18+ The Call of Cthulhu OOC

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

mast3rlinkx

I'm working on it. I just need to make the finishing touches on the history and I'll be finished. I'm using a character I just recently created based on my fursona, so I haven't gotten the in-depth history that my older characters have.

A quick sample would be greatly appreciated, but if this is your first, I suppose I could make an exception. If you want to hammer one out, I'd greatly appreciated it as it would let me get a better feel for your writing style.

As for the mental prying, that turns out to be a bit complicated. It involves Cthulhu, one of the weaker Outer Gods, forcing his will into your mind, ripping potentially years of memory from you if he so feels like it, but such a thing is rarely done. Most of the time he will be forcing his way in and attempting to coerce you into working to allow him and the other Outer Gods to cross over. However, most of the psychic contact will be us brushing against Cthulhu's consciousness in our sleep, causing weaker-willed characters to have horrible nightmares.

There will also be one other character, a plot-essential NPC of sorts, that we will be working very closely with. Both of these characters will have sheets, though, so don't feel like I'm making the mystery of the character both IC and OOC.

Oh, and Beth is accepted. Let me know what color you want to use for dialogue.

mast3rlinkx

Here's the first. I'll get the other one up soon.

Name: Briseen-Ra (Black Marsh name); Fire-in-his-Hands (Cyrodiilic name)

Race: Argonian

Allegiance: Studied with the college of Winterhold, but currently serves as Champion of Hermaeus Mora.

Alignment: Chaotic neutral

Appearance: Briseen-Ra is tall and bulky, with fiery red scales, an unusual coloration for Argonians, who usually have more earthy colors such as brown and green. Like most male Argonians, he has six horns on his jaw. Unlike them, he lacks horns on his chin. He also has two very large horns growing from the back of his head. Finally, Briseen-Ra has deep green eyes with vertically slitted pupils.

Weapons: He carries a single ebony sword.

Armour: He wears a set of blackened leather armor, minus the helmet.

Personality: Briseen-Ra loves his research, and this often takes precedent over his physical needs. It's not just his research that does this, though. Anything he finds a particularly strong interest in can do this, but it almost always is his research, especially his research into the Daedra. However, with this high intellect also comes a hint of arrogance and self-righteousness, which tends to get him on people's bad sides. In spite of all this, though, he's a mild-mannered Argonian who's very polite, even in situations most would consider such manners unnecessary.

Background: Briseen-Ra was born in Black Marsh in a small swamp village. His father was killed during a hunting accident, leaving his mother to care for him. Times were tough, and gold was scarce. Eventually, the two were forced to gather what few supplied they had and head for a place with more resources. This found them traveling to Skyrim, native land of the now-endangered Snow Elves and the current home of the Nords. When he was about eight, he left home to begin studies at the College of Winterhold, and proved to have an unusually strong affinity for flame magic. For the next couple of decades he studied here, pouring over ancient tomes and training mercilessly under a self-enforced regime. However, at the age of 26, he found he had no more to learn that the College could offer. Briseen-Ra left the College and decided to go into independent research and excavation.

He took a particular interest in the ways of the Daedric cults, but had no intention of participation. With the permission of the cultists themselves, he spectated for several rituals, with no intention of reporting such fascinating groups to the Daedra hunters, the Vigilants of Stendarr. However, he soon found his research had gone a bit too far. He encountered Hermaeus Mora, whom he remembered is the Daedric Prince of Knowledge and Fate. Herma-Mora offered forbidden knowledge at a small cost, but neglected to be specific with the knowledge in question or the price. Briseen-Ra, desperate for more knowledge, accepted the bargain, and got a horrifying glimpse of the future. Creatures appearing to be no more than fleshy masses, similar in appearance to Hermaeus Mora, forcing their way through a crack in the sky, then he saw not just Tamriel, but all of Nirn burning, with corpses piling by the thousands all over Nirn. What this vision meant, Briseen-Ra didn't know. But it could not have been good.

Any previous experience with the occult?: He studies Daedric cults and was caught in a deal with Hermaeus Mora, Daedric Prince of Knowledge and Fate.

mast3rlinkx

This is what you need to know about the NPC from the beginning.

Name: None, but he is known as the White Man.

Race: Unknown, appears to be some kind of human race.

Allegiance: Claims to wish to stop a great evil from reaching Nirn.

Alignment: Chaotic good

Appearance: He's very tall and thin, with pasty white skin that, somehow, seems to never sunburn. He has deep blue eyes, and is completely bald. His features are gaunt, his nose pointed, and his eyes sharp. He's usually seen wearing a strange outfit consisting of a dark purple coat of some kind of some sort of smooth material, a strange elongated piece of black cloth underneath, a white shirt of some kind of thin material underneath, and pants of a thin material of the same color as his coat. His shoes appear to be very shiny leather, with a very hard black substance underneath. (OOC: He's wearing a modern suit and tie, guys. Think business attire)

Weapons: None

Armour: None

Personality: The White Man is a very mysterious individual. When asked about his past, he shrugs it off, but, somehow, manages to make it seem as though he was actually answering the question. He's also very arrogant, yet he has an air of being a very important individual. While he claims to be working for the greater good, he seems to have some sort of aura that causes people to get a bad feeling in their gut.

Background: The White Man doesn't reveal much about his history, but makes it clear that he is not of this realm and time. He claims that he caught wind of a great evil coming to Nirn, and that he was the only one that could stop it. However, he needs the help of brave adventurers to do so.

Any previous experience with the occult?: He claims ultimate knowledge of all Daedra, as well as knowledge of occult entities much worse than Daedra.

EpicVakarian

Calibration-Master General
    So this NPC is going to be the one to start the adventure as such? Like the White Man goes around recruiting our characters?

mast3rlinkx

That's what I'm most likely doing. There is, of course, a lot more to this character than this sheet gives. This is just what the characters will know, and if I were to include everything, that would ruin the plot twist I have in mind.

Also, if we haven't gotten anymore people by tomorrow, I'll start it up and say the other two characters get recruited later on.

Osiris

Child of the Sky

Attachments

• 2013-07-08_00001.jpg
      2013-07-08_00001.jpg
      391.7 KB · Views: 10

Osiris

Child of the Sky
    aw thank you, Beth is purty good lookin too :D:D

Osiris

Child of the Sky
    I'll be getting into my game and sharing what Briseen looks like soon.
    Awesome, its always fun to see what other people's characters look like :D

EpicVakarian

Calibration-Master General
    I agree, its not very often people get to see other people's characters in games like Skyrim. Its always nice to see what other people have come up with :)

Osiris

Child of the Sky

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts