• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
    Thaek was a bit surprised at the number of people outside the door. The old man was calm, just smoking, and the man in the mask seemed tired, and extremely surprised to see him. The women were a bit jumpier, "Just like women always are," he thought. The blonde drew her daggers, an action that amused Thaek immensely, as if she could stand toe to toe with him. The other woman looked about to explode in a rage however. She put a dagger against his cheek and said, " I congratulate you on getting into the sanctuary but if this happens again I won't hesitate to snap your neck. And that's a promise," glaring right at him as she said it.

Thaek wanted nothing more than to let his own rage take over and simply snap this arrogant woman in half, and probably would have had she not opened her mouth again. She spoke to the old man and the masked one before addressing the group, "First we will wait for the rest of our guests to make an appearance and then you can collect your first contracts. A few of you will need to stay home then. It needs some care after so long."

"She's the one in charge then," the realization angering Thaek a bit more. He forced himself to calm down a bit, it would be bad to kill the one who invited him, and he supposed it was most people's natural reaction to be angry when you walk out their front door without their knowledge of you being there. "I however will be freeing one of our guests to come from prison so I'll be gone, but in the meantime you need to get some contracts though. They've been stacking up after so long." That caught Thaek's attention, and caused a rare reaction from him as she shut the door, he spoke.

"I'll stay behind if someone must, your armory and training room need the touch of a smith, and I do like your torture chamber quite alot," he leaned back against the door and added, "My name is Thaek, you won't see me or hear me if I don't want you to." He winked at the angry woman and added, "This occurrence WILL happen again, it's what I do, as I'm sure you already knew."

After speaking more in a moment than he had in the last two years, he decided it was time to just lean back and let everyone react. The angry woman would be angry, the blonde would hopefully relax. The old man would continue to smoke. The masked man was, well masked. He didnt have a reaction to judge. Oh how he loved this game: The intimidating Orc that had appeared as if from nowhere.

Idly fingering the necklace of souls around his neck, touching each black gem as he spun the necklace, he watched the old man's smoke float into the air.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    Delsin was living a short mundane life. He performed menial tasks and got paid bad money only to drink up all his money, life sucked. But not long after he got comfortable he received a letter. Someone simply walked by and placed it next to him as he was drinking, he didn't even have time to see them. In fact if he hadn't heard a strange noise from another member in the bar he wouldn't have noticed it.

He opened it up and immediately knew who it was from, he got up and rushed out the bar looking for the deliverer, but they were gone. He stood outside the bar, and looked down to read the letter.

"Delsin, I know what happened, your sanctuary in Cheydenhall was destroyed. But there is hope, on the outskirts of Dawnstar there is a black door. The dark brotherhood will return. If that's not enough, Abbie is alive."

Above that what the black hand, symbol of the dark brotherhood. 'Abbie is alive...' he thought. "The dark brotherhood is alive..." He whispered. His face slightly lighting up. He folded the letter and placed it in his pocket. Walking further into the cold weather, he would go immediately.

It didn't take long to arrive from Morthal to Dawnstar, but it was a painful trip. Delsin had moved there as it was very far from Cyrodiil, heart of the empire and where he was being hunted. When he arrived in Dawnstar, he stayed a short time before heading to the black door, it wasn't hard to find if you knew the brotherhood. That's what Delsin told himself, but it may have been the small diagram that gave it away. Delsin knew he wouldn't be able to get in, but he knew for safety reasons they couldn't give away the secret phrase on paper.

As he approached he saw an older looking woman sitting on a rock, and a few people further up ahead. "Where is Abbie?" He asked immediately, "Is she safe?" But he didn't leave it at that. "A woman, probably you, left me a note. In case you think I'm not suppose to be here. My name is Delsin, you may know that already. You already know what happened, and I'll do everything I can to ensure this sanctuary survives." Delsin almost said 'Hail Sithis' at the end but it felt corny, so he left it out.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
    How many more people are going to arrive? Shadow thought to herself. Any more and we are going to attract attention with this crowd. She just wanted to go into the Sanctuary. After the Orc had appeared the older woman had threateden him, he had threatened her back and the ancient man had wandered up. He now sat there smoking on a pipe. Shadow had relaxed enough to sheath one of her daggers and had pulled out her sharpening stone and was passing the other dagger over it. She always kept the Girls exquisitely sharp.

