Would a big muscular, axe wielding Nord make a good Vampire to you?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

T1d3

Article Writer
well the title explains it all, I am a big axe wielding Nord who wears light armor. but I just can't see a Nord as a vampire, so that is why I am coming to you guys for help. so what do you think?

osheao

as well, i think you would be one of the very few people to actually roleplay a nord vamp.

i can't remember hearing/reading about one, ever, that i can recall.

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
Of course a typical nord could be a vampire. Though I don't think they'd be a typical vampire. I've always imagined a nord vampire would be out in the wilderness, living in the shadows of his frozen land, and wrestling bears and wolves with his bare hands only to feast on their carcasses.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think a nord vampire would be the hoity-toity type of guy who lives in a big castle, wears fancy clothes, and what have you.

Then again, wasn't Harkon a nord?

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
I have two Nord vampires. One a big giant warrior and the other a nercomage. I have no problem at all.

SaveVsBedWet

I think in general it will depend on your own view of what a vampire should be, won't it?

The current conceptualized vampire I would say is not served very well by heavyset warrior type. The vampire has become more of a romantic, frail, and flawed being with every new adaptation, from Bram Stoker's Dracula to Anne Rice and LeStat to the Anita Blake series and the like up until Twilight and True Blood. I think you'd probably be better off under those circumstances with some sort of Elf or a Breton. More easily converted to fit in with "a bunch of *** *** hopping around in rented formal wear and talking in cheesy Eurotrash accents". To quote Jack Crow (funniest line in the movie).

As per usual, 8 dudes out of 10 matching the dude you describe are going to be Lycan. But that's also pretty easy, obvious, and boring. So again, like most on here appear to be saying, there really is no "right" or "wrong" vampire. It's about how close you want to stay to what prototype.

Tara

Well, I don't see how it'd be beneficial game-play wise, but if you really want to roleplay as one, then I don't see the problem. :3

Thallik the Orc

Blacksmith
according to lore, vampires are usually very scrawny, weak individuals, the exact opposite of muscular, axe-wielding nords...

Aeidir

Archmage and Arch Curate
Why not? You could also use the opportunity to start leveling up your magic skills, if you're not opposed to it. Arnbjorn, from the DBH, is a muscular, axe wielding Nord, and yet he is also an assassin. Hardly a typical one, but effective none the less.

T1d3

Article Writer
thanks guys, just to kind of state what people have been saying, I view vampires as sophisticated older beings who when the need arises are some of the most powerful hunters the world has ever known. And not that a Nord can't be sophisticated it is just hard to imagine one being a vampire. but like someone said Harkon and Serana are Nords. I'll let you guys know what I decide, but thanks for the input.

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
Vampires in Skyrim are feeding on and recruiting from the provinces predominantly nord population. Chances are better than not that if you encounter a vampire in Skyrim, it's a nord. Lord Harkon and his family are nords, so are most of his court.

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
thanks guys, just to kind of state what people have been saying, I view vampires as sophisticated older beings who when the need arises are some of the most powerful hunters the world has ever known. And not that a Nord can't be sophisticated it is just hard to imagine one being a vampire. but like someone said Harkon and Serana are Nords. I'll let you guys know what I decide, but thanks for the input.
Bah, anyone can be sophisticated after 900 years. Hell, just look at Yoda! :p

Let us know, though, I'm curious what you end up doing and for what reasons.

T1d3

Article Writer
Bah, anyone can be sophisticated after 900 years. Hell, just look at Yoda! :p

Let us know, though, I'm curious what you end up doing and for what reasons.

"sophisticated I am" haha yea I know what you mean, and I will definitely let you know

T1d3

Article Writer
Ok everyone who is interested, I have chosen. I decided to not be a Nord but instead be a wood elf. here is why. The wood elf to me in-bodies what a creature of stealth, like a vampire is. A wood elf is small, but quick and nimble, he is thrives on taking out his victims quietly in the darkness with a bow. and unlike a dark elf who would be naturally more suited for actual vampire role play. A wood elf is smaller and lives the life of a hunter

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
Ok everyone who is interested, I have chosen. I decided to not be a Nord but instead be a wood elf. here is why. The wood elf to me in-bodies what a creature of stealth, like a vampire is. A wood elf is small, but quick and nimble, he is thrives on taking out his victims quietly in the darkness with a bow. and unlike a dark elf who would be naturally more suited for actual vampire role play. A wood elf is smaller and lives the life of a hunter
Ah, interesting choice. I never mentioned this earlier because we were talking about nords, but I've always felt a breton would make a perfect vampire. They're more magically inclined, but can still lay down the steel when asked of them. Vampires used to be magical beings and still are in Skyrim, at least.

Overall, I think you made a good choice for the right reasons. It should be fun!

BEHR

Of course a typical nord could be a vampire. Though I don't think they'd be a typical vampire. I've always imagined a nord vampire would be out in the wilderness, living in the shadows of his frozen land, and wrestling bears and wolves with his bare hands only to feast on their carcasses.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think a nord vampire would be the hoity-toity type of guy who lives in a big castle, wears fancy clothes, and what have you.

Then again, wasn't Harkon a nord?

He looks more like cyrodil

Jaeger

according to lore, vampires are usually very scrawny, weak individuals, the exact opposite of muscular, axe-wielding nords...

They were weak milk-drinkers, got picked on by the burly warrior class. One too many wet willies and titty twisters they went to live in a cave and got set upon by famished nerdy vampires.