Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Ilrita

The Imperial Storm
Nobody cares about the Thalmor and their feelings, both in game and on these forums, except the Thalmor themselves :p.

Plus they could make an option to side with the Thalmor in the new game, so it will be like the Skyrim Civil War, and then a whole other thread just like this one will open up, but it won't be as equal, because the Thalmor are a truly terrible people. And everyone on this thread who are now expert debaters will use their rhetoric to obliterate all the people who side on team Thalmor.

At least it would be something we could agree on, the Stormcloaks and the Imperials I mean. That the Thalmor are bad and the problem to be taken care of. :cowboy:

Ozan

the Magnificent Bastard
It bothers Ozan... he does not wish to see enemies, being the Colovian and the Stormcloak, unite. He sees a world damning entire populations for the benefit of a few. Mass slaughters in Valenwood, conquest in Vvardenfell, damning and forsaking over all Tamriel.

No. Ozan shall not be content until leaders are chosen. Until the rich know modesty. Until conquest rests.

No, Ozan doubts he would ever be content with society. Nothing will change to meet the drastic measures demanded by this Khajiit. Should this war end, only a moments respite. Ozan would perhaps seek revolution and rebellion elsewhere. Perhaps Colovian Cyrodiil. Perhaps sweet and native Elsweyr. Perhaps Akavir.

Regardless, though charming both sides wish to unite, we forget the social divide. If the Thalmor are utterly destroyed, what next? Peace? For how long? What of the bandits and vagrants preying upon the weak and poor? What of the Thanes and Nobles who take and take and feast and feast and destroy and spread filth disguised in luxery? Devout warriors who become mercenaries, clouded with greed and cruelty?

What of they who we look to who ignore us? The people can speak... but who can listen? The Emperor in his fallax ((sp)) tower? How high and mighty he must be. A pampered prince blessed by being Colovian? Or the vindictive Thalmor, sadistic and merciless? The High Kings of Skyrim, content with feuding over sands?

Ozan's point... do we really win, even if the Thalmor are destroyed?

Gunnbjorn

Formerly known as Arillious
It bothers Ozan... he does not wish to see enemies, being the Colovian and the Stormcloak, unite. He sees a world damning entire populations for the benefit of a few. Mass slaughters in Valenwood, conquest in Vvardenfell, damning and forsaking over all Tamriel.

No. Ozan shall not be content until leaders are chosen. Until the rich know modesty. Until conquest rests.

No, Ozan doubts he would ever be content with society. Nothing will change to meet the drastic measures demanded by this Khajiit. Should this war end, only a moments respite. Ozan would perhaps seek revolution and rebellion elsewhere. Perhaps Colovian Cyrodiil. Perhaps sweet and native Elsweyr. Perhaps Akavir.

Regardless, though charming both sides wish to unite, we forget the social divide. If the Thalmor are utterly destroyed, what next? Peace? For how long? What of the bandits and vagrants preying upon the weak and poor? What of the Thanes and Nobles who take and take and feast and feast and destroy and spread filth disguised in luxery? Devout warriors who become mercenaries, clouded with greed and cruelty?

What of they who we look to who ignore us? The people can speak... but who can listen? The Emperor in his fallax ((sp)) tower? How high and mighty he must be. A pampered prince blessed by being Colovian? Or the vindictive Thalmor, sadistic and merciless? The High Kings of Skyrim, content with feuding over sands?

Ozan's point... do we really win, even if the Thalmor are destroyed?

Well, we both share a common enemy - which is the Thalmor, if both sides join up and together drive them back to the Summerset Isles, the hope will be we both form great relationships and respect to one another, which will allow the Empire to give Ulfric and Skyrim what they want - which is a Nord Skyrim, and the Empire will no longer have to be crippled under the rules of the White Gold Concordat.

They will still have a strong alliance for many years, and together will destroy any threat that harms either of them, whether it be bandits or vagrants that you said.

Well, at least that's the ultimate dream, right?