Now another man had strode up, demanding to know about a woman called Abbie.

"Where is Abbie? Is she safe?" Before the woman could answer him he went on. "A woman, probably you, left me a note. In case you think I'm not suppose to be here. My name is Delsin, you may know that already. You already know what happened, and I'll do everything I can to ensure this sanctuary survives." So this one and Abbie are already members of the Brotherhood, and what did he mean by that last statement? What happened to their fraction? This was not something Shadow wanted to hear, just as she was about to commit her life to the Brotherhood. She sheathed her dagger impatiently and looked at the older woman.

"Whats going on here?" she demanded.

Lifts-Her-Tail

Sheydna looked at Thaek and nodded her head, she knew he was arrogant and she smiled quite happily at his arrogance and pigheadedness as he was acting like how she was, and he seemed like a promising addition to the family. She then saw a man coming towards her and the others and within an instant of seeing his face she knew is was Daryl the one Abbie had been talking about.

As soon as Daryl began to talk is where Abbie was, but he continued talking and she began to develop the feeling that something else was going on between Daryl and Abbie, something more... intense. She grimaced at the thought of the two as she had known Abbie for a very long time since she was very young and she couldn't imagine her attached to someone.

Then the woman Shadow sheathed her dagger and demanded what was going on. Sheydna took a long winded deep breath and looked at the others not wanting to believe the news she had heard from Abbie herself. " Abbie is fine she is in the sanctuary resting. I think she may want you for some sexual attention Daryl," Sheydna giggled as she said this, wanting to burst out with laughter, but she thought she may upset Daryl.

Sheydna then began to go onto what had supposedly happened to the other sanctuary in Cyrodil. "I have been informed from Abbie, the ex leader of the Cyrodil Sanctuary that the sanctuary was gone and destroyed by the imperials. So far i do not know exactly what had happened, but we can maybe find out from Daryl or Abbie," she had difficulty talking about the sanctuary being destroyed especially by the ass-hole imperials who she deeply despised. "If you are all ready we can go inside even though Thaek here had already ventured through," she said this giving Thaek a quick glare.

Writes-Many-Posts

Champion of Grottos and Gremlins
    " Abbie is fine she is in the sanctuary resting. I think she may want you for some sexual attention Daryl," Merweiss, despite careless about looking at other people's faces, was able to recognize the old Sheydna that once shared that very Sanctuary with him. "Already with the sexual jokes?" He sighed, in a low tone.

The clouds of smoke kept flying for a while, separated by short periods of thin breathing of the cold air, with the sound of a dagger or two being sheathed behind him. The news from the imperial province did wake him up a notch. Finally the Emperror had developped cojones to destroy the Brotherhood that plagued his province. No, Merweiss wasn't happy, but he admired the courage it took to do such. If the plan failed, the Emperror would surely have lost his life.
    "If you are all ready we can go inside even though Thaek here had already ventured through," And finally he was fully dragged back to reality. "I've been ready. For thirty something years..."

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
    So the Cyrodil Sanctuary has been destroyed? What does this mean for us? Shadow wondered. The news disturbed her but did not deter her from wanting to be a part of this group, even though the tension between some of them seemed to be thicker than mammoth cheese. The Orc had clearly rubbed the woman up the wrong way, and there was something going on between the new guy Delsin and Abbie which also annoyed her.

