• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Is there a way to not display the images in sigs? I have no personal objection to much of anything but I do have a 10 year old who likes to sit with me while I'm looking at posts and some of the sigs are a little over the top. I'm not asking for anyone to be censored. I just want the option not to see the sig images. Potentially the avatars, too, I suppose. But it's the sigs that are gigantic and flashy.

NikolaTesla

Admiral Sunna Kyndai
sorry...........I have a feeling you mean mine..................

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Yours is one of them, yes. Like I said, I'm not personally offended. Nor am I asking for any kind of censorship on anyone else's behalf. But I am a Mom before anything else and I'd like the option to turn these kinds of images off when my kiddo is around.

That aside, my dear kiddo is actually playing Oblivion at the moment. I have the pleasure of watching her discover all the things she can get into in the game. I think she's picked up everything that isn't nailed down and thrown it in a house. She has a horse named Nag and she's making a gazillion potions. And she thinks being a humanoid cat is quite possibly the coolest thing known to mankind.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
LOL just curious, what is that in your sig? haha

anyways, yeah. some signatures are a little over the top. I mean, some of them are just too big and it's annoying when I have to scroll more through the thread =/ I never really used the feature but I made one this time just for fun. I tried to keep mine to minimal level but it's still relatively chunky

NikolaTesla

Admiral Sunna Kyndai
I hardly noticed yours, but mine is pretty big. it's Dakota Fanning from some movie flipping you off. It is awesome! No offense intended.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
I'm not offended either. It's just that the gif-loop of her flipping off is captivating for some reason. I mean, just look at her face while she's doing that. That's pretty awesome. I'm easily amused.

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member
Is there a way to not display the images in sigs? I have no personal objection to much of anything but I do have a 10 year old who likes to sit with me while I'm looking at posts and some of the sigs are a little over the top. I'm not asking for anyone to be censored. I just want the option not to see the sig images. Potentially the avatars, too, I suppose. But it's the sigs that are gigantic and flashy.

http://skyrimforum.com/account/preferences

---> uncheck Show people's signatures with their messages

The control panel will have almost everything you need. :)

Nikola, please change your sig. >.>

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for your reply. Don't know why I didn't see that one. Probably because I was focused on the not emailing bit. :p

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
While it would be nice to have the possibility of manually disabling only certain signatures (I’ve seen this mechanic in other forums) the ability to turn them off entirely suffices in my opinion. After all, they don’t serve any vital role unlike, for instance, avatars.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts