18+ The Call of Cthulhu OOC

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

mast3rlinkx

This is now closed, folks.

Many assumed that the Daedric Princes are the most foul beings in existence. Among those native to this dimension that encompasses Nirn and all of its planes, that is very much true. No native entity is more foul than the most foul of Daedric Princes, from the intelligent Hermaeus Mora to the mighty Mehrunes Dagon. However, there are worse things than Daedra in existence, creatures so foul that even the Daedric Princes would shudder to think of them. The denizens of this realm do not know these entities yet, but soon they shall know them. The walls between their realm and ours are thinning, and soon these "Outer Gods" shall enter our realm if nobody rises to stop them from arriving. For once they arrive, there will be no hope.

This RP is a bit of a fusion of occult horror and the Elder Scrolls. You don't have to actually know much about it, but if you do, good, you can help me run this thing. I have high hopes for this RP. As such, I'll have to ask that you be very literate and able to write at least a paragraph.

Rules:
    1. Be mature. This is labelled as 18+ for a reason. There will be sexual themes and a lot of psychological abuse.

2. Your character's mind will be pried into. If you're coming in here hoping for your character to have privacy in their mind, this is not the roleplay for you.

3. Proper grammar and spelling is absolutely essential. I can understand the occasional typo, but horrible grammar is not tolerated.

4. I realize that this is 18+ and has occult roots, but try to keep things classy even in the face of absolutely nasty sexual themes. I won't do anything like that just for the sake of having it, but the occult nature of the roleplay will force my hand sometimes because of the very nature of the occult. This ties in very closely with rule 1.

5. A small amount of physical godmodding is tolerable, but no indomitable characters. If you're going to have a character who's extremely powerful in combat, they should have a weak will to balance it out. Similarly, weaker characters are allowed a stronger will.

6. I will be accepting about five characters. Only one character per player.

7. And most importantly, have fun!

Cast:
    Character name (username)/Occult experience
    The White Man (mast3rlinkx)/Claims ultimate knowledge of the occult and possesses the Necronomicon
    Fire-in-his-Hands/Briseen-Ra (mast3rlinkx)/serves Hermaeus Mora and studies Daedric cults; had a vision of a great evil coming to Nirn
    Silverhair (Kimrisvik)/no prior experience
    Vonos Dres (Osiris)/Serves both Namira and Mehrunes Dagon.
    Beth Signysdaughter (EpicVakarian)/Follows the teachings of Azura.
    Ashley (Space Sqeagy)/Bad experience involving Molag Bal
    Mytheos (Mytheos)/Champion of Mephala and Dremora hunter; vampire

CS Template:

This is only a guide. Feel free to add to it.

Name:

Race:

Allegiance:

Alignment:

Occupation (class):

Appearance:

Weapons:

Armour:

Personality:

Background:

Any previous experience with the occult?: This includes Daedra worship.

Roleplay sample:

Kimrisvik

King of Scandinavia
    It's not all done, but I will add in more later. Hope you like it:)

Name: Silverhair AKA Silver or Silv

Race: Nord

Allegiance: Living with a nomadic group of Bosmers.

Alignment: Neutral Good

Occupation (class): Nomad, swordsman

Appearance: He is skinny, but strong, and has long silverly hair and light blue eyes. He is short (about 170cm). Might remind of Viserys Targaryen from GoT.

Weapons: His twinblades "Hope" and "Destiny". Special made thin steelswords.

Armour: Thin leather armour for agility, and small steelplates for extra protection. No helmet.

Personality: Silver is a goodhearted person, and wants the best for everyone. He is loyal to the ones he trust. Silver is often naive and might do stupid things if he meens that is the right thing.

Strenghts: He is an excelent swordsman and can easily take down an opponent. He is good at tracking down people or preys.

Weaknesses: He is weak against heavily armored opponents. He can be naive and childish at some times.

Background: When he was born, his father who didn't have enough money to keep him, carried him into the woods to abandon him there. A pack of wolves were sneaking in at him when a small gruoup of woodelfs came to his rescue, and took him with them back to their camp. Their leader Thaer agreed to take him with them and raised him as his own son. As he grew older he became a skilled hunter and swordsfighter. The Bosmer gave him the name Silverhair cause of the color of his hair, but later on just used the nickname Silver or Silv.

One day, his "father" (Thaer) gets ill and dies. Silver then inherit his swords and names them Hope and Destiny. The elves then choose a new leader, Nedhel. Silver falls in love with Nedhels daughter, Cirwen, something that Nedhel does not accept. Silver is almost banished from the group, but the other elves convince Nedhel that he stays. Silver and Cirwen starts a secret relationship behind Nedhels back.

Any previous experience with the occult?: He doesn't know much about daedras.

Roleplay sample: "The stars are beautiful tonight!" Cirwen looked over at Silver who was lying next to her. His silverblond hair reached his shoulders, and he had tied it in a small knot behind his head. He held his hands behind his head. "They are." He said calmly. "Do you think it's true.." He turned his head towards her. "You know.. What Ulwaengo said." He taught about what the shaman had told them earlier. She laughed and rolled over him. "You meen. Dark days are coming!" She tried to mimic the old mans voice. "You think to much Silv" She gave him a teasing bite on the lower lip. "And you think to little!" He took his arms around her thin waist and kissed her on the lips.