Shadow sighed. She hated conflict and unrest, which was unusual for one in her line of work. Even between a group of murderous criminals, surely we can get along? The old man next to her blew out a puff of smoke and muttered under his breath. Shadow could not agree more. She was almost done. She looked around at her new "family". So far, she did not trust any of them. An arrogant Orc, the angry old woman, the silent wolf man, and the old smoke stack. Not to mention the highly strung Delsin and the unknown Abbie she had yet to meet, clearly incompetent if she had let her Sanctuary fall to the Imperials. I need a drink...or two.

"If you are all ready we can go inside even though Thaek here had already ventured through," Another glare was cast at the Orc. Finally, Shadow sighed as the old man muttered beside her again..

"I've been ready. For thirty something years..." She looked at the wrinkled old goat as he sat there, eyes downcast, not looking at anyone. Just how old is he? She stood and waiting for everyone to enter the Sanctuary.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    Delsin smiled as the older woman made a sexual joke, and kept to himself that even if she was joking the woman had been right. "If you are all ready we can go inside even though Thaek here had already ventured through." "Finally." Thought Delsin. He had only just arrived, but finally he was feeling something inside of him he hadn't felt in weeks. Excitement, happiness, hope. His beloved Abbie was alive, and it seemed as though their family was growing despite still being quite small. He smiled brightly as he walked in, a broken man becoming whole again.

He walked through, being first in, his whole body feeling that much lighter. The constant ache in his body from having the weight of the world on his shoulders seems to have slid right off, and then he saw her. She walked towards him, he was in what appeared to be the main room. She started jogging up to him and hugged him, pushing all her weight into him which made him go back half a step. They hugged for a few moments, tears swelling in her eyes.

"I'm so glad you're alive." She said, barely above a whisper. He said nothing, and just hugged her tighter. There were still dozens dead but for now he had her, and that's all that matters. He had someone who lost what he lost, and have now gained what he has gained. And it's someone he loves. She began to lead him by the hand to a master bed, which he doubted was hers, and proceeded to do what Sheydna had been joking about.

It had been a long time 'coming,' and their brief time alone was spent well.

When they were done, they lay together in probably-Sheydna's-bed. Delsin and Abbie would be back into the life of killing in no time, and they had a new family to get to know.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
    As they all trooped down the stairs Shadow noticed Delsin stride off. Looking for Abbie no doubt. Shadow herself broke away from the group when they all filed out onto the main top floor, only half listening to what the others were saying. A little fenced-off corner with a few shards of sunlight filtering down in it had caught her eye.

Shadow squatted down, the leather of her catsuit creaking. Before her was the sad remains of a once prosperous little garden. She took off a glove and picked at the dirt, holding up a withered root to her nose. She would know that pungent smell anywhere. It was a Deathbell plant. So a little poisoners nook? Wonder if she will let me fix it up? One of the only domestic things Shadow liked doing, gardening. But growing toxic plants of course. She dropped the plant and put her glove back on. Standing, she silently rejoined the group. She wondered if everyone else was going to introduce themselves then and there, including their excitable host.

Writes-Many-Posts

Finally, Sheydna allowed them all to cross the thick Black Door that hadn't found a chatting partner in ages. Merweiss felt the time going backwards once the large Sanctuary found population once again. The warmth that place brought him was enough for him to be able to cover the burning pipe's mouth until the flames were out, and put it back in his pocket. That Delsin fellow didn't waste time to go to a bedroom with an unknown lass, probably the Abbie Sheydna had spoken of earlier. He wasn't willing to socialize, but he knew time had come to evaluate the other people and finally know who he would be living with during his un-retirement. This time, his moons would finally be landing on everyone's face, including the young woman that had been exploring the poisoner's nook, now to him known as the kindergarten, thanks to her age compared to his. She looked innocent, too innocent to be among the Brotherhood. Merweiss approached the icy room of the hideout while everyone got used to their new home, to find a troll, gnawing a tough piece of meat, ripping it from a bone trapped between its three large fingers. "You're not Lis or Udefrykte, but I'm sure you can do their job as well..." It looked tamed, since, unlike many others, it didn't groan and jump on his sight, nor did it show hostility towards Merweiss. Opposingly, the frosty beast ignored the old man standing at the entrance of its kingdom, merely chewing the bone's flesh remains, keeping one of its three green eyes on Merweiss just in case.