Ilrita

The Imperial Storm
Aye, one thing at a time. Let us first banish the Thalmor—an active force who has for hundreds and hundreds of years tried to control, enslave and kill— and their heinous associates before we aim to end all else.

Ozan

the Magnificent Bastard
This Nord, though Colovian, is better than Khajiit. He believes in a better world, one to be salvaged... Impressive to Ozan. However, Ozan seeks a world renewed. Saved from tolerating those who are born into privilege and power. A world where the weak are considered sentient and the poor able to survive.

So lavish, the parties and balls ((lol)) of the Thalmor and Colovian. Banquets paid for by taxes collected from the less fortunate.

Ozan shall not pay. Nor would he force others to pay for such splendor. Who else would say the same?

feliciano182

I love it when people stop knowing what the hell they were talking about in this thread and just jump out and say "Stormcloaks and Legionnaires, together against the Thalmor !

I mean, it's so adorable, two pages until we start slinging dung at each other................as we should :cool: !

Gunnbjorn

I love it when people stop knowing what the hell they were talking about in this thread and just jump out and say "Stormcloaks and Legionnaires, together against the Thalmor !

I mean, it's so adorable, two pages until we start slinging dung at each other................as we should :cool: !

Actually, only I said that.. and people agreed it would be a good idea for a possible new DLC.

Really, it was just a way to ease the tension as some of the debates started to spark a little anger between posters, nothing wrong with taking a little break now and again, and it was nothing completely irrelevant either, as both sides agreed that they have one common enemy.

It's not that people "stopped knowing what the hell they were talking about"

You seem to be the only one disheartened by it.

Ilrita

The Imperial Storm
I agree with Gunnbjorn.

No one "stop knowing what the hell they were talking about" at the start of the recent discussion, and I see the relevance of what we talked about when it comes to the thread.

feliciano182

Actually, only I said that.. and people agreed it would be a good idea for a possible new DLC.

Really, it was just a way to ease the tension as some of the debates started to spark a little anger between posters, nothing wrong with taking a little break now and again, and it was nothing completely irrelevant either, as both sides agreed that they have one common enemy.

It's not that people "stopped knowing what the hell they were talking about"

You seem to be the only one disheartened by it.

I wasn't trying to say it was a bad thing, even if it sounded like that, I'm just saying I've seen it happen before...........mostly from Raijin in his attempts to hit on Docta Corvina.

Gunnbjorn

I wasn't trying to say it was a bad thing, even if it sounded like that, I'm just saying I've seen it happen before...........mostly from Raijin in his attempts to hit on Docta Corvina.

Your first mistake was relating me to Raijin, as great a guy he is, I am a completely different person.

You seem to be the one getting off topic, and trying to start an argument in the process, you're an instigator... I smell... Troll.

It's been hours since anyone responded to the whole "Drive back the Thalmor" conversation, who do you think I was trying to hit on? Did it look at all as if I were making a move?

Your posts are a waste of time, find something else to do with your apparent boredom.

feliciano182

Your first mistake was relating me to Raijin, as great a guy he is, I am a completely different person.

You seem to be the one getting off topic, and trying to start an argument, you're an instigator... I smell... Troll.

It's been hours since anyone responded to the whole "Drive back the Thalmor" conversation, who do you think I was trying to hit on? Did it look at all as if I were making a move?

Your posts are a waste of time, find something else to do with your apparent boredom.

Listen here friend, I made a comment that you obviously did not like.

But nowhere in my post was I offensive, nor was I trying to attack anyone, I can understand people disliking my sense of humour, of which they are completely free to say so, this type of responses however, have no merit whatsoever.

Just saying, so that next time you won't need to act with animosity and respond with uncalled ratings and accusations.

Gunnbjorn

But nowhere in my post was I offensive, nor was I trying to attack anyone, I can understand people disliking my sense of humour, of which they are completely free to say so.

Just saying, so that next time you won't need to act with animosity and respond with uncalled ratings and accusations.

