• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

What's your favorite city?

• Whiterun

Votes: 29 31.5%
  • Winterhold

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Riften

Votes: 11 12.0%
  • Solitude

Votes: 20 21.7%
  • Windhelm

Votes: 10 10.9%
  • Markarth

Votes: 18 19.6%
  • Dawnstar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Total voters

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Solitude, I like to go stealing shopping from the East Empire Company's Warehouse.

I'm not overly a huge fan of Windhelm, lorewise I was, until I saw it. Place just looks like a dump now, falling apart and in disrepair. (Know they explain it in game why it is that way.) But just lost interest for me, more a crumbling ruin.

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
I remember the first time I found solitude I could not find the entrance I was lost at the dock, I also remember that I finished the main quest long before I knew of markarth's existance

Snake-Brother282

The Saxhleel Slayer
Solitude, I like to go stealing shopping from the East Empire Company's Warehouse.

I'm not overly a huge fan of Windhelm, lorewise I was, until I saw it. Place just looks like a dump now, falling apart and in disrepair. (Know they explain it in game why it is that way.) But just lost interest for me, more a crumbling ruin.

I have to agree, there's just more to do in Solitude! Windhelm somehow manages to feel like the exact opposite to me, but even though I hate spending time there I can't help but appreciate how well it was crafted. every aspect of that city from the people to the architecture is depressing

Snake Tortoise

Here's For Your Trouble
It's a boring answer, but Whiterun. It has a pleasant feel many of the other cities lack. It isn't snowing, isn't claustrophobic, isn't too dark, has the first house I ever bought, a smelter, three blacksmiths to sell to, and best of all it's centrally located so is an easy place to return to after adventuring for a few days.

My favourite minor settlement is probably Ivarstead. It seems like a chill place to be

Markarth is the most interesting city with the Dwemer architecture, Forsworn thing, remoteness, mountainous surroundings, Cydna mine etc., but in my first game I ran into that BS with the guards who can't arrest you, so had to kill all of them on sight until I cleared the place later with the Stormcloaks. Very frustrating and made the city off limits for a long time

I remember the first time I found solitude I could not find the entrance I was lost at the dock, I also remember that I finished the main quest long before I knew of markarth's existance

In my second game I managed to never visit Markarth. I didn't bother with the main quest and started again when I'd become practically invincible, but getting to level 46 without setting foot in one of the main cities was a bit weird