Being the kindergarten and beast's lair inspected, the old man proceeded then towards the torture room. He had never been fond of such things, unless it meant punishment or a search for information that was guaranteed to be known by the victim. Other than that, it sounded abominative and perhaps a little unnecessary, since their job was to kill people, not kidnapping them. Merweiss had only tortured one person in his life, and it was a dunmer female, member of the Morag Tong. After a few kicks and small cuts, he was about to break her fingers, but remembered the loss of his right ear, and how it pained him. With the excuse of handing her dead body to the troll given to Sheydna, Merweiss allowed the girl out of the Sanctuary, asking her not to make him regret that choice. He would later find her starting a new life in Ivarstead. Ever since, he removed himself from the torture chamber and isolated from the desperate screams of the enemies of the Brotherhood.

On the ground, tools for ripping off teeth, nails or even nipples were scattered around the floor, as well as hammers, scissors, sculpture nails and some oil to rub on their eyes. Merweiss picked them up and tucked them all back in the bag of tools, attached to a bloody table thanks to many thick spider webs. Once it was cleaned up, he walked back to the group and prepared to make his first approach towards them.

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Thaek brought up the rear of the group as they all walked, limped, or practically ran through the doors and into the sanctuary. Deciding to hang back a moment, he watched the blonde woman inspect the old garden he'd barely noted earlier, watched the old man as he talked to the troll and wandered towards the torture room. The wolf masked man seemed a bit lost, and the angry woman, his new leader he supposed, had disappeared somewhere. The young man, Delsin, had run off rather quickly with a female, this..........Abbie.

Deciding he wasn't going to disappear yet, he went off in search of a bed. Finding one large enough in one of the further off rooms, he picked it up and carried it into the torture chamber. He was going to make this place HIS, and damn anyone who said or thought other wise. He would have to work on it later though, for now his bed would do. He strolled back into the training room. Looking around and taking inventory of the dulled swords and daggers, an old axe here and there, bows with broken strings and arrows snapped in various places, he couldn't help but think of all the ways to fix it all. Sighing more quietly than any orc should be able to, he walked back towards the group, standing in their awkward silence.

Looking around at those actually present, he saw others like him. Outcasts. The old man who had been waiting for this day who knows how long. The quick blonde and her twin daggers, and whatever past had brought her here. The wolf-masked man she seemed to know, and his air of mystery. The mask bothered Thaek, but he understood it and it spoke volumes of the man. Finally, the woman who brought them all here. The angry woman with the quick temper. The last of an old family, searching for other outcasts, survivors of a dying breed, to start a new one. Few places in all of Tamriel could truly be home for an orc, and none of those could be home for Thaek, but here.............

Here could be home, and this could be his family. A long shot, but one possibly worth taking. He had already introduced himself, but someone had to say something, "Like I said before, I am Thaek. I'm the quietest ghost of a shadow you will ever meet, I'd swear on it. But unlike the rest of you, I don't make killing an art. The approach, the subtlety, the disappearance, this is my art. When it comes to killing I just crush whatever needs to be killed. I am still an orc after all," he said, letting a little disgust creep into his voice at that last bit. Shaking it off, he continued, "I don't suppose any of you is any kind of smith, or enchanter for that matter. If you are, beyond keeping your own weapons in shape, I'd appreciate the help in putting this place back in shape. If not, I can do it just fine myself. Our tools need reforging and this place needs rebuilding. If we are to be the brotherhood of old, we will need the tools and armor of old along with our new blood."

Looking at the angry woman, he added, "I trust you will lead us well in our glorious lives of death." He hated talking, his voice was too loud, but still, he had gotten his point across. Hopefully the others would feel as he did. The brotherhood had once been a family worth joining. It would be again.