"We should get back to the camp. Don't want your father to find out we're out here" He got up, and so did she. "I'll see you down there" She said and started to walk down the hill, to the small camp. Her long brown hair were shining in the moonlight. Silver took some time before he started his way down. He just couldn't get his mind of what the shaman had said. Dark days are coming. What could it mean? He shook his head and rubbed his head as he walked trough the silent camp on his way to his small tent. "Better not think more of this today" He said to himself as he got undressed. "Tomorrow is another day.."

Osiris

Child of the Sky
    Name: Vonos Dres

Race: Dark Elf

Allegiance: College of Winterhold, Coven of Namira,

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Occupation (class): Mage

Appearance: Dark blue skin, average build. Has deep red hair tied into a ponytail, with a light beard covering his chin. Blazing orange eyes, with an angry expression always glued to his face.

Weapons: Magic mostly, Orcish Dagger

Armour: Mage Robes and Hood, fur boots

Personality: Vonos is a calm and collected elf, confident in his abilities as a wizard. He has a silver-tongue, meaning he has little trouble persuading people. Although Vonos is a daedra worshipper and a Dunmer, he is generally peaceful and holds no grudges towards Argonians or Khajiits, but is distrustful at best towards Nords because of events during his childhood in the Grey Quarter.

Background: Vonos was but an infant when the Red Mountain erupted and the Argonians invaded Morrowind, because of this, he has never been to his native homeland. Vonos's Father was a simple farmer, his mother a merchant. They fled to Skyrim after Black Marsh attacked, taking refuge in Windhelm. Vonos's parents were killed in a riot started by the local Nords, not pleased with the Dark Elf presence in their city. Vonos, only 10 at the time, hid in his home, avoiding the Guards who came to take him to Honorhall Orphanage. For years Vonos lived on the streets, starving, only eating scraps and whatever he could find. When he had freetime though, Vonos practiced magic, which he thought was incredible and found himself naturally inclined to. Vonos turned to Daedra worship, he felt like the Gods had abandoned him, he became bitter. One night when the Dark Elf was 11, a drunk Nordic Man approached him, planning on ridding Windhelm of one less Dunmer. Terrified, Vonos shot a stream of flames, lighting the man ablaze and killing him. The child was so hungry, so cold from living on the streets, that even the man's burnt flesh stirred his appetite. Vonos took a tiny bite from the nord's arm, the taste was..different from anything he had ever tasted. The act of cannibalism cured his hunger, but came with a price: Banishment from Windhelm. Vonos had no where to go, so he travelled with a Khajiit Caravan, who were kind enough to let even a dunmer child join them. After some time, they reached Dawnstar, from there Vonos travelled to Winterhold to study at the College. Years later, the Dunmer has gained much magical strength, casting a shadow over his dark secret: His taste for flesh...

Any previous experience with the occult?: Worships Namira and Dagon

Roleplay sample: (Taken from a previous RP I was in, Fading Hope.)

The deep red sky peeked through black clouds, it wasn't natural..not during Sun's Dusk, not ever. Urzog looked into the distance, anxiety filled the young Orc's heart. His stronghold was quiet, the men stood silent, eyes restless. The women and children huddled inside the Urzog's longhouse, trying to stay quiet, an infant's cry could be softly heard from inside. Suddenly, a large figure clad in Orcish Armor galloped towards the Stronghold on a black steed, forcing it to stop and throw it's front hooves wildly in the air.
    "My Chief! the horde approaches, 300 strong!" the figure said, revealed to be an Orcish Scout. "Sigh, very well. MEN! PREPARE FOR BATTLE!" Urzog yelled, getting his men's attention. The Orcs scrambled to get their armor on, swords were unsheathed, anger could be found on many faces...A wretched, black mass could be seen in the distance, a giant shadowy blob at first, but as it inched closer, the fiery red pupils, putrid smell and unquenchable moans of pain could be detailed. All the men in the stronghold were mustered, some as young as 13 years of age were lined up in front of their home, their stronghold. Urzog stood infront of his small army, only 36 strong.
    "Do you hear that my brothers? their moans of pain, of agony? Let us ease their suffering!" he paced while he gave his short speech. "I will not lie, some of you WILL die, this is certain. Let us not die in vain! let us die, with swords in our hands, rage in our hearts! Cast down the demons!" he yelled, the orcs giving spine-chilling war howls. The horde grew closer, some were trolls, others were foul abominations or even zombies, but all were determined to devour the flesh of the innocent. "I have not been Chief for long, but as your leader, it will be an honor to fight at your sides, to bring glory to our names, for all Orcs!" Urzog exclaimed. "Give them nothing, but take from them, EVERYTHING!" He screamed as he led the charge into the demonic horde. The other Orc's followed, battle cries abound, war hammers ready to crush...

Trolls sent men flying through the air, axes thrown, blood splattered onto the already torched grass.. Urzog killed many of the beasts, as did his valiant men, the carnage was enough to make a lesser being insane with disgust. They just kept coming, wave after wave of Daedric infantry flowed, devouring the Orc's one by one, ripping them limb from limb, tearing the very skin off their bones. The screams of agony and rage echoed through the land. The Orcs fought bravely and slaughtered many..but alas, were outnumbered by too much. Urzog looked around him, horror in every direction he turned. The young Chief spun around, only to find a troll wielding a club connect with his head, the impact knocking him unconscious. The vile plague poured into the stronghold, leaving no survivors. Women, children, it mattered not; all were ripped apart, boiled alive, blood and flesh consumed like a meal savored after a battle. Their screams filled the Winter air of High Rock with fear and suffering.. Urzog awoke covered in a sheet of snow, freshly fallen like his brothers. the first thing he saw was his home, razed to the ground, swords and shields scattered everywhere, corpses picked dry in every direction. Urzog stood up slowly in shock, the land was eerily silent. No sooner than when he stood did he fall back to the cold ground on his knees, removing his hot helmet. "FATHER, WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN US!" he cried, letting out a sorrow filled roar. After an hour of mourning, the Orc stood up and started to walk, helmet under his arm. Malacath had abandoned his own children, fed them to the relentless hordes. With no God to give him strength, Urzog looks to himself for survival, renouncing his worship of the Demon his people had held so close..

Osiris

Child of the Sky
    nice, this RP sounds like it'll be awesome :D

Osiris

Child of the Sky
    I'd like to go with purple please

EpicVakarian

Calibration-Master General
    Name: Beth Signysdaughter
    Race: Half Nord, Half Imperial
    Allegiance: Stormcloaks, severely anti-Thalmor
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Occupation: Pyromancer, but will occasionally use a sword (that has emotional value to her)
    Appearance: Beautiful, thin, 5'2", light tan, and long auburn hair down to upper back. Deep, piercing green eyes. Has a tattoo of a dragon on her left cheek to signify her escape from Helgen and also to cover the scar she sustained in doing so.
    Weapons: Fire spells; particularly Incinerate. Very rarely uses a one-handed sword.
    Armour: Not armour, but not robes; wears a red sleeveless top with a pair of (reasonably tight :p) black shorts. Wears thigh-length red and black striped socks and a black pair of quite thin shoes. (her fire spells keep her warm)
    Personality: Very modest, shy, mature. Also kind and selfless, although will not hesitate to kill you if you harm anyone she cares about.
    Background: Born in Ivarstead to a Nord mother, Imperial father. They both worshipped Talos and were killed by a squad of Thalmor Justiciars when Beth was 9. She barely escaped, saving herself with her pyromancy. Got to Shor's Stone and found a healer, then went to the College of Winterhold to advance her skill with fire. She was very young next to her classmates, who bullied her, thinking she didn't deserve to be there because of her age. She was taken in by Savos Aren as a personal student, and they became close friends; Savos is now considered by Beth as a foster parent. At 23, travelled to Valenwood to train with Bosmer rebels against the Aldmeri Dominion. On her way back she was captured and brought to Helgen. She, again, barely escaped, but her adventures continued.
    Experience with occult: Follows teachings of Azura alongside her worship of Talos and Kynareth. Mainly because she saw herself in Azura; kindness, benevolence, and quick to bring about her wrath on any who dare hurt her friends.
    Roleplay sample: None, sorry. This will be my first roleplay, but hopefully if you see my character card then that should give you some sort of idea of it :)

Hope I get a place in this RP, it sounds awesome!

EpicVakarian

Btw if you want a specific piece of RP for the sample, I'll gladly conjure up something in the next day or two. Just tell me if you do. And also, the original post says "your character's mind will be pried into", what does that involve, exactly? Is it like basic mind-reading or sort of Inheritance-ish style, ie someone can get into your head and relive your memories? Either way is fine, I just thought I ought to ask that :) And btw, I will most likely be a regular poster in that I will post when I can. That is, from about 6pm to 10pm GMT.

EpicVakarian

mast3rlinkx, can we have a char profile from you? I feel like we know each other but not your character. We just know your character serves H.M. and studies cults, whereas the rest of us know each others' histories, personalities, etc. And btw, I may possibly upload a pic of my character, just to make my description more clear. :)

EpicVakarian

Oh God, Kimrisvik, I just saw your character's appearance. Well, as long as he's not actually like Viserys, I'm fine with it :p

EpicVakarian

Be nice to him. You don't want to wake the dragon, do you?

But Viserys wasn't the dragon, Daenerys is :p Viserys wasn't a true Targaryen. Anyway, nice to see someone else is a fan here :D So "naive and childish"... seems to me as though your character is basically Viserys, right? :p

EpicVakarian

But back to the point of things; I will attempt to get a picture of my char from fraps tomorrow and upload it here. And mast3rlinkx, if you need a specific piece of RP, just tell me and I'll try and get it done :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts