Does anyone else have a fear of vampirism?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Pete

With the companions, its about beasts and being physical. With vampires its all about human cattle and treachery. No wonder your scared ;)

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies

Why the VampireZombieDemonChimpGreyAlien Slayers Union of course... or as they are better known: The VZDCGASU.
Where's the membership office? I especially want those dern Chimps - them and their smarts and flinging around poop. I HATE THEM SO MUCH!
th

Just wander the streets holding a severed chimps head... we'll find you. Bonus points if the severed chimp head bears a frozen look of horror.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Why the VampireZombieDemonChimpGreyAlien Slayers Union of course... or as they are better known: The VZDCGASU.
Where's the membership office? I especially want those dern Chimps - them and their smarts and flinging around poop. I HATE THEM SO MUCH!
th

Just wander the streets holding a severed chimps head... we'll find you. Bonus points if the severed chimp head bears a frozen look of horror.
Can do! Now... off to the Monkey House! Sorry, I meant the Congressional Office Building... :)

J

Jeremius

Vampires, Forsworn, and bandits make a great source of gold for my nightblade/shadow spellsword's future home in Windhelm (Have the Neutral Hjerim Mod).

Twiffle

Dont mess with my chimp .. .. .. .. ..

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
Gotta agree that Stage 4 is where it`s at !

No longer attacked on sight.
Skin as white as snow(or so they tell me)
Illusion and Sneak boosts are great and Embrace of Shadows extremely handy.
Can`t say enough about being able to see in the dark !

Raido is my only player to have a vampire period of his life. I was a werewolf early as a member of the Circle, but then turned vampire during the Soul Cairn stages in Dawnguard. Remained a vampire for a while after, though eventually went back to the werewolf thing.

I think in my case some of the appearance changes were muted by some appearance mods, but I though Raido made a pretty boss looking vampire, though other than a much paler, lighter skin tone and a slightly more angular face (brow and cheekbones in particular) his appearance wasn't much different than normal.

TESV 2014-02-11 22-18-19-61.png

Torok

I make a point not to let myself be a vampire. I usually plan for werewolf.

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
Vamprism just seems to me like more of a Human thing and fir one if its the opportunity to be an all powerful vampire lord Im all in if its Thinblood baser Vampirsm hell no but I would still choose that over Lycanthropy though at least you would be immortal.

Dovahkiir

Anyone else have this issue?

Why could it be?

Nope, I don't have a problem with them other than the fact I enjoy wiping them from the face of Tamriel whenever I encounter them. That snooty court Mage in Solitude, I'm just biding my time...

"What could it be?"

Plain old phobia I guess. Everyone has them. Some people freak out so much over giant spiders they have a mod that transforms them into bears (yes really). Indiana Jones had a thing about snakes, his father, rats.

With me its draugr. They freak me out. Hate going in their tombs. Makes my skin crawl. But I grit my teeth and get on with it, havn't failed to clear out a tomb yet.

tx12001

See that elf you met on the street? guess what if you are not an elf yourself or a Vampire strong odds are they will outlive you and they are probably already more then double your age if not triple that's the benifit to being a vampire....Everlasting Life so you could keep your youth and never become old and frail and being a lot harder to kill then any Mortal

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
People seem to be confusing immortality with undeath. Two vastly different things. Vampires aren't immortal... they are the walking dead and they can be destroyed. It's like saying a zombie is immortal as long as nobody comes by and shoots him in the head.

J

Jeremius

See that elf you met on the street? guess what if you are not an elf yourself or a Vampire strong odds are they will outlive you and they are probably already more then double your age if not triple that's the benifit to being a vampire....Everlasting Life so you could keep your youth and never become old and frail and being a lot harder to kill then any Mortal

Depends, does being able to outlive the average person equal being able to out hunt a master hunter of Vampires?

tx12001

People seem to be confusing immortality with undeath. Two vastly different things. Vampires aren't immortal... they are the walking dead and they can be destroyed. It's like saying a zombie is immortal as long as nobody comes by and shoots him in the head.
Vampires are Immortal, Unlike other Undead their body does not decay thus it is not affected by time thus that makes them immortal, regular undead decay thats a BIG diffrence there is also a big difference between immortality and Invincibility, The Aedra are Immortal but they can still be killed Immortality makes you immune to Natural causes of Death not Death itself and just out of curiosity what do you see as the true vampire? the Undead body or the Demon within them?

J

Jeremius

Vampires are Immortal, Unlike other Undead their body does not decay thus it is not affected by time thus that makes them immortal, regular undead decay thats a BIG diffrence there is also a big difference between immortality and Invincibility, The Aedra are Immortal but they can still be killed Immortality makes you immune to Natural causes of Death not Death itself and just out of curiosity what do you see as the true vampire? the Undead body or the Demon within them?

Well, Vampires in almost any lore/fiction have the insatiable need for blood in order to survive. Take that away from them, they are not immortal now, are they?

tx12001

Well, Vampires in almost any lore/fiction have the insatiable need for blood in order to survive. Take that away from them, they are not immortal now, are they?
we are talking about ES vampire, Valerica was in the soul cairn for over a millennia without any blood explain that, Blood for Vampires in ES is simply either a Source of Power or an Addiction like a Drug

J

Jeremius

we are talking about ES vampire, Valerica was in the soul cairn for over a millennia without any blood explain that, Blood for Vampires in ES is simply either a Source of Power or an Addiction like a Drug

You actually gain more power being a Vampire that DOESN'T drink blood, which is not like any vampire at all. All drinking blood does is allows a vampire to pass off as a non-vampire. The Dawnguard waters it down even more. It is not useful anymore.

tx12001

The Vampirism in TES is the dumbed down kind. When it comes down to that, Humans are still more cunning than most vampires.
You can't underestimate the cunning of a centuries old being, Thing is Vampires are Highly Obsessive and Highly Intelligent they could have the wisdom of ages and they don't truly give up until they are either destroyed or succeeded in their goal.

J

Jeremius

The Vampirism in TES is the dumbed down kind. When it comes down to that, Humans are still more cunning than most vampires.
You can't underestimate the cunning of a centuries old being, Thing is Vampires are Highly Obsessive and Highly Intelligent they could have the wisdom of ages and they don't truly give up until they are either destroyed or succeeded in their goal.

Vampirism in TES is a watered down version of the real thing.

For your reading pleasure. Vampirism in this series is little more than a joke.

tx12001

IF vampirism was as evil as it is in most stories, it would not fit in to the game. it is watered down for this reason.
Actually Vampires in ES appear to be on the more Evil side of Vamprism hell Harkon tries to block out the Sun despite only being weakned from it. he claims to have sacrfaiced 1000 souls to Molag bal to become one (I doubt it) if that is true then that very bad
and then when he could have turned his wife and daughter himself he lets Molag bal rape them to Death that sounds plenty evil to me and then even if you join him and show him the utmost loyalty he decides to turn on you for no reason.