Lifts-Her-Tail

Sheydna followed after the others into sanctuary and closed the door sharply behind them. She looked around at the old tattered place which was in desperate need of refurbishment. Thinking of the sanctuary and it's look she began to delve into her memories of how the once glorious sanctuary used to look in the days where the brotherhood was in its prime.

They all entered the inner sanctuary where everyone then dispersed and began to venture round the ancient sanctuary on their own. She decided to go to the secret entrance which had barely used and simply looked at the door. How simple it had been for someone to get in. Is this all the brotherhood is? A group that can't even defend it's own home.

She then heard a voice at the back of her head it sounded like it could be the Dread Father himself. She didn't know in all honesty. But it whispered to her in a malice tone "child, you must bring the brotherhood back to its former glory, but you must not trust all those that seem to be on your side...". She took those last words very seriously. Don't trust all that seem to be on your side. That did the voice mean? She quickly began to get worried about who she had invited into the malevolent family.

They all began to arrive back to the inner sanctuary and Thaek began to talk and she quickly became interested in what he was saying. He seemed like a leader. Like her. He was shadowy character and she would be sure to watch him with a close eye. And she then nodded to his comment directed at her. Then she began to speak making her voice as loud and clear as she could making sure everyone could hear her. " Brothers and sisters in blood. Collect your contracts. They are placed on the table to my right" she pointed to a large table next to her will many papers laid out each with a different contract.

" To make this more interesting I want you to pick out a paper at random and if you don't like what you see you may swap it. But you may only swap it once, and once you hAve put the original contract down you may not pick it up again," she said this with a smirk on her face. She loved to make things into games, it made it more fun. She grinned and then said in a small hush " Choose your contracts ..."

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
    The group dispersed so Shadow decided to explore a little more. She followed Thaek down a hallway to the left and found bedrooms. She chose one that appeared to be somewhat cosy and dumped her things on the bed. She found a chest and discovered the key resting inside it. The chest still locked so she put the couple of personal items she always had with her inside it, locked it and pocketed the key. A large wardrobe sat open and Shadow envisioned all her clothes hanging inside. She took out the one dress she had brought with her and hung it up, along with her travellers cloak, smiling. The room defiantly needed a few touches, but it was hers and it was the most she had in a long time. A noise caught her attention and she saw Thaek dragging a bed past her door. Shadow followed him and he dumped the bed in the torture room. So he is to live with his victims?

The rest of the group gathered back in the main hall and Shadow was surprised when the Orc spoke at length. After Thaek’s speech Shadow looked at him with a new interest. She had dabbled in smithing and enchanting and would speak to him about it later.

Then the older woman, who still had not introduced herself, pointed out a table were their new contracts lay. Straight to work. I like it, Shadow smiled to herself. She wandered over to the table and perused the contracts without touching them. One caught her eye and she picked it up. As she read, her anger built up inside her, this was her kind of victim, and it happened to be close to the abandoned shack. Perfect. But first... She wandered over to the older woman and held out a gloved hand.

“I would like to formally introduce myself” she said “My name is Shadow and I thank you for inviting me to your Sanctuary. I would like to re-stock the garden if I may, and if there are any supplies you wish for me to obtain while I am out then please ask.”

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    ((OOC: I can't do colour, on my mobile sorry. Also when I say sister I mean a sister through the brotherhood, not blood.))

Delsin got up from the bed and stood there, looking at the wall as he got dressed. "Are you okay?" he heard Abbie ask. He turned to face her. "Of course I'm okay, happy in fact." He said, his emotions ringing true in his voice. "Oh, well that's good. We should go and meet our new family members."

"I love meeting new people." He said, lying completely.

"Oh you're full of it."

The pair made their way out to main room, then followed the voices. They heard the end of what Sheydna had to say then listened to what the rest had to say. After the woman who called herself Shadow spoke, Delsin stepped forward and spoke out. "Shadow, huh?" He said, approaching her. "Your parents name you that?" He asked as he walked to her side. "If we're going to be a family, I'd like to know your real name." What Delsin had just said could have sounded very hostile, but he said it in such a light hearted and friendly way that interpreting it like this would be ridiculous. "I mean c'mon blondie, you're gonna have to prove to me you're a shadow before I call you that."

