Open When in Skyrim, Do As The...?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Everyone stumbled over to Myra's side, thankful that she was at least awake. Kaalys looked her up and down, and spoke softly. "How do you feel?"

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Carenen spoke this time, relieved. "From what we gathered, you tripped or slipped going down the inn steps, more than likely hitting the...overhang thing on the way down. We brought you here, to Mara's temple, to have you healed. From what I heard, the only thing that was hurt majorly was your arm. You'll have to keep it in a sling, and we will have to stay a day or two so you can heal." Carenen said, hoping it wasn't too much to bear at once.

Patricia

Not Death's Bitca
    Myra lay in the bed, a little fazed, but the memory of it rushed back to her. She remembered going upstairs to get Carenen and Kaalys, and tripping at the top of the stairs, but not the falling, and certainly not the impact. That's when she remembered the talk with Mara, and she looked away with a pang, just like Mara had said there would be. She rubbed the stone on the amulet, and it weakened away, until there was none left. She tried to sit herself up, but the second she put pressure on her arm, she realized why her body was numb. She let out a gasp, and fell back down on to the bed, clutching at her arm. "Do you need to sit up?", Corelas asked, speaking up for the first time in front of everyone. He spoke solemnly, like her injuries were much more fatal than they really were. There were few times that Corelas could shed his fearful disposition, and when that happened, he was not a joyful person. He walked over to her side, and helped her sit up in the bed, and in that moment, their hearts skipped a beat. (It felt really weird to write that...)He stood there for a moment, then rushed to the back of the group. "Someone should tell that Breton boy what happened. I'll go do that.", he said, hurrying away. Myra blinked and looked from the Altmer walking away, to the group by her bedside. "Thanks...", she called after him. "Now. I can't decide whether I should convince the Priestesses that I can leave, or if I should stay here. It's your call.", she said to the rest of them, looking around herself for something to drink, be it water or wine.

TomLeViking

Call me Tom; or don't
    Thorek crossed his arms and looked at Myra, silently hoping she would opt to leave. The thought of staying in Riften and facing his actions seemed like a hard prospect to him, who had been having trouble understanding his feelings since they left Windhelm. At the other side of Riften a woman sat up in bed and unfolded a note which read:
    "Expect a visit. - T"
    She rolled her eyes and tossed it aside, falling sideways back into bed.
    As Thorek stood in the hospital he felt a burning on the back of his head, as if being watched intently by someone who wanted him dead. The pain grew intense and he blurted out "I need some air." Before stumbling out of the room via the back door, ending up on the outskirts of the city moaning in pain as he clutched the back of his head. Then he bumped into it, like something guided him to it.
    As he looked up the pain dissipated from his head and showered his whole body. He fell before the statue of Talos weeping and clutching at his chest, now adorned with the symbol of his cowardice.

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Kaalys and Carenen stood and watched Myra in this state, and pondered her question. Carenen spoke up, looking down. "I think you should stay in their care for the night. But I also think we need to get moving soon. I know that Kaalys and yourself are rather good at making elixirs and such, so I know for certain that you should be better soon either choice we make." Kaalys spoke up after him, shaking her head. "No, you're right. We need to get out of here, as a few people should be coming to see if I completed my job soon. No, we need to be out of Riften as soon as possible."

With that she turned back to Myra with a sinister smile. "If you want to get out soon, I can come by tonight and help you sneak out of here?" Myra didn't answer, but Kaalys patted her bed. "Don't worry about it. I'll come by later and we can figure it out then." She turned to Carenen and nodded her head for the door, and the two of them left. Carenen spoke up as he left. "If you decide to agree, I'll have the others packed and ready to go by the time we get to the cart." With that, they were gone.

Rathalos_lord_of_the_sky

-Bnahabra King-
    Coreles peeked his head in the Caravan.
    "Outlander."
    "Myra has been injured and is at the church recieving treatment."
    Rath gives a subtle nod. "She's alive right?"
    "Yes."
    Rath sighs and uncovers his hood. "I prepped the horses and the caravan. I will wait here until everyone is ready."
    Coreles nods and leaves.
    Rath chuckles. "Outlanders."

TomLeViking

Call me Tom; or don't
    Mjoll found Thorek on his knees in front of the statue of Talos. As she had done before, she took him in and helped him as best she could and Haelga was understanding enough to let them accommodate the room she reserved for her "dibella worship". He would've gladly stayed another night but he told her he had somewhere he needed to be and left without a note this time.

Thorek walked out of the gates of Riften and approached the cart with a smile on his face, though he was feeling quite sorrowful. He climbed into the caravan and sat down opposite Rathalos.
    "Evening, lad. It feels like a while since I've seen your face."

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Kaalys and Carenen were silent in their room as they packed their things, knowing that with Myra's spirit, she would want out of there more than anything. After everything was ready, Kaalys turned to face Carenen, who was patting himself down, to see if he had forgotten anything. "You go ahead and make sure everyone is ready at the caravan. I'll get to Myra soon." Carenen nodded with a smile and headed out, towards the caravan to see if Rath was still there.

Kaalys stepped out into the darkened streets of Riften, and could already feel the eyes of the shadows watching her. She continued on despite this, and went straight for the temple of Mara, not making eye contact with any of the city's less reputable people. She walked through the door, saw that she was alone for the time being, and tip-toed off to the hospital.

After taking a moment to gather which bed Myra was in, she tracked it over, but instead of finding her in the bed, she was standing on her own, waiting for Kaalys. She smiled and held out her hand. "Let's get you out of here."

Kaalys and Myra stepped through the door of the hospital, but Kaalys stopped her and handed her a bottle. "Drink this when I give the signal." They continue on, hearing footsteps and muffled voices from all around them. They get closer to the door, and to freedom with every step.

Out of nowhere, a priest steps out in front of them and stops before the door. He speaks in mumbled words and whispers, so neither Kaalys nor Myra could understand him, even if they had wanted to. He doesn't move, and it's obvious his prayer is far from over. Kaalys nods at Myra, and casts her invisibility. "Now." Myra drinks her potion without protest, but doesn't turn. "It's not working!" Kaalys digs in her bag for another, but to no avail. Then, a sound comes that makes her skin crawl. "Who's there?" Kaalys and Myra remain frozen on spot, their backs up against the wall, waiting for the priest to catch them. A sound of a dagger unsheathing sends confused signals to Kaalys' control center. Why would a priest... "I'll get you this time, you blasted thieves!"
    Kaalys, quickly thinking, reaches for a paralyze poison in her pouch, and tips a barb with it, and places it a long, tube-like object. Myra looks puzzled, but Kaalys shakes her head. "You'll see." She assured.

Without a second to think, she leaps across the floor, putting the tube up to her lips, and sending the poisoned barb into the neck of the priest. In a moment, the priest was frozen in place, his limbs and joints locked, and he fell to the floor like a stone statue. Kaalys grabbed Myra's hand and they burst through the door, heading for the front gate, knowing the poison wouldn't last long.

Finally, they burst through the front gates, both breathing heavily from exhaustion, and fear. She looked up and smiled at Myra, with a small nod. "That's how you do it."

The others at the caravan just watched as the two regained their composure.

Patricia

Not Death's Bitca
    "Hello everyone. Let's get moving.", Myra said, trying to hop up on to the front of the wagon, but having difficulty finding a way to do so. She managed, though, and once she was sitting down, she unwrapped her arm. The Priestess did her best job, but it wasn't as good as if Myra had been conscious. Of course, she wasn't, so there really wasn't any room to complain. She took a breath in and remembered how to fix a thing like this. Since there was only partial healing done, and it was a more-than-less amateur job, she would have to do it herself. She rubbed the arm, poking and prodding at it all over, making note of the areas where it felt jagged, broken, or more painful than others. At last she came to the conclusion that the Priestess had, in her hurry to make the best of it, forgotten to position the bone before she attempted to heal it. It would grow back together in a very bad way, and it had been only half healed, yet enough that she couldn't get it to grow back on track. She'd have to break it again and fix it herself. "Corelas.", she said turning her head to the back of wagon. Corelas's head popped out from behind the canvas of the caravan wagon, and turned beet read upon brightened gold. "Yes?", he asked quietly, clearly the potion she had given him had worn off. "Could you get a small vial from that dark leather bag? The liquid is blue, and if you have to uncork it, it should smell like alcohol.", she told him. He obliged and found the vial, handing it to Myra from the inside of the wagon. "Why does it smell like alcohol?", he asked, forgetting his silence. "Because it is alcohol. Carenen? I need you to do something you may be uncomfortable with doing. I'd ask one of the others, but I don't really trust them with this sort of thing yet.", she said quickly. She gestured to the area that felt the most brittle and weak on her arm. "I need you to break my arm. Here. It's setting wrong, and I can't break my own arm. I've got a powerful pain duller right here- a drink that even I can't take a swig of and not get so drunk I can barely feel my own skin. I'm running low on actual pain killers, so we'll have to stop some time on the way to Rorikstead so I can get some ingredients. Maybe have a second crack at what was supposed to be a bit of a break. So, please say you will.", she said, holding out her bad arm, taking the cork off of the vial of strong booze, and putting it to her lips. She would tip it over when she got a reply.

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Carenen couldn't have heard right. Myra wanted him to...break her what now? He displayed his unwillingness. "I...I...Umm. Kaalys?" He turned to face her, but she only shook her head. "Sorry, she said she wouldn't trust anyone more than you to do it. Hell, I may have gotten her out of that wacky...hospital thing, but that doesn't mean we can just get all friendly. Not this time, Darling. You have to do this."

Carenen cursed under his breath. It wasn't because he was too afraid. Not because he was squeamish. There was just something about hurting anyone of these people that made him weak in the knees. He took her arm in his hand, trying his best not to think about it. He probed softly for the area that Myra had pointed out to him, and inhaled. "All right." He took his hands around the wrist and arm above the spot. With a simple twist, the bone broke clean, and Carenen nearly lost his mind. He stepped away for a moment, trying not to lose his lunch as well. "There." He said bitterly.

Patricia

Not Death's Bitca
    Myra was very drugged from the drink, but still let out a small squeal. She lay her arm across her lap for a flat surface, and wrapped her hand around the break. The familiar warm orange glow pulsed around her hand, and she left it on for much longer than usual, turning her arm every so often. Even in that state she knew what to do. She lifted her arm up and moved it as much as she could, the break being almost completely healed. "Thanks!", she said sloshily, promptly going out like a light. She wouldn't wake up again until the next day's noontime.

Fexon

Clever little Bosmer
    Fexon had been waiting at the wagon, already prepared to depart. His days as of late had been filled with a steady mix of frustration, anger, confusion and a bit of happiness. There was so much going on, Fexon had lost contact with the group. Between bumping into his old friend Veya, and the turmoil taking place beneath the streets, he had his hands full. The guild had some issues come up within a cell in Solitude and Fexon volunteered to assist. Fexon could only hope the caravan he was rooted with would make its way there at one point during the trip.

Fexon nodded as each member returned to the carriage. He couldnt help but notice Myra and her new friend appearing at the wagon with a complete look of exhaustion.

"Hello everyone. Let's get moving.", Myra said. She appeared to struggle as she pulled herself up. Fexon's eyes peered at her closely with wonder. He couldnt believe it when she requested Carenen break her arm. All he could do was stare with a vicious curiosity. "I take it you had a rough day" Fexon started patting down his body, making sure each and every pouch was full, and accounted for. "I should apologize for my absence, but it looks like you did just fine without me." Fexon spoke quickly. "It'll be good to get on the road...." The shroud of night began to blanket the sky. Fexon peered toward the starry sky before focusing on the path ahead.

