From Red Dead to Skyrim, Woohoo!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Windress

Hi Guys! I'm Windress, longtime multi-genre gamer here. I'm a fan of most medieval or period themed games, whether console, PC, or Table Top. These days I stick primarily to MMORPGs, but I'm always up for a good run through Bioshock or Fallout New Vegas! I just started Skyrim the day after Christmas, and I think I've logged about twenty hours thus far (Damn Job interfering with my nerd habits). Alot of that time was spent playing with Alchemy, hehehe.

I've been surgically attached to Red Dead Redemption for the last 6 months, and I think I finally exhausted all the various missions and side quests in both the original and Zombie Apocalypse version, so this was a perfect time to leap into a fresh new RPG! And I have to agree that Skyrim does not disappoint! I'm running a pure mage at the moment, but I've just started a second game so I can join the Brotherhood. Very Excited to be here, and I'm eager to learn what you Veterans can teach me!

Ta!

Windi

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
LOl welcome to the forums. And you played the Red Dead SP but not the Multiplayer? You're missing a whole other world!

Windress

I did play Competitive Mode and Co-op mode, but I never really committed myself to the "Free Roam" play. I try to limit my online play to one or two games, primarily because I join teams/form alliances/make friends(?) and then I begin to feel obligated to show up to support these factions. My longtime MMO is City of Heroes/Villains and Guild Wars. I'm also now playing DC Universe Online. Oh God, all the money, where does it go!?

RDR was fun because I didn't have to worry about where I was in the gameplay calendar and I could just outlaw it up, be a jerk, and ride my American Standardbred! But you're right, I have a habit of revisiting my games (nostalgia?) and I'll probably end up playing RDR primarily online when I do. That'll have to wait until after I'm thoroughly bored with Skyrim!

Thanks for the Welcome!

Spladdock

Welcome to the forums i just signed up myself but im suprised you managed to drain red dead for so long haha i only spent a couple of months on that, but i have signed up for the same reason that soon i will become as experianced as the members on here and be able to help people out myself :) speak to you on posts soon no doubt :)

Stone

Retired Moderator
Hi Guys! I'm Windress, longtime multi-genre gamer here. I'm a fan of most medieval or period themed games, whether console, PC, or Table Top. These days I stick primarily to MMORPGs, but I'm always up for a good run through Bioshock or Fallout New Vegas! I just started Skyrim the day after Christmas, and I think I've logged about twenty hours thus far (Damn Job interfering with my nerd habits). Alot of that time was spent playing with Alchemy, hehehe.

I've been surgically attached to Red Dead Redemption for the last 6 months, and I think I finally exhausted all the various missions and side quests in both the original and Zombie Apocalypse version, so this was a perfect time to leap into a fresh new RPG! And I have to agree that Skyrim does not disappoint! I'm running a pure mage at the moment, but I've just started a second game so I can join the Brotherhood. Very Excited to be here, and I'm eager to learn what you Veterans can teach me!

Ta!

Windi

Hey Windress! Welcome to

xenFracture-logo.png

Great to have you here. I'm also a big fan of Fallout New Vegas, and also Fallout 3. Personally I think Fallout 3 had a better story-line but there both great games. I've had Skyrim since 10th November 2011 (Yes, day before release) and on PS3 have over 250 hours on it, and on PC just over 10 hours. Alchemy is great fun, I have a alchemy-based build on PS3 which currently has 74 alchemy and created potions up to 2000 gold! That's giants toe and wheat and 1 extra ingredient for ya'.

I loved Red Dead Redemption, but after playing MP up to level 40 and completing campaign I started to get bored and so it's sat on my shelf of games and hasn't been touched in a month or three. Mages are fun, my first character started as a mage but progressed to be a jack-of-all-trades. The dark brotherhood is by far the best storyline in my opinion, completed it twice, once on my main account and once on my khajiit vampire assassin dual blading neck cutting body-slicing account.

I'd like to count myself as a Veteran, seen as I got it day before release and have many playing hours and many different saves. I've completed all storylines and encountered many bugs and how to fix them. I also have a number of guides if you wish to view them. I'm willing to help if you need any help at all, just inbox me. Or, you can post a thread in the Skyrim Help section and the whole community will help you!

If you need forum-related help, just take a look at the Forum FAQ, which is a stickied thread in the Skyrim General Discussion section. It'll help you with everything you need. For further assistance, try contacting the forum administrator, Renegader. But that's only if its really necessary.

Anyway, I think i've written the most here than I have in any other introduction post, haha!

Welcome again and I hope you spend alot of time here, it's generally a great place to be as it's a troll-free helpful community.

Mauli

Actual Alchemist
I LOVE New Vegas but I'm loving Skyrim even more.

Mauli

Actual Alchemist
Isn't that like a replica of the alien-blaster on your avatar? haha.

Yeah :D

I was playing NW and I got my monthly email summation of gameplay from xbox. I had played NV 127 hours in one month!

Mauli

Actual Alchemist
What I wouldn't give to run across a good Plasma Rifle in Skyrim. LOL

I wish. I totally SUCK at archery. I need a good upgraded cowboy repeater.

Dragon Bourne

Long Live Paarthurnax!
Funny enough, I have no idea what a mod really is. I mean I get the concept, but have never understood the fascination or used one. On PS3 is probably why I never have though.

Windress

Hey Windress! Welcome to

xenFracture-logo.png

Is it awesome that when I read this, my brain made it sound like booming voice in an echoing cavern? Stone, what an fantastic welcome, thank you so much!! I admit, I have already perused your Guides and have found them most helpful (Free House, woohoo! Now I can stash all these ingredients!). I really looks forward to picking your experienced brain for pointers and advice!

I'm also playing on PS3, despite my typical choice being PC. The gaming laptop is getting on in years, and I love my console, so it's worked out nicely so far. I've also taken to playing DC Universe Online via my PS3 eventhough I was in the Beta on my PC.

I already see your point about Mages becoming a "Jack of all Trades." It's practically necessary, considering the reality that Magicka isn't infinite... (well, unless you have some serious enchantments and perks in place) and sometimes an Adventurer just has to defend themselves the old fashioned way!

Anyway, thank you everyone for chiming in! This really looks to be a great group of gamers, so I look forward to trading info with you all! Jersey, your signature cracked me up! And Dragon Bourne, you're right, Skyrim is blowing everything away right now! At least for me! :D

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
Welcome to the forums Windress, it's always to good to see people that play other awesome games lik Red Dead move onto bigger & better things. I too am a lover of MMORPG's & I always choose them over the FPS like the COD Series & I've played them all. I have been gaming for a very long time ( probably longer than some members have lived ..lol ) and I have played a lot of different genres but MMORPG's are at the top of my list.

I've been playing Skyrim pretty hard since 16th November, I've logged over 600 hours & I'm enjoying it more than when I first played.

Cheers,
Dave

ItsBenniBlack

Mehti Oba
welcome to the best place to skyrimize lol

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to our forums, and thanks so much for joining.

Please have a great time here and be sure to stay active. If you have any questions about the forums please don't hesitate to ask as Stone mentioned.