Delsin recalled upon memories of new-blood joining his old guild, and how they would either be who they say or die trying to impress the higher ups. He also recalls upon when he joined the guild, and behind his eyes he feels tears close to coming through. Happiness.

She reminded him a lot of Natasha, and when he first met her. Introducing with a name she herself likely claimed for herself, and offering help. The way she speaks, stands, he can't help but treat her the same. His way of coping with losses was replacing people, although he never truly did. He merely joined two people together, and so he introduced himself to Shadow the way he did to his dead sister Natasha.

Pulling a charismatic smile and holding his arms out, he asks her a question. "Can I have a hug, sister?"

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
    Shadow was a little taken aback when Delsin strode up and spoke to her before the woman could return her greeting. She frowned slightly at the interruption as Shadow was always polite and reserved in her dealings with new people.

"Shadow, huh?" He said, approaching her. "Your parents name you that? If we're going to be a family, I'd like to know your real name." He paused as Shadow bristled inside at the mention of her family. "I mean c'mon blondie, you're gonna have to prove to me you're a shadow before I call you that." Shadow raised an eyebrow and studied the man, a gesture she had perfected over the years. Her piercing blue eyes blinked slowly as she carefully chose her words, a trait uncommon in one so young. Blondie?
    "Can I have a hug, sister?" he said to her then, pulling a smile she would bet all her wardrobe on that he practiced, and holding his arms out. Shadow took a step back, not knowing whether he was serious or not. It was time for her to respond and she did it as calmly as possible.

“My name, is Shadow. Shadow Blade if you must know. I do not go by my birth name nor will you ever know it. I earned the name Shadow by my former ‘Family’” she said that word harshly “And the respect that it deserves when they branded a pushblade onto my back.” She glanced over to the masked wolf man, hoping he heard that piece of information. If he was who she thought he was, then he would know exactly what she meant. She turned back to Delsin, cocking her head to the side, her words flowing like honey “And as for hugging” she said a little friendlier “well.... there will be a time for hugging later Little One.” If he was going to give her a nickname, she would return the favour “When we know each other better. If your woman allows it....Brother.” She then flashed a brilliant smile, so as not to appear totally up tight.

Writes-Many-Posts

Unfortunately, really unfortunately, time had come to meet the new members, although some seemed known by Sheydna already. It sounded like anonymous alcoholics when they spoke, introducing themselves, saying what they could do... Bah, nothing seemingly worth Merweiss's time. The lass, ironically calling herself Shadow, unsurprisingly asked if she could tend the garden. Finally he was paying attention to all the people he would be splitting the Sanctuary with, and, in honesty, they looked very annoying. The orc looked like a leader, but an orc assassin was something Merweiss had failed to see in his long years of life. And what is a Merweiss without complaining? He gained closure to Thaek and spoke free minded. "I have no doubt you have the skill to lead and the courage to make those speeches... But mistake no assassin for a thug, orc... Managing your weapon isn't enough..." He understood Sheydna would have chosen him for a good reason, but the old man had made a tradition of complaining about everyone around him at first, making friendships later. Possibly it was all due to his father never thinking of him as skilled or useful. The memory still made Merweiss bitter... Well, bitter-er.

He didn't want to chat with anybody, so he didn't stick around with Thaek. Instead, he moved to that fellow with the mask, not showing much of an impressed look. "Isn't the troll back there supposed to be our pet?" Like the orc, Sheydna surely had her reasons to invite this man/thing to the Sanctuary, but Merweiss's excuse was always the same: tradition of being grumpy.

