Does anyone else have a fear of vampirism?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Hellknight Anna

Empress of the Inferno
I was just arguing the fact that he's saying vampires don't "live"... because they're "soulless" when in fact both accounts are false. Vampires have a "life force" and have a demon soul. Therefore they can "live forever" per the conditions I previously stated ^_^

Derp

Turtle power!
I have a fear of everyone hating/attacking me in game, not sure about the mixed history of real life vampirism due to there are so many versions.

Hellknight Anna

Empress of the Inferno
haha. That's easy Derp. just become a godlike being with 100% spell absorbtion, maxed out on armor rating, with dragonhide spell on hand and Become Ethereal shout, Bones of the Earth power, and some daedric weapons tempered and enchanted, you won't fear anything again :)

Derp

Turtle power!
I still fear dwemer ruins, all that banging and having the spiders pop out always give me creeps.

J

Jeremius

I was just arguing the fact that he's saying vampires don't "live"... because they're "soulless" when in fact both accounts are false. Vampires have a "life force" and have a demon soul. Therefore they can "live forever" per the conditions I previously stated ^_^

In the end, this does not matter, as Vampirism in TES is so watered down right now, it means little to be one outside of a form that is kind of pointless unless you are a mage.

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...

In the end, this does not matter, as Vampirism in TES is so watered down right now, it means little to be one outside of a form that is kind of pointless unless you are a mage.
If its so watered down do explain to me why I prefered Vanilla base game Vamprism over Lycanthropy? this was before Dawnguard when I was on xbox

J

Jeremius

If its so watered down do explain to me why I prefered Vanilla base game Vamprism over Lycanthropy? this was before Dawnguard when I was on xbox

I actually prefer a challenge, and that includes a full experience of Vampirism and Lycanthropy. If I have to mod my game for that, something is wrong with that aspect of the game. IF you prefer the easy mode Vampirism, go ahead and keep it.

And don't get me started on Vampire+illusion school.

tx12001

I actually prefer a challenge, and that includes a full experience of Vampirism and Lycanthropy. If I have to mod my game for that, something is wrong with that aspect of the game. IF you prefer the easy mode Vampirism, go ahead and keep it.

And don't get me started on Vampire+illusion school.
really well from what I have seen many people complian about having a sunlight weakness at all

J

Jeremius

really well from what I have seen many people complian about having a sunlight weakness at all

I'm special. I would rather have the full experience of Vampirism like in other games. Stage 2+ in Oblivion? The sun damage made being a Vampire fun to me. Never became one in Morrowind (never completed that anyways), nor played Daggerfall, but it sounds more fun than some regen problem I can easily find ways around.

tx12001

I'm special. I would rather have the full experience of Vampirism like in other games. Stage 2+ in Oblivion? The sun damage made being a Vampire fun to me. Never became one in Morrowind (never completed that anyways), nor played Daggerfall, but it sounds more fun than some regen problem I can easily find ways around.
how would you feel then if instead of removing hate they added upon it so you are hated by all unless you use a spell to conceal your vamprism however using it drains your magicka and stamina

J

Jeremius

how would you feel then if instead of removing hate they added upon it so you are hated by all unless you use a spell to conceal your vamprism however using it drains your magicka and stamina

Would make it more fun, more challenging, make me think, which is what I want from a game like this.

J

Jeremius

Just having a "demon soul" does not make them living creatures.

Hellknight Anna

Empress of the Inferno
I never said they were living creatures. I said they have a "life force". Therefore they can "live" without actually being alive... You are running out of arguments good sir :p

J

Jeremius

I never said they were living creatures. I said they have a "life force". Therefore they can "live" without actually being alive... You are running out of arguments good sir :p

I think you are confusing "existence" with "living" my friend.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage

Hellknight Anna

Empress of the Inferno

I think you are confusing "existence" with "living" my friend.

I think you're the one confused on the word :p If you live you exist... if you exist you can still live. A robot for instance if given the ability of self awareness, a conscience, and basically all the things humans have, it is a living creature... it may not be flesh and blood with a heartbeat but it is still a living creature none the less. So why should a vampire be any different? They are not a "living" creature and yet they can still live. It's all semantics and how the word is used. All of these things exist and live at the same time.

Another example... a person who is on life support, but is basically a vegetable (even though I hate using that word for people) they're technically still alive, but can you truly say they are "living"? What kind of life are they living? Their brain is basically dead but their body is still alive.

I'm not trying to be rude I'm just trying to explain how your arguments make no sense and just sound like you're <trying> so hard to justify your point when you really can't :\
But also to be honest I don't even know what your point was. I just jumped in the argument because I saw something of vampires :p I love vampires, and probably know more about them and their folklore than anyone here >.> I'm that much of a fanatic (although I still had to learn something about ES vampires awhile ago that I didn't know. Always good to learn knew things ^_^

tx12001

At least vampire lords unlike Lycanthopes actually have the decency to wear something instead of struting around in the Buff

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts