Cant Log on to play!!!!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Alan

I am playing on the PC Version (Windows 7)

I know there was an update. And steam updated this for me and said ready to play.

i clicked to play and the usual menu comes up.... play, tech support, options, data...

i click on play and it looks like its going to start but it just brings back up the main menu again...

any help!

psyk0

No soul gem large enough.
Can't say this is an error I've come across, and I'm using the PC version. It might be worth having a look on the Glitches article at the UESPWiki, although I don't know how often that's updated.

You may want to try re-installing the game and re-patching; just make sure you backup the 'My Games \ Skyrim' folder in your My Documents folder, and you'll be able to keep your saved games. It's also a good idea to update your Graphics card drivers, although if you have Steam, it's probably doing that automatically too.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
You can also try going 'offline' on the steam program then restart the game. It's hard to tell where it might be hanging up. You'll get a complaint message about 'start offline' but just accept that and move on with life. I always run it this way personally. It may not solve the problem, but it could be worth a try.