Then he approached the Shadow, being nicknamed blondie by Delsin. His moons gazed upon both of them, while he tried to think of something to say. About her innocent look, he was quick to think of something. "I didn't know Sheydna recruited assassins in candy stores nowadays..." About him, well, his actions in bed before introducing himself had already spoken for him. "And you, well, at least like all assassins should, you're quick, right?" He said while turning to the girl he obviously bedded, who probably Sheydna called Abbie or Aggie, something similar to that his left ear caught.

Since he had already begun the socialization, he could as well introduce himself. "Me? I am Merweiss, the ear-less grumpy single grand-uncle that complains about everything. And I might as well take care of the troll, to avoid what happened with Udefrykte a few years ago. For pratical purposes, I will make a tent in its cavern, it's been to long since I've slept in anything else than a bed."

Once his speech was completed, Merweiss grabbed a contract and opened it a lot quicker than usual. "Blergh, Windhelm! I hate the climate there! The snow mixed with the vapors of their swamps destroys my bones... I wanna swap!"

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Thaek had moved over to the table after the old man had come over to knock him down a peg. Picking up a contract, he read it and frowned. Something pulled at him, tempting him to trade with Merweiss. He wouldn't though, he couldn't. He was too damn proud to trade a contract because of a small amount of sentimentality that he didn't need or want.

With the conflict annoying him he decided to put on a show. "The old man wants to question his skill? I'll demonstrate something that all of them lack." Leaving the contract face up on the table, he hid his hand behind him and cast an invisibility spell. The spell itself was hidden, it made no noise, casted no light. Then Thaek was gone.

Being completely invisible, he headed to the back of the sanctuary. His dramatic little show of power complete, he was going to slip out the back and be on his way, just get this contract over with and get back, maybe forge a set of blades for everyone when he got back. Maybe just pick a fight with the troll.

The contract's image was still burned into his mind, it's words just forcing more anger:
    This contract is for the life ofMoth gro-Bagol, the personal smith to the Jarl of Markarth. He grew up in a stronghold and has the training of other Orcs, consider him to be dangerous.​
    He thought on the kill to come as he trudged through the snow........​

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
    It seemed a day for interruptions as the old man finally spoke out. To insult everyone, non the less, but at least Shadow had gotten one useful piece of information. Their leaders name was Sheydna. Shadow watched in amusement as the old man systematically shot down every single one of them. wait... we have a troll? I'll have to go look at him..Then turned to her, looking her up and down.

"I didn't know Sheydna recruited assassins in candy stores nowadays..." Shadow smiled at the insult, this was what she wanted to appear like anyway, so it was a good observation on the old mans part. He finished with his insults and introduced himself as Merweiss then tottered over to the table that was previously occupied by the Orc where did he go?, picked up a contract and began complaining loudly about it. Despite herself, Shadow was beginning to like the old man.

"What's the matter Wheeze? Can't pull your contract off?" she smiled sweetly at him. "Then again, you are getting on a little, maybe you should stay behind and be our housemaid?"

Wolfbane

Why change the past when you can own this day?
    "To make this more interesting I want you to pick out a paper at random and if you don't like what you see you may swap it. But you may only swap it once, and once you have put the original contract down you may not pick it up again," she said this with a evil smirk on her face. Menro was used to her games, and it made the boring process fun like the first time. She grinned and then said in a small hush "Choose your contracts ..."

As everybody introduced themselves, he kept back and observed his new family. Behind the mask Menro kept to himself, kept quiet, and would only open up to the people that knew him, or earned his respect. The new Orcish brother made a speech and stated that he knew how to forge. Good that we have a smith. I could sharpen my skills up as well as my sword.

“And the respect that it deserves when they branded a pushblade onto my back" The blonde woman said the last part loud. That part was the only thing that didn't fade out. Finally, he had the information he was looking for. The mention of the branding made him roll his shoulder forward due to remembering his brand. The woman was who he thought she was, and gave him a strange feel of relief.

