known for producing the best espionage and assassins that have turned tides in war.

Altmer can be amazing Mages in lore. But not because they were just born, but by the fact many of them devote centuries in their studies of magic.

You guys are welcome to try to argue about that coming from a Wiki but doesn't matter because the fact the Bretons have PASSIVE MAGIC RESISTANCE is based on lore and is an quality that does NOT require Skill. virtually all of them have it by birth. Hahaha Even 5 yr olds have the Magic Resistance. It's in their blood, it's unique to them. Imperial 5 yr old don't have this resistance. It's not something they can learn until they're older.

No one is saying Bretons don't have a magical resistance. But not every Breton is a Battlemage, which is what is being said.

You're going in the wrong direction on what I was saying, I never once said "Bretons don't have magical resistance" so I don't understand why that is being mentioned.

You can try argue this, coming from a wiki too.

Espionage has also proven to be one of their strong suits; Breton double agents, assassins, and spies have turned the tide of wars throughout recorded history.

Doesn't mention Battlemages, not every Breton is going to be a Battlemage and not every Dunmer is an assassin. Look at that, lore is saying that Bretons were actually known in history as producing some of the best assassins.
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Breton

But it also doesn't mean every Breton is an assassin. Just what their race in history excelled at.

Not every Englishman is Posh and not every American is obese.

NENALATA

DrunkenMage

you and I aren't going to agree on everything, I think we can agree that the Empire is still what's best for Skyrim and although I've supported the Thalmor on here, really I've always seen the Empire has the 'Adult' in this Skyrim Civil War. I don't think what the Thalmor are doing in Skyrim is right, although I understand why they're doing it. Although I don't think it's a bad thing for the Thalmor to have Embassy in Skyrim. They need to just stay out of the Civil War altogether. Although, I can understand why they're enforcing the WGC. Other countries would. However, the Empire lacks the radicalism which is fueling the Stormcloaks and Thalmor. It would be best for Tamriel if the Empire made it, which I hope it does. Seriously.

Alright well, you guys take care...

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts