Private [WoS RP] *~. The Will of Sithis .~*

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

fleeon

Dark Elf Night Brother, Protector of Nocturnal
    Fleeon awoke feeling a bit hazy...a feeling he had not experienced since his days as an innocent schoolboy. The days flashed by in front of him rapidly...The teacher had called the students back into the schoolhouse, he and one more boy remained behind, the boy sucker punched fleeon so hard he gasped for air, but was on the ground begging for mercy as a headlock was executed on him...
    As he tried to get up he felt pain on the sides of his body...bruises.
    "Ugh"
    He looked around and noticed that he was in a tent that was neither small nor big. Just right. As he looked to the end of the tent, a figure sat in a wooden chair. As soon as he had looked at the helm of the mysterious figure, a deep, commanding voice shook him. Suddenly, more flashbacks of the previous night came to him... the rude woman, the sneaking, the kill, the shouts...
    Fleeon knew not who the figure was, but laughed at the question.

"It was good enough. Where the hell am I?"

Reiji

Dark Mage of Clan Thu'um
    (I'm leaving my character in your hands guys. I'm going to sleep.)

AstroSteve

Dovahking
    [Inside Drazkers Whiterun Dark Brotherhood sanctuary]

Silently, a black figure falls from the ceiling, breaking the fall with a roll, pushes up and comes to a halt standing but a foot to the side of Hardix. She turns to the shadowed figure with natural surprise, but maintains her posture in case this was a test. He steps out of the shadows and as the light passes over him she sees his face for the first time.

"Hello, Bosmer. I saw your killing from the corner up there..." he hints at the ceiling, to a corner covered in thick webs "Count Astros, and you are?"
    "Hardix, the new member of your family" She says, greeting his gaze.
    "Mmm. You can consider me furniture around here, or any of the other sanctuaries. I've been in the assassination business for a long time. Drazker only employs the best, and I am the best."
    "Oh, I may be new here but I think you'll find I am without peer when it comes to knife work" She calmly replies.
    Count Astros grins.
    With that, he disappears and Hardix is thrown across the room as if hit by a dragons wing beat. She positions herself for the impact, so that she hits the wall unharmed and lurches into the shadows. Both are hidden, and there is a seconds deathly silence...
    Both figures launch across the room at precicely the same time, thier daggers collide mid-air with a shower of sparks and continue on thier path across the room to swap corners. Count Astros drops onto the floor, behind the chair where Hardixs' victim still lay. Hardix, with all the streamlines posture that a wood elf naturaly possesses and more, flies into Count Astros, pinning him to the floor and drives her blade into his kneck.
    Or at least that was supposed to happen.
    As she flies down towards him, he disappears and she barrels into the chair, knocking it and herself across the floor. Count Astros appears at the other side of the room with a smug grin across his thin, almost vampiric, face.
    "Grandmaster of Illusion" He calls to her.
    Hardix disappears and reappears beside him.
    "So am I" She replies.
    Count Astros inspects her for a moment before conceding "Well fought. An ordinary fool would have been dead in seconds... but clearly you could be a very useful addition to the family" He notes the bow starpped firmly to her back "and you're an archer too! I just happen to be a Grandmaster at archery, so if you ever need..."
    "Oh, training won't be neccessary Astros" She cuts in "I'm also a Grandmaster"
    "Excellent, perhaps we could complete a contract together at some point... perhaps even your contract tomorrow?" He suggests.
    "Maybe, but won't my first contract be easy enough for me to complete by myself?"
    "Oh, most things would be by the looks of you." He laughs, shortly "But I'll tell him of your exceptional prowess and he might agree to give us a harder contract. One that would require two assassins."
    "Sounds like fun" she considers the prospect "But you'll have to be just as stealthy and quick as I am. I can't stand companions who ruin my style by charging in with foolish battleaxes."
    Count Astros smiles
    "Nor can I" and, before the words died on his lips, he was gone.

