• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

FullmetalHeart20

As a point of roleplaying, hearing that Alduin is eating the souls of the dead or the College of Winterhold was taken over by an insane Thalmor probably isn't the best time to go bandit slaying. So when do you fellow players decide the plot's cooled down enough to do some training or raid a fort?

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
Usually when I know I've reached a part of the questline that is a huge time sink and/or pain in the ass and I need a pallete cleanser.

Like when Delphine starts that crap about sneaking into the high elf barn dance sans armor or weapons.

At times like this my RP mentality becomes secondary to my RL need to enjoy myself via the game!

Ivory

Let's Player
Depends on the severity of the quest's arc. For example if its a quest given by a companion leader to slay some animals or bandits, I'll work my way there via walking and if a more important quest comes up, I'll change direction. Now if say Ancano was taking over the Eye of Magnus, any small quests I may run into at the time take a back seat. Bandit camps are not a main focus at that time and I leave them be and they can consider it their lucky day to be alive.

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
I usually just push through. The large questlines present an urgency in them that even though you know doesn't exist, it's hard to ignore while RPing. How can my character honestly say, "No, I'll wait to go get Auriel's bow for the moment, that cave over there looks quite inviting!"

Daedra'Mc'Bitch

I usually just push through. The large questlines present an urgency in them that even though you know doesn't exist, it's hard to ignore while RPing. How can my character honestly say, "No, I'll wait to go get Auriel's bow for the moment, that cave over there looks quite inviting!"

If your character was as omnipotently aware as the player that the NPCs are willing to wait for an eternity for you to progress in the quest, they just might say that!

Saozig

Hippy
Usually when I know I've reached a part of the questline that is a huge time sink and/or pain in the ass and I need a pallete cleanser.

Like when Delphine starts that crap about sneaking into the high elf barn dance sans armor or weapons.

Ha! I have played the main quest line straight through with a few characters, up to this part. There's something about this particular quest that makes me go, "Jesus, really? I just proved to you I'm the Dragonborn and you want me to go snoop around at some bleeping Thalmor soiree? Lemme get back to you on that.

At times like this my RP mentality becomes secondary to my RL need to enjoy myself via the game!

Bingo. Part of what I like about Skyrim is it doesn't lock you into a linear quest line and lets you go around just simply enjoying the game's environment.

Saozig

Hippy
If your character was as omnipotently aware as the player that the NPCs are willing to wait for an eternity for you to progress in the quest, they just might say that!

I especially love how Tolfdir will stand outside of Saarthal in the snow for weeks waiting for you to be "ready" to go inside. Doesn't even complain if you just stop by to buy a spell book or two from him.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
When I've done that part of the quest too many times to enjoy it. For example, Bleak Falls Barrow. After your 12th+ character, that quest is a chore.

Daedra'Mc'Bitch

I especially love how Tolfdir will stand outside of Saarthal in the snow for weeks waiting for you to be "ready" to go inside. Doesn't even complain if you just stop by to buy a spell book or two from him.

Well, my Nord was running in the snow in nothing but a bra and panties, and she didn't complain. I guess it's that Nord blood that runs in Tolfdir and my veins.

Adam Warlock

I like the fact that you can stretch out so many major quests and just do their stages when you want to.
Lolly-gagging is what this Dragonborn does best.

The only main quest line that truly pushed me to complete it in a linear fashion was Dawnguard when I refused Harkon`s "gift".
Watching the wholesale slaughter of civilians by vampires wherever I went certainly inspired me to get that one done asap.

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
I usually focus on missions for a little and then just have fun afterwards. I do a mission or two, and then do something fun. For me though, missions are kinda fun, especially when they lead me into a deep dungeon or a dangerous Dwemer ruin. The more intricate the dungeon or ruin, the happier I am.

The mission during the Dragonborn DLC with the Blood Skaal was really cool. Going in that ruin was awesome, I wish there were more like those!