I didn't sense any humor in that post, to be completely honest, and I've been known as a pretty humorous guy.

In my eyes, you were insulting somebody that wasn't even present, sarcasm is nice, but don't do it on the internet unless it's completely obvious, especially with people you don't even know.

If that is the case, then my apologies.

feliciano182

I didn't sense any humor in that post, to be completely honest, and I've been known as a pretty humorous guy.

In my eyes, you were insulting somebody that wasn't even present, sarcasm is nice, but don't do it on the internet unless it's completely obvious, especially with people you don't even know.

If that is the case, then my apologies.

It was an attempt at humour, which obviously didn't work, I've learned from my lesson however, as I hope you have as well.

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
Why not Zoidberg?

seriously, be both!

< That Damned Arrow >

... but then I took an arrow to the knee.
  • "How and if Tiber Septim became the god Talos is largely unknown and is a matter of speculation and debate
  • In Oblivion, the blood needed to open the portal to Mankar Camoran's Paradise was a blood of a divine. The blood used was from Tiber Septim's armor, the only known exisiting Divine artifact, which implies that Tiber Septim indeed became a god."
Now, I'm not based on either side ... but what I found out here on the Talos Wiki is that Tiber Septim did indeed become divine. Also, I believe in Skyrim's ability to fight for it's freedom. Personally and especially as a Breton, I HATE Ulfric - he's racist, a bigot, and I REALLY want to kill him ... but based on my opinion at the moment, I'm, for the first time, going with the Stormcloaks all the way through. I suppose gaining the nickname 'Stormblade' or whatever it was wouldn't be too bad either.

Gunnbjorn

• "How and if Tiber Septim became the god Talos is largely unknown and is a matter of speculation and debate
  • In Oblivion, the blood needed to open the portal to Mankar Camoran's Paradise was a blood of a divine. The blood used was from Tiber Septim's armor, the only known exisiting Divine artifact, which implies that Tiber Septim indeed became a god."
Now, I'm not based on either side ... but what I found out here on the Talos Wiki is that Tiber Septim did indeed become divine. Also, I believe in Skyrim's ability to fight for it's freedom. Personally and especially as a Breton, I HATE Ulfric - he's racist, a bigot, and I REALLY want to kill him ... but based on my opinion at the moment, I'm, for the first time, going with the Stormcloaks all the way through. I suppose gaining the nickname 'Stormblade' or whatever it was wouldn't be too bad either.

Thanks for ruining this thread's birthday :sadface:

We were trying to go a whole day without arguing or debate. :oops:

< That Damned Arrow >

... but then I took an arrow to the knee.
I wasn't trying to argue lol, I was just putting in my opinion. Personally, I'd do either side; they both have their ups and downs. I've played the Empire often. So I'm actually open-minded enough not to argue, I was just ... thinking aloud. Sorry? o_O

Gunnbjorn

I wasn't trying to argue lol, I was just putting in my opinion. Personally, I'd do either side; they both have their ups and downs. I've played the Empire often. So I'm actually open-minded enough not to argue, I was just ... thinking aloud. Sorry? o_O

True :D

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar

I suppose you were reading the SB from earlier today? Where DrunkenMage and I was discussing about how the Stormcloaks and the Imperials should both stop acting like ignorant fools and start working together to finally defeat the Thalmor.

But... I realize on your second post:

I suppose you were referencing to this post that I've made: Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one? | Page 359 | Skyrim Forums Rest to sure that I was not hitting on Docta Corvina by all means. When I made that comment, It was more like a RP response, since I tend to do A LOT of it here.

When I actually do hit on someone I generally do it in private.

Oh and one last thing.. your third post that you've rebutted to Gunnbjorn

But nowhere in my post was I offensive, nor was I trying to attack anyone, I can understand people disliking my sense of humour, of which they are completely free to say so, this type of responses however, have no merit whatsoever.

You should practice what you preach. You've given me a couple of negative ratings in the past without quoting me with an explanation. Don't complain about someone giving you a negative rating when you do it yourself.