Xbox 360 can followers equip gear?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

murdaface

do they just hol your stuff or is there an option to make them equip gear that you choose for them to use? and if so, what pieces can they equip? i wouldnt know because i accidentaly kill my followers.

tragik

Premium Member
your follower will equip gear you give them "if" it is better than they have.. BUT... some followers will not equip your better weapons.

What I do is give them a variety of gear that I want them to wear and see what they choose. Once they have it then they tend to leave the rest alone.. There is no way to force them to wear what you want (unless on the pc, i am on xbox).

murdaface

ah ok. so you basically can tell by looking at them or can you see in a menu the particular item that they chose?

tragik

Premium Member
yes on both accounts.. they will carry the arrow on any equipment you give them like your inventory (when you are in the menu to exchange gear). or you can look at them. now how i can tell if they like my weapons i gave them is by pulling my bow out, they will do the same.. or pulling out my dagger and see what they bring out.. knife/mace/sword etc.. same goes with shields..