"Isn't the troll back there supposed to be our pet?" The old man threw a typical angry elderly insult that he expected to come out of a walking corpse. "I didn't see a necromancer walking about. So the sight of a breathing corpse is a odd one" He said in obvious annoyance. Even through his mask the tone of his voice could be made out. He made his way to the blonde woman, and to receive his contract after the walking windbag began to introduce himself.

"Me? I am Merweiss, the ear-less grumpy single grand-uncle that complains about everything. And I might as well take care of the troll, to avoid what happened with Udefrykte a few years ago. For practical purposes, I will make a tent in its cavern, it's been too long since I've slept in anything else than a bed." He ripped open the contract with unexpected eagerness.

"Blergh, Windhelm! I hate the climate there! The snow mixed with the vapors of their swamps destroys my bones... I wanna swap!"

"What's the matter Wheeze? Can't pull your contract off?" she smiled sweetly at him. "Then again, you are getting on a little, maybe you should stay behind and be our housemaid?"

"Maybe visit to the hall of the dead?" He gave a simple chuckle and motioned to his now friend, Shadow. He needed to establish a bond of trust and respect with her. She deserved and has earned both. "It's been a while, Shadow." His voiced trailed to a spot behind her as he waited for her to join him.

Colonelscout312

The Descendant of Tiber Septim.
    Kalzor Sat in his dreary cage. How long, he wondered, how long until he would be free. He was given his lunch, soup, no spoon. He was to dangerous with a spoon.
    "Brother, please let me out!" He said, as if he were a child begging to be released from time out. His brother walked up to the cell.
    "Stop begging, it won't help." Kalzor said nothing, but waited for Kalder to get close enough to strangle. Kalzor's hands flew like a contact striking, grabbing Kalder's neck and pulling him in, locking him in a head lock.
    "Let me out, or I snap your neck." He said. The guards ran up and pried Kalzor off of Kalder. Kalder went to speak with the authorities. When Kalder returned with a grim face, he knew what was coming.
    "I'm going to be executed, aren't I?" He asked.
    "Yes." Kalder replied bluntly. "In two days."
    "Well, at least you'll be rid of me." Kalzor said, and sat down, ending the conversation.

Writes-Many-Posts

Merweiss's bony fingers had already curled around another paper when the dog-man retalliated. "I didn't see a necromancer walking about. So the sight of a breathing corpse is a odd one" After a 'oh-no-he-didn't' in his mind, Merweiss struck back. "Humph! Neither did I, but I saw a hunter, you should warn the rest of the pack and..." The lollipop gal lollipopped out of nowhere before he could finish his sentence, having him targeted as well with her own set of insulting words, this time about his skill. "What's the matter Wheeze? Can't pull your contract off?" Her words had poison, like a true assassin's, yet her smile was still that of a candy child, as he predicted. "Wheeze?! Why you..." "Then again, you are getting on a little, maybe you should stay behind and be our housemaid?" Merweiss angrily humphed again, blowing off some steam in the process. "I could... But if I pick up a broom I might scare our dog here, away. Plus, I wouldn't want to wheeze smoke into your baked creme treats, you candy..." The masked lad interrupted again, for the last time, giving Merweiss a break to do a bidding speech afterwards. "Maybe visit to the hall of the dead?" Another short breath, thanks to the over indulgence in the pipe, and Merweiss launched himself. "Only if it is to mourn you kids for your over-confidence, and how it lead you to death on the first contract! You know what?! I'm sick o' you! I will do the Windhelm killing of the-" The old man checked the old paper again to know who he was to kill. Crap! Despite feeling untrained to deal with such a threat during his first time, Merweiss maintained his angered tone, seeming as unaffected by the target as possible. "-orcish barbarian who has been assaulting people at the inn and not paying his drinks!" The old man walked out of the Sanctuary and heading towards the docks, not giving time for any other youngster to engage in an insult brawl with him, muttering incomprehensible grumpy insults. "Maid... wolf... troll..." Despite seeming very angry until he gained some distance, suddenly, a smile blossomed in his lips. "Heh... I like the spark of those kids..."