• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Garrison

Well I was doing just fine using only Daedric armor and weapons without any resistances or enchantments... until I met up with a Dragon Priest. Fast bugger; couldn't close to engage melee and didn't have the ranged offense to counter or the defensive to resist. Replayed it half a dozen times with the stuff I had; same result. The real annoyance was that it wasn't even a quest encounter; I stumbled onto the location and figured I'd stop for a quick mop up before continuing, lol.

So... I've now embraced the world of enchanting so that I can infuse my gear with some ass-whup and then go pay Mr.Priest a visit.

TIP: Even if you don't intend to give enchanting a go until later in the game, you'll want to at least disenchant stuff to acquire the enchantment knowledge early on. As the treasure levels with your game, let me tell you it really sucks to have to disenchant comparatively expense stuff! I can't seem to even buy the cheap stuff from the vendors; they all seem to offer only the high level merchandise.

Question for the veterans: My plan is to work the skill to 100 so that I can get the two enchantments/item perk. Once I'm there, what suggestions do you have for splitting up the enchantments? Health regen and resistances for the armor, and extra damage for the weapons?

Do you guys spread out the defensive enchantments for a more balanced effect, or do you create specialized sets and then use whatever the situation requires? I guess I'm wondering if balancing is adequate, or whether it just means that you're spread out too thin and not really effective in anything.

Also, can you use the same enchantment twice, when enchanting a single item (after the perk received at 100)?

It's great that at level 45, the game became challenging again!

SussMofo

im looking forward to seeing what people say about this, im only 66 enchanting and i have very little knowledge about it, someone who knows their plops, please share :)

SussMofo

hehe thanks, in an hour ive gone from 66 - 78 enchanting :D