• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
As you may or may not know, Borderlands 2 is set for release on September 18th of this year. Is anybody out there pre-ordering it? I'm really heavily thinking about it. Give me a shoutout! Convince me to pre-order this, what surely will be an immensely awesome game! Also, if you are on PS3, let's talk about playing together someday? ;)

bord_03.png

300px-Zer0_IGN.jpg

Monolith

The Progeny of Vikings
It definitely piqued my interest! ;) Then again, I haven't yet played the first one, so I should probably do that before numero dos comes out.

It definitely piqued my interest! ;) Then again, I haven't yet played the first one, so I should probably do that before numero dos comes out.
I just recently bought the first one! I'm in love :eek:

Necromis

Is it just a shooter, or does it have some thought and plot to it like Skyrim?

Is it just a shooter, or does it have some thought and plot to it like Skyrim?
It's a shooter RPG. The story isn't nearly as in depth as Skyrim, but I still dig it :p

Necromis

ah, I used to love, I know this is way before your time, the Dino Crisis series. It was fun, and had a decent plot, too.

FantailedAtuo03

Dragon Slayer
I loved the first Borderlands, Maxed out all the characters and I have pre-ordered the second one. Just the thought of new weapons, creatures, and abilities with characters will be fun. I cant wait to do live with it! :D

FantailedAtuo03

Dragon Slayer
Also you may wanna know the first one had a lot of bugs/glitches, makes it tough being one of the "clean" players. Before you play it as you said, you haven't played the first one, I recommend playing the first one to get familiar with controls, basic, etc, and would make the 2nd one funner as you know a good bit about the game. In my opinion its like movies and books. You cant just skip the first one and go to the second one for either of them. Have to play one to like and know the other one(s). Hope this is a helpful addition. :)

I've been working on playing through the first game. I think I'm about half way through my first time in the main story. I bought the GoY Edition so I have all the DLC too :D

FantailedAtuo03

Dragon Slayer
There are 2 playthroughs. the second one is higher levels but same quests over again.

Tom

Article Writer
the first one was fun with a mate to play along with, lots of weapons as well, it is a big part of the game to find a better gun! it got very repetitive after a while and i lost interest.

Shinohiko

I might get it the 2nd one, but I haven't finish the first one yet. Or I will opt for option two like Skyrim, wait a bit and grab it when on sale.

blade30p

I own B1, plus the GOTY edition, I'll be pre-ordering B2 this coming weekend, along with Forza horizon

Sent from My Omega powered beast, using Xparent ICS

Orange_

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa! Watch the magic!
I loved the first Borderlands, I even got so paranoid about my 360 save getting corrupted I routinely backed it up on a thumb drive (you're limited to 1 save slot per character, at least on the 360, so if the save gets corrupted you're screwed and could lose hundreds of hours)....only game I've ever bothered to do that with. I'm looking forward to Borderlands 2, but I bought the original Borderlands when it was first released and there were a lot of things they had to patch later and online was kind of a mess, so I'll probably wait until it drops to about $40, gets a patch or 4, and the online community more or less settles down a little bit. Though if modded equipment finds it's way into Borderlands 2 multiplayer I will be severely disappointed.

For those that haven't played the original: there's not much of a story. It's better to think of it as a first person dungeon crawler with guns. Haha what part of that sentence is there not to love though? Story doesn't always equal depth. There's a ton of depth through character builds and combat strategies hidden underneath a shallow story. And what's there is often times intentionally shallow and/or funny. It doesn't take itself seriously in the story-telling department so neither should you.

Unfortunately, modded equipment being rampant in the online game makes playing online with anyone you don't know and trust an exercise in frustration, but playing single player shouldn't be anything new to Skyrim folk. And if you really want, the borderlands gearbox forums are still somewhat active and you can usually find a trustworthy playing partner.

Phenomenal TJ

The One And Only
The first one was just insanely fun. Can't wait for the second.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts