• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Shorter102

The dodgy Nord that likes to spin on the spot.
Hey,
I have recently completed the main quest and both the companions and the college of Winterhold quests. Problem is, with both the barbarian and juggernaut perks maxed out and with full ebony armor, PLUS Wuuthrad enchanted with absorb health, things stop being fun, especially fighting enemies; the only problem during fights is stamina, as I break through any block using power attacks. :sadface: I really enjoyed skyrim but since I got to level 30 things started going VERY boring. When I say I'd rather die than go to prison, EVEN in the barracks of whiterun, I kill all of the guards by just standing there and pumping PA's. Dragons aren't a problem either. Neither are Dragon priests or those mages. Where is the problem?
I'm new by the way, Hi.

W'rkncacnter

Mister Freeze
Turn up the difficulty.

Or do as I do and start a new character.

Wetigos

Exactly what difficulty are you playing at?
Doesnt sound like Legendary atleast, give that a try.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Definately turn up the difficulty. I bet, as a newbie you're on the default of Adept. Once you're at higher levels it can get pretty easy.

Besides, there are more difficult enemies to deal with. Have you tried Harkon, Miraak or Alduin yet? There's even a giant that's no cakewalk.

Wildroses

I found my gameplay improved markedly once I stopped using enchanted items of my own making. They make things far too easy. I'd consider limiting your smithing and how many potions you drink as well. One out of the three is fine, but two or three and you become one bored player.

Consider some roleplay limits as well. I found doing things like eating, sleeping and providing food and/or gold for dependants changed my gameplay a great deal.

Shorter102

The dodgy Nord that likes to spin on the spot.
I am actually playing on expert, turned it up not so long ago. Anyhow, yes I fought alduin (obviously, I finished the main quest) I do not yet have any DLC's money doesn't grow on trees for me :sadface: I used roleplay ever since I started. But the usual quest of the type "kill the rats in my basement" isn't something I consider 'roleplay' But yeah Wetigos, Legendary does change the experience

W'rkncacnter

Mister Freeze
You could also avoid crafting altogether. No alchemy, no enchanting and no smithing. It makes found items more valuable and exciting rather than just something else to sell.

You can limit yourself to a certain level of weapons (I've done a "steel-only" play through).

You can avoid using relic/daedric artifacts. It's pretty easy to come up with RP reasons for this.

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
Are you on PC or one of the consoles? If console, crank up the difficulty and if you still seem to overpower enemies, avoid enchantments that boost offensive stats as much. Also pick equipment that you like possibly over the equipment that has the best stats.

If you are a PC player, then there are tons of mods to make later levels more challenging.

If I had to guess though, if you were just on expert level, going up to legend level should do a good bit to fix your issue.

Oh, and welcome to the madness

B_T_33

I don't have legendary atm. How big of a difference is it from expert?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?

B_T_33

I need to get legendary then. However expert is still fun and challenging.

B_T_33

Yea I'm excited I'm to start it tomorrow. And I'm only lol 12 so I'll have majority of my play time as legendary.

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
Start over. Complete Dragon Rising. Ignore the main quest and all other main storylines for the next 60'ish levels or so. I like to gather Stones of Barenwhatever and do the Return to Roots quest and clear out Blackreach to help kill time and make levels and do a little grinding in between, maybe become Thane in a few towns or whatever meaningless quest, Book of Love is a good one to get out of the way, Lost to the Ages is another, until about lv70 and then I jack up the difficulty to legendary and start pursuing the main questlines and DLC's. I try and keep as much of the map unexplored as I can in the meantime. Karthspire at lv80 on legendary gets pretty intense and the DLC's are way better at high level imo.

CaptMorgan72

Crank up the difficulty level to legendary and play dead is dead playstyle. If your character dies they die, delete them from your hard drive. You will find that you play with more caution and every little situation can be your demise if you are reckless. I had a level 63 mage who was getting ready to face Miraak after learning many dragon shouts and defeating Alduin. I was attacked by three Night Lord Vampires and wasn't to worried. I engaged them and killed two when a revered dragon joined the fight and grabbed me in its jaws before I could swallow a potion and shook me before throwing me to my death. I was overconfident and it cost me the life of my level 63 mage. Dead is dead gets the heart pounding.

B_T_33

That's awesome! I always start off with that kind of intention. But usually my first death is something stupid.

CaptMorgan72

That's awesome! I always start off with that kind of intention. But usually my first death is something stupid.

I had a buddy also playing dead is dead, fall asleep while playing and his level 54 character fell off the side of the cliff. Death is like that sometimes. You never know what will take you out.

B_T_33

I'm wondering if the toon I want to build would be capable of that in the beginning.

CaptMorgan72

Vampires and werewolves have different rules in my dead is dead play style. Vampires can only be killed by decapitation or fire. Werewolves can only be killed by silver weapons or fire. In their mortal forms they can die by any means like all mortals. The Silver Hand are the only people that know how to kill werewolves and make them stay dead, since they are the only ones who use silver weapons. Once their gone, the only way you can die as a werewolf is with fire.

B_T_33

That is some legendary stuff. It's brilliant though, very hard core.

I think I'm going to restart my character tonight. Pretty much same build as last. But before I rushed into stormcloaks and main quest at only lvl 12. Gonna save it for higher level. Playing stock skyrim til tomorrow or so.