Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
I thought the battles in the civil war were uninspiring, unrealistic and boring. The game engine is simply poorly suited for these kind of quests because it has to scale the size of the battles down to tiny numbers.

Sieges against cities like Solitude and Windhelm should take days if not weeks and the gates of both cities just magically open up which was laughable. They could have reinstanced it so that they appeared to be broken down. It's not as if there aren't cell entrances in the game that are open entrances.

It's also idiotic to think the leader of the military forces would stand before the breached gateways and take the time to give an inspiration speech.

While no machine could handle it with the Skyrim game engine this is how battles between the Imperial Legion and Stormcloaks should be:

mast3rlinkx

I thought the battles in the civil war were uninspiring, unrealistic and boring. The game engine is simply poorly suited for these kind of quests because it has to scale the size of the battles down to tiny numbers.

Sieges against cities like Solitude and Windhelm should take days if not weeks and the gates of both cities just magically open up which was laughable. They could have reinstanced it so that they appeared to be broken down. It's not as if there aren't cell entrances in the game that are open entrances.

It's also idiotic to think the leader of the military forces would stand before the breached gateways and take the time to give an inspiration speech.

While no machine could handle it with the Skyrim game engine this is how battles between the Imperial Legion and Stormcloaks should be:

It is ridiculous, but I did the quests just to experience the story.

You know, I wonder what would happen if you tried to do the core storyline after Jarl Balgruuf was unseated.

mast3rlinkx

I used to like the stormcloaks, but after talking to some of the dark elves in windhelm, I realised that they are really the bad guys here. The empire had to make a deal to save the entire empire and all that the stormcloaks had to do was stop worshipping talos, and they freaked out about it. I think Ulfric saw an oppurtunity to gain power and claim the throne for himself. Also Sybille Stendor said a few words to me that really changed my opinion towards the stormcloaks. She had a very good point, which was that, in life, Talos was Tiber Septim, and he founded the empire. Even if they can't openly worship Talos, the legion upholds what he created in life, and in a way, that's a kind of worship that is a lot stronger than just praying to him. The stormcloaks can't handle the aldmeri dominion, but the entire empire might be able to. MIGHT be able to... I also don't think Ulfric really cares about his cause that much. And I'm pretty mad at the Nords for being so rascist all the time, especially since they're the ones that were originally from Atmora, and the elves actually are the ones indigenous to Skyrim. Also I blame the Nords for what happened to the snow elves

The Dunmer of Morrowind are a lot more racist than the Nords. Did you play Morrowind at all? The Morrowind Dunmer don't even trust Dunmer born outside of Morrowind! Let alone other races. If you're not a Dunmer born in Morrowind, they'll discriminate against you. Until recently, from the perspective of the game, foreigners weren't allowed further than the first canton of Vivec City! It's not like the Gray Quarter in Windhelm, since Dunmer are at least allowed to go through the whole city. Foreigners couldn't even enter the majority of Vivec. I think that makes the Nords look pretty damn accepting in contrast.

Dropdragon

Ultimately, the cause of the Stormcloaks is right, but Ulfric is not.

While the Empire apparently had little choice in the treaty, it is still wrong. How would you feel to have a foreign power come to take away your religion, or for some here, enforce a religion? As long as said religion is harmless (and while Talos attacked the elves, his following is of honor in battle), there shouldn't be a ban on it. The cause of Talos is ultimately flawless in nature. When your very belief system is endangered, something must be done to restore it and make sure nothing else is taken.

Ulfric, however, fights for Nordic pride, and it's not a stretch to say that he fights for power. When you ask him why he fights, he doesn't really regard Talos (to my memory) as his reason; he simply hates the elves, etc.

Skyrim, in addition, can probably take on the elves. The elves would have to capture and hold all of the barren Skyrim in order to succeed; the Empire only did this through the support of Nordic jarls. Supposing the Dragonborn is still present, it's a fair chance.

In the end;Empire isn't BAD by nature, and the cause of the rebellion isn't, but Ulfic kind of...sucks. Regardless, the cause of the revolution will be complete with him.

I'm now going to cry in a corner for a few hours for going so in depth into a game filled with Sweetroll theives.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
Saying the Dunmer deserve racism is stupid, punishing a culture or race because certain individuals made mistakes and caused problems is disastrous. It's how Hitler got power.

Sent from HTC app Tapatalk

Docta Corvina

The ancient Roman historian/lover in me LOVES this, so hard. OMG I need to re-watch my expanded cut version of Gladiator ASAP! :)

mast3rlinkx

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
The only other exception. They are the only race in the Elder Scrolls universe that deserves racism.

Khajiit Caravans - The Elder Scrolls Wiki

No one deserves racism. It's frightening to see what you are saying, because I'm afraid to know how you treat those who are different then yourself. You seem to generalize a whole group of people just based on a few individuals. That's like saying all middle easterns deserve racism because they all must be terrorists.

However, besides that, there is also Kharjo, who is a warrior. Just because he travels and works with the caravans doesn't mean he is aware of the dirty business they do.

mast3rlinkx

If most of them are thieves, like you just admitted then yes racism is deserved. I'am not supporting some kind of act of genocide. But, I don't believe they should be allowed in the cities.

If they were beasts who were below humans, then yes, racism would be deserved. However, they are a sentient species, not some wild animal. They are, in many ways, equal to humans, and superior in a few ways. To force them to a level below all other races is wrong and immoral.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead

This kind of attitude is backwards considering they're many helpful and sincere Khajiit. Stop being so naive, the reason many of them turn to crime is because of centuries of racial discrimination. They don't have the same opportunities as other races.

Sent from HTC app Tapatalk

Jersey Dagmar

I read your fanfic with your khajiit character. It was very nicely written and I gave you 4 rep points. One of my best friends is an African American so I'am not racist. He even acknowledges that proportionally blacks commit more crimes. MOST black people are not criminals so racism against them is rude and wrong. But, khajiits are different. MOST of them are thieves. They deserve whats coming to them.

Okay, you gave me 4 rep points, I can still disagree with you here. And I've seen KKK members befriend blacks, you are nothing special, my friend. And I'd instead say Americans commit more crimes.

And no most Khajiits aren't thieves, that's just a build type that their race is suited for. Even when you play Oblivion, Khajiits are allowed to live and work inside all the holds of Cryodiil. As well as all the other races. If 99.9% of Khajiits are thieves like you say, I doubt even the Empire would allow them live in their cities.

I guess according to your logic, all Altmer are Thalmor.

mast3rlinkx

I did not say they were sub-human. I said they deserve the racism because the majority of members of their race are thieves. If they would stop being thieves then the racism would stop. Just like how the orcs went from being considered "beasts" to becoming respected.

You're contradicting yourself. To say they deserve racism is to say they're inferior to humans. Racism is where you believe your race is superior to another. To be racist towards Khajiit is to say that humans are superior to them. That is something nobody deserves, even a race that, on average, participates in illegal acts.

mast3rlinkx

But the racial discrimination was caused by them being thieves. People don't just dislike them because they are cat-folk. Then the Argonains and Orcs would be treated way worse

He just said the discrimination caused the thievery. There's a saying, "One bad apple ruins the batch". A few Khajiit thieves is enough for the whole race to be associated with thievery. Get what I'm saying?

Jersey Dagmar

That is not the same. That doesn't even make sense. The Thalmor is the ruling political party of Alinor. Khajiit thievery is not the ruling political party of Elsweyr.

It does make sense. You are generalizing a whole group/race on the basis of individuals.