Gorthal

[So, seeing as my College of Winterhold thread will just be a history for Gorthal, I'll come here after the aforementioned Orc's corruption by the Morokei mask which he obtained. I'm sure you guys won't mind if he's the Archmage and has Mastered destruction but is still only expert level in Alteration and Conjuration. So if you want to know the full details keep tuned in to my thread.]

Location Unknown

Gorthal awoke to an offensive pounding in his head. Finding himself strapped to a chair and blindfolded, the Archmage fumbled around, trying to regain his bearings. Though confused, Gorthal quickly made sense of his situation and came to a heart-stopping conclusion.

The previous night he had slain an innocent human being. A pilgrim to be exact, journeying to the Shrine of Azura. He remembered the feeling of anger as the hapless fool pointed to the Staff of Magnus and spewed a torrent of admiration for its power. Nobody ever praised his power or even acknowledged it. They were always talking the damn staff. A staff that he became famous for and yet, he couldn't even keep the blasted thing charged for he was poor despite the many artifacts recovered during his adventures. With relish, he remembered the power running through his body as he released the fatal spell, blowing the pilgrim along with all vegetation in a five foot radius around him to Oblivion. He had laughed after that, but it wasn't his laugh. No it was too deep, too ancient, too powerful even for him. It reminded him of the dank tunnels and the terrible floating form of... Morokei

Coming back to his present situation, Gorthal waited patiently for the Dark Brotherhood assassin to come and address him. Soon, he would join their family and have money and money meant soul gems which meant a recharged Staff of Magnus which meant power. This conclusion unsettled Gorthal though, he wanted to advance his own power and not have to rely on the staff and so, he mulled over solutions as he waited for his soon-to-be family to claim him.

Drazker

Son of Sithis
    Tent mid-way up the seven-thousand steps

Fleeon awoke feeling a bit hazy...a feeling he had not experienced since his days as an innocent schoolboy. The days flashed by in front of him rapidly...The teacher had called the students back into the schoolhouse, he and one more boy remained behind, the boy sucker punched fleeon so hard he gasped for air, but was on the ground begging for mercy as a headlock was executed on him...
    As he tried to get up he felt pain on the sides of his body...bruises.
    "Ugh"
    He looked around and noticed that he was in a tent that was neither small nor big. Just right. As he looked to the end of the tent, a figure sat in a wooden chair. As soon as he had looked at the helm of the mysterious figure, a deep, commanding voice shook him. Suddenly, more flashbacks of the previous night came to him... the rude woman, the sneaking, the kill, the shouts...
    Fleeon knew not who the figure was, but laughed at the question.

"It was good enough. Where the hell am I?"

Drazker's ethereal, booming voice returns in a hearty chuckle but stops abruptly before snapping, "get up and meet me outside."

After saying this, the gigantic suit of armor rises and pushes open the flaps of the tent, stepping out into the freezing cold wind.

---

Outside the Whiterun Sanctuary

Finally, after a long journey, Razaar and Michael made it to the Sanctuary. Upon approaching, the Black Door's eerie, screeching, ethereal voice addressed them.

"What is the meaning of life?"

Razaar happily spoke the password, "death, my brother."

"Welcome," it spoke as the door heavy locking system clanked and the door opened alone.

Razaar led Michael in and as they entered, the black door shut behind them, locking once more. As the argonian stepped into the main chamber, he called out, "Astros! Damn it, Astros, where are you?"

Pointing Michael to the south-east door, the Argonian instructed how he was to try on his new outfit and get some rest. Razaar then set off to find the blasted illusionist vampire, heading south to Count Astros' favorite part of the Sanctuary, the library and laboratory.

hardix

Linkin Park Fan
    After her short, yet extremely tiring, sparring with count Astros, Hardix felt the need for some rest. She had never come across someone as quick, or stealthy, as her. She decided that, for once, she liked him. never before had she liked someone. Talking and travelling was one thing, but, more often than not, she ended up stealing from her companions. She hoped this would not happen here.

She dreamed of a huge woman, in dark armour, with shadows coming off and killing anything they touched. Several small demons scuttled behind her, and 2 of them dropped dead. Excellent work, Hardix. This was the whisperer, she thought. 'Boethiah.' Hardix walked forward, and knelt. She had felt the power of this woman just from her whisper earlier. 'Aye, I am Boethiah.' Boethiah walked forward, and unsheathed a shortsword that was hanging at her side. As Hardix watched, it shrunk into a small dagger, with shadows lingering around the blade, and a constantly flowing wave of shadows was moving in the dagger. 'This shall be your new weapon, and it shall be your only weapon. Your bow will now only be used for large fights. All assassinations must be completed using this. It will absorb the power of the victims body, and youshall grow stronger the more you kill'

Hardix awoke, with the dagger laying upon her chest. She gripped it tightly in her hand, and grinned.

I think there should be a limit, of possibly 14ish?? after that, it will become far too confusing.

AstroSteve

Dovahking
    Count Astros sat alone on a small drifting slab of ice, floating across the near-frozen wastes of the sea of ghosts, still in silent contemplation. Something recent had compelled him to find a place where he could just sit down and let the peace of the world encircle him. On all his travels he had only met one he truly confide in before. As an assassin, a private life is hard to live - your life is your business, just killing. His fellow Nightingale, Karliah, was the one he thought he could share his life with but her eternal vows to the service of Nocturnal meant she could never devote her love for a mortal, only her patron Lord. Count Astros had never known sorrow, but this must have been the closest he ever came…

He felt a lump in his pocket, and fished out the totem of his unrequited affection. The amulet of Mara he had bought just for Karliah.

But maybe his affection for the world hadn’t be completely shred. There was a still a seed of love, an unwavering ember of hope buried like an unexploded mine in his twisted subconscious. It burned there, deep in the caverns of his mind and until now he didn’t know what do with it… an then Hardix came. She was a pretty Bosmer, short in comparison and with fine skin like battle worn Dwemer metal. She was an assassin, too, she would understand him… or could more than any other.

In fiery woe he cast the useless trinket into the sea, not making note of where it hit the water. As it sank his heart rose, ever so slightly. If he was ever to find mutual affection he would not be using the amulet intended for another. The cold sea air brushed through his hair and he placed a firm hand against the ice drift. He stood and with mysterious confidence, walked off the edge into the freezing depths. As he passed into the water his lower half began to disappear and once completely submerged he was gone completely.

Static

There was a salt sting as Elthrir awoke and opened his eyes. Slamming them shut once more, he turned to his other senses. He was cold, oddly so, and his head rang. A thin chord dug neatly into his ankles and his feet couldn't feel the ground, but no other tether suspended him. Magic, perhaps? There was a noise just ahead of him, muffled and somehow wide sounding. Maybe he'd been hit in the head? That would explain the headache and muffled hearing, but not the cold and the odd feeling of levitation.

'It's far worse than you think, Elthrir' growled a voice from the same location as the noise he had just heard, and with equal distortion. 'Open your eyes, the pain will only last a few moments'.

Elthrir obeyed, and slowly lifted the lids of his eyes. The stranger knew who he was, although as the figure came into focus through the gloom of their location, Elthrir could not say the same for him. The captive dark elf looked around as his eyes adjusted to cope with the pain. The room, or cavern, they were in was expansive - the walls indecipherable from the gloom that descended upon them. The ceiling seemed as distant as the sky, and adopted a slightly paler blue than the walls. The floor consisted of a silty grey sand, and the Argonian - as the blurry figure had resolved to be - sat upon a large rock facing the elf. There was a slight breeze, and Elthrir bobbed to the left slightly in its wake, before returning to the spot he had originally been floating above.

Realisation overwhelmed the captive, and for a moment he flailed and panicked, attacking the rope around his legs - serving only to deepen the chord's bite and allow the stinging sea water more raw skin to attack.

'Don't flail; I'm not entirely certain what form the local wildlife takes, and we wouldn't want to attract them.'

Elthrir stopped moving, and panted through liquid filled lungs for a moment, before regarding his host. The Argonian was pale skinned; almost completely white but for a bluish tint to the larger scutes that adorned his body, and a crown of deep-blue feathers fluttered in the current.

'Let me explain. Four years ago, I was poisoned - an attempt on my life which, unluckily for you, was rather unsuccessful. Oh, don't worry about breathing,' he began, noticing Elthrir's attempts to hold his breath and fluttering chest, 'I poured enough water-breathing elixir down your throat when you were unconscious to allow you to live comfortably down here for a few hours, although you land-dwellers seem somewhat susceptible to pressure. Now, as I was saying: someone tried to kill me, they failed, and I'm trying to find them. That is why you are hear - you have answers.'

The Argonian pulled out a small, steel knife from its sheath.

'Now, this can work two ways. One; you help me, in which case I cut you free of your tethers and you're free to go on your way. Two; you don't help me, in which case I push you and the rock you're tied to into the trench behind you, and you suffer a rather painful death as thousands of tonnes of water crush you.'

Elthrir glanced behind him. Sure enough, the ocean bed descended into a black maw - the base of which lay far beyond the exposure of sunlight. A shudder of fear rocked the assassin's spine.

'Look okay, I don't know who tried to kill you, how would I? I've only been a member of the Brotherhood for a year'

'The Brotherhood?'

'The Dark Brotherhood: assassins. They probably had something to do with the attempt on your life, but I don't know. Hell, I don't even know your name! How am I meant to help?!'

'I don't know, Elthrir,' stated the Argonian coldly, before standing and walking across the ocean bed - held down by a set of iron weight around his ankles - toward the elf, 'Although if I were you'd I'd find a way' he finished, placing his foot on the rock that held the elf down.

'No! Don't! Look, the Brotherhood get the contracts from other people - they're mercs. I don't know which specific member tried to kill you, but they were just working for a contractor. If you let me go, I can return to the Brotherhood and look through the records to find who it was who put out the contract on your life? I can help!'

The Argonian pondered for a moment, before coming to a conclusion and looking at the knife in his hand. 'Okay, you're free to go,' he stated, before throwing the dagger into the chasm. 'If I were you, I'd cut myself free before the pressure becomes too much to bear.' he finished, before kicking the rock and it's elven cargo after the blade.

(Just to let you know, I don't want to join the Brotherhood - consider Lights-Up-Skylines a passive antagonist. He's looking for answers, and the Dark Brotherhood is in the way.)

fleeon

Almost immediately, the dark elf stood up and winced in pain. The strange figure had told him to meet outside, for whatever reason.
    "It's warmer in here, damn it".
    Fleeon stepped outside into the freezing cold and saw the figure dressed in heavy Ebony armor standing by the entrance. The elf approached...

Black-Tongue

Prey approaches...
    [If I'm doing it wrong, let me know. This is my first RP.]

A trick. In years there had never been such a thing get the best of him. Draak smiled to himself, and mused at the predicament he was in. Surrounding him was a blue aura-- a magical barrier kept him statically floating just a few feet off of the ground, and he was unable to move freely. Each time he attempted it felt as though a strong set of hands was gripped around his whole body. This was not the work of a daedra, to be certain.

The Thalmor were likely suspects, though he had doubts of their real power. Just a few days earlier a group of them accosted him. Words were exchanged, and the senior Justicar of the group made the fatal mistake of drawing a blade. In seconds, the Altmer were strewn in bloody pieces across the road. To get his point across, Draak resurrected the Justicar and commanded him to return to solitude and deliver a message.

"Woe to thee, Thalmor."

He now found him self in, no doubt, Mzinchaleft. It was where he was headed all along, yet he remembered only stepping into the entrance hall before awakening trapped in the blue aura.

Suddenly the room grew cold...

"Clever." Draak said quietly.