TomLeViking

Call me Tom; or don't
    After Myra's went out like a light, Thorek felt similarly sleepy. He crouched down against the side of the caravan, crossed his arms and fell into a stupor.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Where the hell were those supplies!" The captain yelled in frustration as they continued on the road to Windhelm. The unit had no food or equipment besides their own belts and they were 10 men shorter than when they left only one week prior. It was a total disaster.

A cart could be seen in the distance with some men gathered around it, but those figures soon disappeared. When they came across the blockage in the road Imperial soldiers sprang up in arms from around the bushes and a familiar face stepped out from behind the cart.
    "Tulfdir.. I.. do not understand." Stuttered Thorek in confusion. "Rebels rarely do." He retorted, giving a twisted smile. Suddenly Thorek felt a pang of realisation and a shudder down his spine. His heart filled with grief as he glanced over at the many bodies scattered around the cart and identified the face of the woman he loved.

He did not even draw his sword before the man was dead. He leaped forward, throwing a fist to his head with such speed and force that it sent teeth flying to the back of the traitor's throat and his face caved inwards, mushing his brain so that fluid leaked out of his eyes and ears. Thorek was then upon him, both men were screaming; one in agony, one in anger. Thorek mashed up his face behind the point of identification and the imperials had been killed when he was crushing the life out of him with hands like a bear's upon his throat.

The other men watched as the fire in Tulfdir's life went dim and Thorek took out a knife, cutting downwards into his chest. He did not hesitate to bury his head in the man's rib-cage and pull out the fresh heart filled with blood. A huge spatter of bright-red blood came from the man's mouth and nose to signify his death - a traitor deserved no kind death, no dignity.

When the soldiers restrained Thorek and the heart fell from his mouth, a large chunk of cardiac muscle was missing and Thorek shook free of the soldiers' grasp. The captain under Thorek looked in horror as he ran screaming ahead of them into the forest. The echo's of his crying could be heard for nearly half-an-hour by the young soldiers as they tried to track him down and it would haunt their dreams for years to come.

They found him in a pile of blood with two dead wolves around him and body-parts from the animals strewn around. He sat cross-legged, still weeping, his tears turning to frost.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    From inside the caravan, the group could now see Thorek stretched out across the floor, scratching his fingernails across the wood and crying in his sleep - his screams were loud and it was surprising he not not wake himself up - perhaps Vaermina did not allow him release from her realm.

Rathalos_lord_of_the_sky

-Bnahabra King-
    Rath glanced over at Thorek.
    He grabbed a nearby bucket of water and tossed it on him, at least... He hoped it was water.
    "He wake up!" He shouted.

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Carenen watched as Thorek jolted up from the cold water, but knew that if he didn't intervene, Thorek would more than likely go after the boy. He spoke loudly, for the others to hear, drawing the attention to him. "Alright. Since Myra is obviously not able to function properly for awhile, I say we should stop by Ivarstead for a night or so. Get ourselves ready for the Pale. Everyone ready?" With no complaints, Carenen took lead and the caravan headed out.

The ride to Ivarstead was uneventful, which was something that he welcomed with open arms. The road was quiet, and the people who passed by didn't seem to want to bother a group of armed individuals such as this.
    If anyone decided to try to attack this caravan, it would be the worst decision they had ever made. And most painful.

Finally, after what seemed like forever, they had reached their destination. He lead the carriage to the stables and hopped off, his job of bringing them to Ivarstead complete. Kaalys hopped off with him, they gathered the group and headed towards the inn.

Kaalys stepped over and paid for the rooms, while Carenen made sure Corelas carried Myra safely to her room.

TomLeViking

Call me Tom; or don't
    After they hopped off the caravan, Thorek took the opportunity to finish some business. He grabbed Rathalos by the shoulder and spun him around fast. He leaned into him so their heads were beside each other and he uttered a
    "Thank you." He then released grip and walked away, further into the small village.

"What a dump." He joked to himself walking through the village. A young girl wanted to talk to him about adventuring, but his heart was aflutter already and her father ended up dragging her away.