100% Destruction Reduction and Mage Armor Perk

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

dysrhythmic

What is the best cloth set to enchant 100% Destruction reduction. I'm unable to find unhooded robes to wear with head gear. I would like to make the most out of the Mage Armor perk since I've already invested in it. A nice looking set would be preferable.

Blackst0rm

I had to use console command to get a Black Mage Hood. Black robes and boots can be bought in Solitude. I had to download a mod to change the color of the brown gloves to black. There you go, a full black Mage set.

brandon

on my mage i had him wearing fine clothes for a long ass time. they look good and can be found fairly easily so you dont have to waste gold buying them. and if you look hard enough youll find a set of robes in some of the forts and houses you come across. theyre not always enchanted just start looking through all the wardrobes and dressers.

Doomy

I used the arch mage robes and other self enchanted gear. If you want robes to enchant yourself, then you might need to to either the imperial db quest lines, both have enchantable cloths as loot

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
Dual perk enchanting question... can you add an enchantment to something that's already enchanted? Or do you have to enchant both perks at the same time? I'm at around 80 Enchantment atm, just curious.

Couthful

Tamriel Adventurer
You must do both enchants at the same time for double enchantments, this is also where you rename the item.

The best looking cloth gloves and boots are Thalmor, they are grey/black but unique with some details. For your headpiece you'll want a circlet or an unenchanted hood. Body armor is the widest selection so since you're custom enchanting you can do this one purely on looks, keep in mind some hooded robes won't allow you to wear a headpiece. I would get a pre-enchanted robe from the College of Winterhold to boost whatever school you use or get the Archmage Robes.

Fourshakes

I'd rather be working on my bowling average.
Mages don't need no armor :p (but it looks purdy). When I level up the character I started again, I'm making glass and dragon scale armor. then i'll start another character, and another, and another. Oy!

You can't enchant or re-enchant gear that's already enchanted - kinda stinks.

Professor Skalvar

General of the Euphoric Gentleman's Club
Personally, I chose to enchant a Circlet, Emperor's Robe, Necklace, and a Ring so that I can cast Alteration and Conjuration spells for free since I took the double enchanting perk. It's really sweet when you can use Dragonhide and summon two Dremora Lords. To dysrhythmic, you can buy Circlets and/or Hoods in The Radiant Raiment, which is located in Solitude. As far as finding them goes, they appear randomly in chests, bodies, urns, etc.

I have been playing this game for AWHILE, but I would just like to know the easiest way to level up your destruction magic.

Milenko lvl 90 high elf - Master warrior, Master thief, Adept Mage

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
Where can you find a circlet or hood?
you can find them as loot and in chests a decent bit, also many jewelry merchants and ones that sell spells and magic stuff have them too quite often

JoeReese

If you go to Froki's Shack http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120112110215/elderscrolls/images/c/c0/Froki's_Shack_(Map).jpg

and look on the wood-cutting stump just downhill from the door of the shack, the Diadem of the Savant should be sitting there, or nearby. It reduces the cost of casting all schools of magic, and it respawns there after 30 days.

Otherwise, as others mentioned, the clothier in Solitude (can't remember their names, but the rude elf sisters) sell almost anything. Black robes and blue robes, found in loot, are hoodless. Someone mentioned black gloves...if you have the Dawnguard DLC installed, vampire gloves are a black version of the standard glove.

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass

If you go to Froki's Shack http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120112110215/elderscrolls/images/c/c0/Froki's_Shack_(Map).jpg

and look on the wood-cutting stump just downhill from the door of the shack, the Diadem of the Savant should be sitting there, or nearby. It reduces the cost of casting all schools of magic, and it respawns there after 30 days.

Otherwise, as others mentioned, the clothier in Solitude (can't remember their names, but the rude elf sisters) sell almost anything. Black robes and blue robes, found in loot, are hoodless. Someone mentioned black gloves...if you have the Dawnguard DLC installed, vampire gloves are a black version of the standard glove.
Radiant Raiments - Endarie & Taarie
(had to look up the second name)

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I like the Nightcaller Temple Vaermina devotees robes, but have done this on just a regular set of clothing (usually the slutty bar-maids outfits from Morthal or Falkreath) and had fun with it too.

BTW - how do you get 100% reduction? The best I can do is 62% so have to do multiple items.

JoeReese

I usually am able to enchant 25% or more, by the time I reach lvl 100, so it's a matter of helmet, necklace, ring, armor @ 25% each. How to get 100% on one item, without using a glitch? I have no idea.

Daelon DuLac

I usually am able to enchant 25% or more, by the time I reach lvl 100, so it's a matter of helmet, necklace, ring, armor @ 25% each. How to get 100% on one item, without using a glitch? I have no idea.
Well sure! If you do it that way. I always end up with 62% + 62% + 62% + 100% regen (286% minimum - sometimes more depending on whether I'm using a falmer helmet as well) and easily -100 or more destruction cost by level 30 (but then I grind enchanting always on my mages). I agree, no exploits.

JoeReese

Wait, are you using the Destruction & Magicka Regen from disenchanting robes, or the straight destruction enchantment? The combo gives you a considerably lower percentage.

Daelon DuLac

Wait, are you using the Destruction & Magicka Regen from disenchanting robes, or the straight destruction enchantment? The combo gives you a considerably lower percentage.
The straight regen from robes and the straight destruction reduction (usually from armors actually). I try not to use the combo, although I will occassionally use both a straight regen AND a combo or the straight reduction AND a combo, depending on my mood.

I have never been able to achieve either a 100 reduction or a 100 regen on a single item though.

Frankly, I don't have the patience to wait to find something like that to disenchant and am under the impression that it is a set amount depending on your skill regardless of what you disenchant. Am I wrong?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts