Who joined the imperial legion.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Diisk

I thought about joining them because I'm making a khajiit, but I just realized they were gonna kill me for no apparent reason. They seem like a mean bunch. Hadvor even said I want on the list.. And she says to kill me anyway? Pssh I was just wandering around doing cat stuff, and got caught in a net.

Diisk

Yea, I meant to say Hadvor even said I wasn't on the list.. iPods auto correct is so lame. He at least tried to save me... But he had no choice.

But I still hate the imperials... Cat nap me while I'm out doin cat stuff...

NekoJake

I joined the Imperial Legion. I play as a Dark Elf and the Stormcloaks, to me appear more as Nord only faction.

Skarv

Actually, I read somewhere that the Officer that said to kill you was corrupted and she wanted to kill Tulius and be the new General or something, the Imperial Legion is awesome especially Hadvar!

Diisk

Lol well I'm a khajiit Mage, I'm still deciding which faction to join. I've never done either quest line so I'm not sure... I heard you can do the stormcloak side but then kill ulfric later on.

Serebro Moniker

He who moves it moves it
Actually, I read somewhere that the Officer that said to kill you was corrupted and she wanted to kill Tulius and be the new General or something, the Imperial Legion is awesome especially Hadvar!
Really? Interesting, where did you read this?

But yeah. If they'd known what was gong on, I doubt the Empire would have allowed your death. Let's face it, you clearly aren't wearing Stormcloak armour, neither are you on that list.

Janus3003

Skyrim Marriage Counselor
I joined the Legion, too, especially after chatting with Ulfric and seeing Windhelm.
Never heard about that Imperial Captain wanting to kill Tullius, but I definitely agree she was corrupt, and given that Imperials are based on the Romans, I doubt that Hadvar can question her without getting killed himself for insubordination (hey, he's got family to think about).
Every time I see the intro, I root for Lokir to finally get away. Never happens. :sadface:

Docta Corvina

Really? Interesting, where did you read this?

But yeah. If they'd known what was gong on, I doubt the Empire would have allowed your death. Let's face it, you clearly aren't wearing Stormcloak armour, neither are you on that list.

Yeah, I'd be very interested to hear a source for that bit about the captain too. It's not in any dialogue I've heard, even after playing through several times. But I suppose I could have missed it, especially if it was something a Stormcloak NPC said during the escape from Helgen or at any point later on.

Anyway though, indeed, the fact of the matter is the player character was not on the Empire's list, meaning that the Empire was not out to get the player. The only reason the player was forced to the block was because an irritable and careless captain didn't give enough damns to speak with her superiors (ie. a preoccupied Tullius) about clearing things up even after Hadvar had sympathy and inquired on the player's behalf. There are bad eggs everywhere, on both sides. That's just life. I am glad Hadvar was there and shown to be good-hearted, despite it all.

Janus3003

Skyrim Marriage Counselor
Something I like about the intro is that it shows the good and bad of both sides, especially if you play it with both Hadvar and Ralof.
You'll get a bad impression of the Imperials at first, with the near (illegal) execution and seeing a torture chamber (that Hadvar regrets existing). On the other hand, Hadvar tries to speak with the first group of Stormcloaks that attack, but they'll have none of it.
The Stormcloaks seem sympathetic at first (and I admit that I like Ulfric's "Legends don't burn down villages" line), but Ralof doesn't bother with negotiation. He just tells you to get ready to fight and prepares an ambush.
And while Ralof decries the Imperials for having a torture chamber, you can find later on that Ulfric has his own in Windhelm.

Skarv

I don't even remember where I heard it, I just read it on some random website when I was a new Skyrim player and was looking up 'Skyrim Imperials vs Stormcloaks' so it probably isn't real :p

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
I spent the last three games trying to keep this empire together, I'm not going to let some nords tear it apart now. If I got upset at everyone that attempted to illegally behead me without due process I wouldn't have any friends at all, now would I?

osheao

i had a character that briefly committed to the imperials. in his heart he knew their cause was unjust.

he quickly committed suicide.

I prefer the Empire. I had played a Nord Stormcloak on my first character, but really, I don't care much for them. They're racist jerks.

lonewolf

Legion all the way, sure they have there flaws and there not perfect but there a million times better the stormcloaks. Ulfric is reason enough not to join the stormcloaks hes a self absorbed murderer who really only cares about the throne and sees the rebellion only as a means of getting it. If he really cared about the people of skyrim and the worship he would talked to Torygg about leaving the empire and remaining on good terms with them for trade reasons as well as an ally against the AD, of course if he did that there wouldn't be a empty throne and he wouldn't be able to become king. Not considering Ulfric or the fact that one of the main points of the rebellion is that skyrim should be for the nords and its racism. Theres the fact that skyrim would be a lot worse shape fighting agaisnt the AD by themselves and hopefully in that case Hammerfell. They wouldnt be any support from the legion if they were invaded and home advantage only helps so much its not an I win button. For those who say that Hammerfell pushed back the AD they were ONLY able to do so beacause the legion general i forget his name discharged ``invalids``so they could stay and fight, as well they were fighting an weakened AD. The best chance at defeting The AD is a unified Tameriel so thats why the legion is the best option despite its flaws.