AstroSteve

Dovahking
    {[No godding or other player character controls as stated in the Rules, please refrain from dueling other players or controlling their action with out their express permission... post then wait for a responce don't assume them and give lines they might not feel in their character]} (Astrosteve)

(It was only sparring, neither character got hurt so I don't see how it was unfair. It was supposed to add depth to the story, particularly around thier relationship and first encounter. Also, I wasn't godding I was just using level 100 sneak and illusion since I think both our characters have that and it made the scene more dramatic. Plus, before talking through Hardix's character I read through all the information I could find about her so that I understood what her personality and ability was like. And then if she had objected to anything I could and would have edited it, but she seems fine with it. Just making the story cooler)

Drazker

Son of Sithis
    Midway up the Throat of the World

As Drazker and Fleeon stepped out into the cold, a Nord, whose skin was blue-ish gray from the intense cold, would be stripped half-naked and be tied to a pole, lying in the snow. Breaths would still escape him; he was still alive.

Drazker turned to Fleeon and inquired, "he has been marked for death. I want you to end him."

fleeon

Fleeon looked at the figure in the ebony armor, then to the Nord, then back. Quickly looking over the assortment of blades on his belt he chose a curved dagger with a Breath of Frost enchantment on it.
    "Don't worry friend...You're in good hands" Fleeon muttered as he knelt down by the half-naked figure. As he finished his sentence, he drove the blade into the stomach of the Nord, who let out a ghostly breath as the life in him was extinguished. "It's done".

AstroSteve

Dovahking
    [Still midway up the Throat of the world]

Far from his respite on the ice drifts of the sea of ghosts, Count Astros rose from the ground beside Drazker as his other half, still far away, sank into the sea. Drazker looked around at the Dark Elf, content with the killing of the Nord.

"Yes, Astros?" He enquired darkly.

"I've... been witness to the exceptional fighting ability of Hardix, our Bosmer sister. I don't think she needs any combat training, she is already vastly more agile and stealthy than any other wood elf I've come across. And they are naturaly agile." He replied.

"Continue"

"Yes. Her contract. I say Hardix and I take a more challenging contract, to truly test her power, one that would require both of us. Do you have any dual contracts left?" Count Astros proposed.

Drazker

Son of Sithis
    Midway up the Throat of the World

Drazker simply nodded before his voice boomed from the seemingly empty suit of armor, "We'll speak of this back home."

The hulking figure then turned back to Fleeon, Drazker's helm staring blankly at the man.

"You are free to go. But you'll feel the bloodlust soon enough. The need to kill again."

Drazker's right arm lofted, his palm facing the sky as the ebony gauntlet closed into a fist.

"Join my family and your thirst for murder shall always be quenched. You will have riches and sanctuary away from the rest of the worms whom writhe in their 'civilization'. What do you say?"

hardix

Linkin Park Fan
    Hardix waited for the return of both Astros and Drazker. After the first few minutes she started practicing archer on the target. Soon it resembled more a of a hedgehog than anything else. She stepped forward, removed all the arrows, and once more sat, waiting for them to return.

fleeon

Midway up the Throat of the world

Fleeon stood shivering in the cold next to the mysterious figure.
    "Great, yes I'll join. Just get me some food and a damn fire" Fleeon turned to the figure, nodded, and walked back inside the tent and grabbed a piece of venison lying on the table.
    He sat down in the chair next to the fire and awaited further instruction.

Drazker

Son of Sithis
    Purpleshew has told me some of you have been complaining about this roleplay. Well, thankfully, you won't have to deal with it anymore. I'm quitting these forums after being annoyed by people who can't seem to butt out of my RP and have the ego and the gall to think they can administer the RP forum. Have fun, everyone.

Gorthal

[With Drazker gone, we need a new leader for this RP and so Reiji has offered to take up that mantle. In the meantime, can somebody PLEASE come and untie Gorthal from his chair so he can kill whoever and be a member of the Dark Brotherhood?]

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts