Help with Brother/Sister characters

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Jurgarik Greycloak

Techno master of Tamriel.
I have been at odds with my ideas for characters, and thought what I needed was a completely new idea. I wanted to do something of a brother/sister set up for them. I wanted the brother to be more front line fighter kind of character, and the sister be more tactical.

any ideas are welcome for perks, races and definitely questlines.

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
I'd think you would likely have some similar strengths since many times family members have a natural tendancy towards a skill or a job proficiency.

I fleshed out my main character's brother for RP purposes though mine is a little different because he dies shortly prior to the intro scene to the game. To help me plan him out though I thought a good bit on what I wanted their parents to be and then made each character share the main proficiencies of one parent and then a few minor ones from the opposite parent. In my case, Kasai got far more of his father's warrior/mele skills whereas his brother, Satoro, got far more of their mother's magic skills.

I like the idea of keeping the 2 character stories going though. It adds an interesting twist to how you play it out

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
Quest-wise - I think main quest line is probably best that one has a major role, the other more supporting. Factions are pretty open to having one sibling or both involved. For instance, it's not unfathomable that siblings would be in DB or the Companions or whatever

Jurgarik Greycloak

I'd think you would likely have some similar strengths since many times family members have a natural tendancy towards a skill or a job proficiency.

I fleshed out my main character's brother for RP purposes though mine is a little different because he dies shortly prior to the intro scene to the game. To help me plan him out though I thought a good bit on what I wanted their parents to be and then made each character share the main proficiencies of one parent and then a few minor ones from the opposite parent. In my case, Kasai got far more of his father's warrior/mele skills whereas his brother, Satoro, got far more of their mother's magic skills.

I like the idea of keeping the 2 character stories going though. It adds an interesting twist to how you play it out

I thought about it, and I thought one being more of a warrior, and the other being more stealthy to show that they may be related, but take vastly different approaches.

I might go Breton just because it seems likely that two Breton children would travel together

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass

I thought about it, and I thought one being more of a warrior, and the other being more stealthy to show that they may be related, but take vastly different approaches.

I might go Breton just because it seems likely that two Breton children would travel together
I like the Breton idea too because the race itself has considerably more versatility in character strengths and weaknesses being a mixed man/mer race.

Jurgarik Greycloak

I have decided on two Breton characters. A brother and a sister. The brother, Jerian Moorcroft will become more of a sword and shield knight/paladin/crusader. Elona Moorcroft will be an assassin/witch hunter with light armor.

Just need to come up with a good backstory for them. oh, and thanks for the help raido KASAI.

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
I have decided on two Breton characters. A brother and a sister. The brother, Jerian Moorcroft will become more of a sword and shield knight/paladin/crusader. Elona Moorcroft will be an assassin/witch hunter with light armor.

Just need to come up with a good backstory for them. oh, and thanks for the help raido KASAI.
My pleasure. You had a great starting idea.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
I am just starting the Brother side of a sibling duo.

Elenwen was a young pure mage Altmer who ran off out of the Summerset Isles to find her brother who ran away dure to an abusive and neglectful home. Elenwen is the more destruction/atronach mage with a very honest and generous nature. She goes to Skyrim due to her family having connections with the Radiant Raiments girls but ends up unsuccessfully finding her brother. She is not the Dragonborn. (see more in her CC card in my signature)

Im playing her brother Volanaro set 100 years in the future. He never went to Skyrim 100years previous but is now there to study vampires and other undead. He is a pure mage necromancer who uses alchemy and enchanting to supplement. I may even Rp that his sister turned into Elenwen who is in the Thalmor Embassy. Either way he will kill and thrall her eventually... As you can see he is more sinister and selfish than his sister (he copped more abuse at home). He will be the Dragonborn.

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
I am just starting the Brother side of a sibling duo.

Elenwen was a young pure mage Altmer who ran off out of the Summerset Isles to find her brother who ran away dure to an abusive and neglectful home. Elenwen is the more destruction/atronach mage with a very honest and generous nature. She goes to Skyrim due to her family having connections with the Radiant Raiments girls but ends up unsuccessfully finding her brother. She is not the Dragonborn. (see more in her CC card in my signature)

Im playing her brother Volanaro set 100 years in the future. He never went to Skyrim 100years previous but is now there to study vampires and other undead. He is a pure mage necromancer who uses alchemy and enchanting to supplement. I may even Rp that his sister turned into Elenwen who is in the Thalmor Embassy. Either way he will kill and thrall her eventually... As you can see he is more sinister and selfish than his sister (he copped more abuse at home). He will be the Dragonborn.
Interesting idea. I like it, especially the good/evil twist with the pair.

I've had a good time with the sibling thing with Kasai and his brother, though in my backstory by the time I get to the start of the game, Kasai is the last family member standing. That said though, I have created his parents and his brother as potential followers. They mainly get used more for screenshot purposes and the like, but I can console add them in at any time. I also made ghost versions of them to but I haven't really done anything with those yet than just checking out their appearances.

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
With one being an assassin, I'd be tempted to make them having been separated for a lot of their childhood and now the assassin realizes her requested target is the sibling and that's how they were reunited

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
How could you run two characters at the same time? Is this a mod or something?
I have several different character games going but I've re-created each of my characters in the creation kit to where I can use them as potential followers in the other characters games. It's not the same as having multiple fully-integrated games going at once, but it's a reasonable substitute, especially if you tend to RP your characters beyond just the game's storyline. I really only have 1 active character at a time and the others are just followers, but if I want to use one of my alternates for a while, I can load up that save file and choose any of the other characters as followers if I want them. Obviously though the custom follower option is only on PC.

You could still have something similar in mind on console, but you have to use your imagination a bit more since your multiple characters wouldn't be on-screen at the same time.

TESV 2014-04-23 21-21-23-99.png
Everyone you see on-screen is one of my 4 game characters I've made. The one on the bed is my main whose game I have loaded and the other three are npc followers.

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
I am beginning to get ideas for the backstory, just cannot put them together in a way that makes sense.
What were some of your ideas you liked? Regardless of whether the currently fit together or not, someone might read what you got and get a great idea that sparks the final idea. There's a good bit of creativity that lurks around this forum.

Jurgarik Greycloak

How could you run two characters at the same time? Is this a mod or something?

I would not play them at the same time, but the characters would have similar backstories.

Plus, I do not use the creation kit so would have no clue how to get my characters into each other's game.

Jurgarik Greycloak

Some of the ideas for these characters were that they grew up in a merchant family, but often had different ways of handling problems with the neighborhood bullies (Think Braith). Elona would often tried to outsmart them, while Jerian would often fight back. One day they come home to find their parents killed, their hearts ripped out. Jerian was trained as a fighter and went to find and kill the monsters responsible. Elona investigated and found out some vampires who lived nearby so she got a bow and some arrows and went to kill them. She shortly afterwards left and Jerian became a mercenary looking to simply survive.

Well, made Elona, might just try to make Jerian, based off of what I have in game.

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
Some of the ideas for these characters were that they grew up in a merchant family, but often had different ways of handling problems with the neighborhood bullies (Think Braith). Elona would often tried to outsmart them, while Jerian would often fight back. One day they come home to find their parents killed, their hearts ripped out. Jerian was trained as a fighter and went to find and kill the monsters responsible. Elona investigated and found out some vampires who lived nearby so she got a bow and some arrows and went to kill them. She shortly afterwards left and Jerian became a mercenary looking to simply survive.

Well, made Elona, might just try to make Jerian, based off of what I have in game.
Sounds like a pretty solid beginning to start with. It would be pretty easy to make their separate paths converge whenever you wanted to by making them each be hunting the same target, but each obviously in his/her own way.

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
You could still have something similar in mind on console, but you have to use your imagination a bit more since your multiple characters wouldn't be on-screen at the same time.

Lydia would probably be good for something like that. Housecarls in general. They no real personality and Lydia, especially, is kind of just thrust upon you. Could always pretend she's not your Whiterun Housecarl, but your sister who approaches you in Dragonsreach. Then you make Amren your housecarl because, really, what the hell else is he doing to pay the bills? He just isn't as active as the other housecarls because he has a family and everything else. Kind of turns Balgruuf into a jerk for sticking you with a plopsty housecarl, though. :D

Asiaxfani

God I'd kill for a PC that could run Skyrim. It would be so great to use multiple characters like this... How I envy you people!