Private Harbingers Path * Story thread

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Are you reading this story? please I want a real count. of actual readers not views.

• Yes.

Votes: 18 85.7%
    • No. But then how would I answer?

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters

Shew

Account closed (at sincere request).
    As Bruynzeel continues to berate himself and his long and deadly past.

A strange image fills his head. Of the two moons in both eclipse and crescent shapes. The sun just starting to line up with them. And then a very familiar tune plays in the background growing louder and more distinct.

One he had heard untold number of times before. The chimes of his precious music box. The last gift of his dead father. The sun continues to line up with the moons.
    hideaway.jpg

The light of day goes redish and then a dark purple shade as if dusk has fallen on Nirn.

The music becomes louder but it also becomes directional. He turns in his vision to discern its location. He is transported to the stables just outside of Markarth. Which surprises him greatly as he can tell he is no longer in the vision it is real.

The music of his precious heirloom continues in his head and seems to be coming from behind the hills in front of him. Wafting in on the breeze as if still in the dream. Then a thought without voice echos in his mind. "You must not just train, you are to lead them. It is your path to the honor you seek."

If he was to lead, he would again have to face those demons of his. The thrill of the kill, the satisfaction and revelry of the hunt. His younger brother would say something off the wall at this point. Enigmatic and more full of deep truths, than shallow lies. And someone who always seemed to have the right advice, not the right situation.

Bruynzeel quickly decides to see if...
    "Yes! His scent is in the air, he is around here somewhere." looks around and seeing the youngest son of the stable boy cleaning a stall and says. "Excuse me, Jacob right?" approaching the young lad. "Yes, sir I am. My father is just in the house if you need a horse." Purrs then states "No I was wondering if you could take a message to my friends while I take a short walk down the path here." pauses and the boy looks thoughtfully but seems restless. "Look, I will give you a septim for your trouble." Pulls a shiny coin from his sleeve. "And if you do it quickly, I will talk with your father when I return. About how proud I was of you for helping me and give you both one more each."

Shew

As Jacob runs off to the Knight of the Nine house with Bruynzeels message.. Bruynzeel turns and heads up the road toward Dragonsbridge, but knows that if his brother is near by he most likely is near the standing stone just up the hill.

Bruynzeel is startled when a Forsworn breaks the edge of the woods ahead and turns then mutters "Have to report back, they are gonna be on the move soon." he notices Bruynzeel "Crud and there is their lead." breaks into a run and Bruynzeel closes his eyes for a mere moment then as time slows to a crawl he draws a arrow to his bow and fires. The shot pins the forsworn to a tree by his elbow. he tries to break the arrow and Bruynzeel pins his other arm to the same tree. Then approaches "Your a scout then, where is the rest of your party?" As he gasps in pain "I will tell you nothing." Bruynzeel leans in close and flicks one of the arrows. "Then I have no reason to leave you alive. But if you were to tell me who you are reporting to, where you are garrisoned, and how many in your group... Well lets say I would heal your wounds, and let you live." The scout winces in pain, and then with pleading eyes and a sigh of resignation "I will tell you, all you want to know"

Bruynzeel puts away his bow, and draws his ebony dagger. With his free paw pulls the first arrow replacing it in his quiver the scout almost faints from the pain. and Bruynzeel heals him to keep him awake. As he goes to pull the next arrow he says "Your masters name first. Then I will finish healing you." "Cyclonez" "Impossible, Cyclonez is dead." "He lives the Hagravens ressurected him as a brairheart." "Where are you garrisoned?" With his free arm he points over the hills to the east of the road. The same direction the music had lead him. "Up there, near the old Akavir ruins." "And now how many are there?" "Sixty or so and growing, Cyclonez is uniting the clans." Bruynzeel keep his word and finishes removing the other arrow and fully heals the scout. "You need to leave Skyrim and never return, If I see you again I will end you." puts away his dagger.

The scout runs and yells back "I cannot, Cyclonez will destroy you and rule Skyrim." Again Bruynzeel centers himself drawing his bow and a arrow and completes his promise ending the scouts time on Nirn.

As Bruynzel recovers his arrow from the scout. He searchs the scout for any other information and finds a note... Before he can read it he hears the labored movements of Leo and Sita, and heads in their direction.

Minstrel

Queen of Evil
    Sita struggles with the body and barely managed to drag it across the ground. A few metres away she could see the path leading back to Markarth and let out a sigh of relief.

'Bruynzeel better be able to tell us something from these bodies, this girl weighs a ton.'

As they near the path Sita noticed a sudden change in the atmosphere. There came a sharp whistle and a quiet cry of pain just ahead of them. Sita picked up the pace and moved quickly onto the path where she dropped the body and to her surprise saw Bruynzeel standing with a bow in his hand.

'Bruynzeel we-' she turned slightly and noticed the body of a Forsworn on the ground behind her. 'We were ambushed by a group of Forsworn. I guess one got away. Leo is just behind me with another body. We were hoping you could establish where they came from. What happened to you?'

Shew

"Indeed, I caught this one running from you guys I do believe. I was on my way up the hill here to the standing stone. When he popped out of the woods at a heavy run."

Turns as Leo too falls into the road with his burden. "Looks like you guys had the brunt of it." Puts away his bow and says, "Keep a eye out while I look your quarry over."

He looks at their armor simular to his own target, ancient design but just recently made. the dirt and leaves on them confirms the scouts story of their location. He searchs them closer and comes up with two more notes. Hands one to each of the others and reads his aloud. "You are to observe a new group of adventurers and report back their actions, If you get the opportunity take out any of them you can." then their descriptions follow. "Seems our first target is aware of us. And like us is gathering intel."

Minstrel

Queen of Evil
    'But how could they know about us? We haven't spoken to anyone outside of the KoN house about what we are doing since we formed.'

Sita leant against a tree and though for a moment.

'The only contact I have had with anyone besides you guys is Doonkur, you don't think it is possible that my letter was intercepted by the Forsworn do you? I only sent it this morning.'

Shew

"Well, my research. Which I had planned on revealing after a touch more confirmation. Along with the info I coaxed from the scout that was fleeing your encounter. Says to me we are knee deep in a magic of deep involvement, capable of magic warning of us. Possibly a daedric influence."

Shew

Bruynzeel tries to figure out how to again be on his own for a few moments, to get some advice from his brother. And while doing so a wild idea springs to his mind. The group together is strong but a more surgical strike...

If we sent just a few directly at Cyclonez. Cyclonez is the heart parden the pun. Or perhaps more like the head without him the forsworn will fall apart, and may even self distruct, having discovered they have been controlled and coercsed.

"I need you two to go back and get ready for a stealth strike and scouting mission of our own. Tell the others everything we know I will be right there I need to commune with the nine. Then I will give my full findings."

Flint firestorm

The leading man, who else?
    "Very well, safe travels Bruynzeel. Let's go Sita" he said before quickly setting off towards the city gates. As the they entered the building Leo turned to Sita "I'll tell the Dark Knight, you go tell Glass, okay?"

Leo entered the Dark Knights room to find it empty. Realizing that they may be gone by the time he gets back Leo quickly wrote a note explaining everything that had transpired. Leaving the note on his desk Leo left the Dark Knights room and went to see if Sita was done talking to Glass.

Minstrel

Queen of Evil
    Sita couldn't find Glass either so she left a note explaining what had been going on in his absent's, much like Leo had done. She left it on his desk and made for the door when Leo entered.

"Glass wasn't there so I left a note. What about the Dark Knight?"

While she spoke Sita made her way round Leo and into the hallway.

"Sorry, I, I've got to go quickly."

Her stomach began to cramp and her head began to spin.

"Tell Bruynzeel that I'll meet up with you two later!" She called from the other end of the hall.

With that she ran out of the door and disappeared into the crowds of people at the market.

Shew

Mai'q laughs as Bruynzeel approaches. "Brother you have gone and done it again Gotten involved in the lives of nirn." Bruynzeel responds "We can not all be liars, or soothsayers. Where would the fun be in that?" "Hey, its fun to mess with the minds of the young." "And cause everyone thinks your crazy, you tend to be looked over when danger is about. I need some advice, I have been tasked to train a new group..."

"The artifact hunters, yes I know. You can not just train you are going to have to lead. And there are many factions talking about how the forsworn have suddenly gotten organized." "What can you tell me?" "Well my master, says that its not exactly Daedric, but it is powerful black magic. If you can retrieve the Heart of the Alpha, well it will all end the groups being controlled will fall apart, and chaos will ensue in their ranks."

"Thanks for that. I should get back." "Brother... before you go. There is rumor on the wind. You will lead but it will be your last." "What does that mean?" "Hey I don't always know what I am saying. But I have heard that too many times to ignore it."

Flint firestorm

"Odd" Leo said as he watched Sita sprint off into the crowd. "Guess I'll just wait here, till Bruynzeel arrives" he said as he went to find a book to read.

Shew

As Bruynzeel wanders the path back to the KON house "You will lead but it will be your last.." kept replaying over and over in his head. Is my time on Nirn coming to a end? Or will this be the task I do til my death? Or maybe its nothing, and only means this will be the last time I am asked. He approaches the Stables and full fills his promise to Jacob.

Then returns to the house. Nods at Leo, heading to his room he puts on a intentionally mottled set of leathers, almost camoflage in their nature. picks up his bow checking it for wear, rosining it up. Grabs a large quiver of arrows checking them for straightness.

And finally his katana sword running a strop over its edge honing its sharpness. to check it he tosses a piece of parchment into the air as it drifts down he slices with the sword . it continues its leisurely pace toward the floor when it strikes the ground it splits in two.

Flint firestorm

Leo knocked on Bruynzeels door before shouting in to him "Bruynzeel! Sita will meet up with us later, she had go somewhere. Im ready when you are!" Leo then went and sat by the door, finishing the book The Black Arrow 2 while he waited.

Shew

Bruynzeel centers himself and meditates, seeking solace and understanding in the ether. The world of Nirn fades from his mind. And while only a few moments pass, he travels back in his own history. To a time when Cyclonez ruled the clans of the Forsworn before.

Being etherial, he can move sideways in the timeline And soon he is standing on the redrock next to the hag while she gives Cyclonez his instructions for battle. He peers around, Yes this was the day Cyclonez was finally brought down last time. He lets time speed up to almost three times speed he watches the two armies form their ranks and set themselves for battle studying their actions and taking mental notes on skill and what went wrong or right for each side. And really looking for those things that went unnoticed. As he fades back to reality, he notes to himself that he was right a surgical 2 to 3 person stealth team could have ended everything before it began. and due to the numbers involved wouldn't have been considered a threat til much to late to stop them.

He pulls a aged map from the bundle of files that Esbern had sent him. And studies the land and approaches to the ancient Akaviri temple and future home of his little band. There were copious notes on the carvings and how to undo the traps and locks laid by its creators. He studies the geography very closely. There were two main paths into the area and One tricky path up the side of the opposing mountain. But it ended in a great overlook that would allow someone a clear line of sight to the entire approach. A truly skillful archer could literally rain death to all in the valley without fear of return fire.

Bruynzeel trusts the others but their youth and speed would allow them to move along while he did the overwatch taking out targets as they appeared. Just need to discuss the plan with Leo and Sita. And figure out how to take out Cyclonez and retrieve the Heart of the Alpha.

Leo's voice breaks into his thoughts and he makes a note to go and find Sita, Three archers were prefered but I suppose the Dark Knight would be handy as well, have to ask him what he feels of a little stealth mission, as he would have to be up close and personal. He picks up his prepared weapons... and goes to the front entry. notices the book Leo is reading and purrs to himself... "Would you like a first edition of both that and the other two? Oh but then you probably have not even seen the last book. Its was banned long ago. And most of them were burned."

Flint firestorm

Leo was surprised, he had always thought their were only two books. "I would love the chance to read the third book, however I simply couldn't take such a valuable item from you" as Leo spoke he suddenly remembered something "My apologies Bruynzeel, I should have told you this earlier, the dark knight and glass are both absent from the house, Sita and I both left notes for them when they get back but we are unsure of when they'll return"