Whats your favorite armor/apparel

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
I like my Glass Armor and Nightingale Armor. Both are above 567 armor rating so they offer the same protection as Daedric or Dragonplate Armor and heavy armor is ill suited for sneaking.:cool:

To be honest, I think leveling up smithing with exploits ruins the fun of upgrading your armor by killing enemies.
It's not an exploit. It may be repetitive but so is running around hacking and slashing mobs. :rolleyes:

Dragon Bourne

Long Live Paarthurnax!
Glass is always my favorite. Once I get a full set of armor and weapons for me and my follower, Dragon Plate will be put on the shelf for good.

Android

Me (lvl 37 Redguard) and the little lady (play on 360 so taken with a camera, apologies for quality) just after Shouting Ulfric to death.

P1020752.jpg

Helm of Yngol, Ebony Mail, Ebony gauntlets and boots, Daedric weapons, Ebony arrows, and Aela wears Saviors Hide (a little morbid perhaps for a werewolf to wear werewolf hide but it suits her) and Stormcloak Officer gloves and boots. I tend not to get too hung up on stats and just go for a cool look.

murdaface

i found a ragged robe that i pair with an executioner mask. they had no value as armor, but i enchanted them with the potion exploit thing. my character is a redguard, and i like this plopsty shirt because it shows off his muscles, and the amulet stands out too. plus he just looks like a dungeon dwelling killing machine with a daedric battle axe.

Dragon Bourne

Long Live Paarthurnax!
Couple of thoughts...

I wish the Glass Armor in Skyrim glowed like it did in Obilvion. That would be cool!

I was a Dragon Plate wearer until I realized Ebony not only looks cooler but is actually more effective.

I wish my Solitude Housecarl would wear the damn Glass Boots I give her, but no...

nialllwalsh

nialww41
Yeah Daedric armour definitely does it for me...I walk around lookin like that guy from Lord of the Rings with the awesome helmet. As I'm playing right now, I'm currently trying to find more dragons, so I can see what the whole dragon armour set looks like. But I will probably stick with Daedric, and give my follower the dragon stuff.

Mauli

Actual Alchemist
I'm wearing full Dragonplate that I love because I made it and enchanted it myself. I put my follower, Anne, in ebony body armor, dragonplate gauntlets, elven boots and a glass helmet. I like being able to see her face.

For a weapon I'm rocking a badass glass broadsword I named Vorpel Shard.

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
Even though it really offers no value as armor whatsoever, I'm really fond of the unhooded Thalmor robes. They really fit the persona of my character well, and even though she's capable of smithing stronger items, they've just come to be her iconic apparel for me. I never was much of a heavy armor fan, but if I had to choose a set it would definitely be Ebony.

Mauli

Actual Alchemist
On the xbox when your enchanting you can press Y and you get to rename the newly enchanted item.

... and you have to do it then, because I have not found that you can rename anything latter. Naming really helps keep track of what your various weapons are enchanted with.

Dragon Bourne

Long Live Paarthurnax!
That was my next question, can I go back and name them later. Thanks! Guess i could just remake them I suppose...