Companion-less ? CONTAINS SPOILER

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Dovahdream

Do you HAVE to join the companions ? I'm running through the game at the moment with a 100% pure mage ( no battlemage here ! ) and I'm thinking ' why the hell would she want to join the warriors guild ? ' plus I want to skip the whole ' becoming a werewolf ' thing. I'm thinking of skipping it altogether and running off to join the mage college. Do you miss out on much of the game by not joining them ?

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
Nope. You don't have to join them... You could always choose to join them on another playthrough.

I did the same with a sword/shield Redguard... didn't do the College quests.

On my Altmer Pure Mage, as soon as I got some free supplies courtesy of Gerdur in Riverwood, I set off for Winterhold to join the College. I wanted the Archmage Robes ASAP.

Not missing a thing imo the worst of the guild questlines, i started them on like 4 characters did like1 quest, but never finished, too boring

Not missing a thing imo the worst of the guild questlines, i started them on like 4 characters did like1 quest, but never finished, too boring
Not really. Just because there isn't any horrible betrayal doesn't make the questline bad. Anyway, you don't HAVE to do anything in this game. That's why it's called 'sandbox'.

XbSuper

You definitely don't have to. I personally enjoyed the companion questline, once I got past the few starting quests, which are rather boring. But you're definitely not missing anything important.

Halkin

pzzzztt
i'm kinda stuck on this one, their goal for me is to clear out a cave i recently cleared out, so cant complete right now. will have to keep checking back.

however i do want to join the companions, more quests to do :)

Dovahdream

I don't know if it's my imagination or not but after you turn into a wolf for the first time, when you come around and Aela is stood over you, you seem to be bigger on the screen ( camera following you from a closer angle ) from then on in the game ? Is it me or is it just an xbox thing, has anyone else noticed this ?

SGT_Sky

Silence, My Brother
I don't know if it's my imagination or not but after you turn into a wolf for the first time, when you come around and Aela is stood over you, you seem to be bigger on the screen ( camera following you from a closer angle ) from then on in the game ? Is it me or is it just an xbox thing, has anyone else noticed this ?

not an issue on my pc or ps3 maybe just zoom the third person camera out a little? it is possible that you zoomed it in somehow..

Dovahdream

I dont even know how to do that on xbox lol. But it seems to happen to all my characters

SGT_Sky

Silence, My Brother
I dont even know how to do that on xbox lol. But it seems to happen to all my characters
on the ps3 you hold down the right stick and then push forward or back on the left stick, i know the configuration is a little different on the xbox controller, but i would start with that. Then, if that doesn't work then I would also suggest googling because that seems like a rather annoying problem

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
Did anyone else want to join the Silver Hand? I hope in a future DLC we have a choice between the two, and an option to join the Vigil of Stendarr.

Dovahdream

I was hoping there was an option to join the vigil later in the game :sadface:

I dunno, I haven't noticed it.

i'm kinda stuck on this one, their goal for me is to clear out a cave i recently cleared out, so cant complete right now. will have to keep checking back.

however i do want to join the companions, more quests to do :)
Yeah sometimes it glitches out. I don't think you can finish the quest now.

Halkin

pzzzztt
i'm hoping not, will revist the place and see if the npc respawn, if worsts come to worst i'll have to let go with console command. not ideal seeing as though messing with quests usually makes things worse overall, but what the hell, if the chain is broken i cant make it any worse i hope

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
Dude, the Silver Hand are bandits. The Vigil automatically attack you if your wearing Daedric Armor.
Do they? I wouldn't know, I never wear Daedric Armor lol. I just wanted to have a choice. I felt duped when I joined the companions, I never wanted to be a werewolf. If I had a choice of becoming a werewolf and hunting werewolves, I would choose to hunt them. There are a few nice ones (like the Companions), but as the Silver Hand camps and Sinding show, most can't control themselves.

tigersauce

Caravan Guard
Play the game how you want, getting the full Skyrim experience is doing whatever you want. Nobody's forcing you to do anything.