Whats the ideal level for Dawnguard?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

EragonSkyrim

When Dawnguard arrives on ps3 in july i want to be at the right level so that the DLC isnt too easy but not too hard, im level 22 now, so i am thinking best would be level 25, Bethesda reccomended level 10-20 i the ideal, i need some opinions

The Fatalist

Destroyer of goats
I say the highest you possibly can be. Bethesda said 10, but if theres any leveled equipment/spells you'll want it at its best.

I think Bethesda meant 10 is a good minimum.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Don't want to be too high so you can't enjoy the new content and just smash through everything like your character is the second coming of a God, I think around level 10+ should be fine, they probably say they recommend level 10, but who knows maybe the quest is only allowed to be started by someone who is at least level 10 or higher like many quests and things in skyrim that require a certain level. 25 level should be alright or even 22, but it comes out in July for you, so take your time.

The Fatalist

Destroyer of goats
Don't want to be too high so you can't enjoy the new content and just smash through everything like your character is the second coming of a God, I think around level 10+ should be fine, they probably say they recommend level 10, but who knows maybe the quest is only allowed to be started by someone who is at least level 10 or higher like many quests and things in skyrim that require a certain level. 25 level should be alright or even 22, but it comes out in July for you, so take your time.

Of course, I meant as high as possible without being gamebreaking, like lv 75 or something rediculous. I generally set myself limits to avoid that.
By the time it comes out, i'll probably end up using a lv 30-35 character anyway.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I'm just going to delete all my older saves, I rarely use them and just start brand fresh when it comes out, not like I'm missing too much, finished the main quest several times, done every faction etc, I find myself starting to roleplay more and more with it, might make a light armour wearing Orc and go with the Dawnguard and then create maybe a Nord or something and do the vampire. I never use to play Orcs but I love them now, They're big, mean, ugly and look bad ass in the war paint. Hunt down them Vampires, I had a Vampire Hunter before in Skyrim, now I'll be able to join a Vampire hunting faction, oh I cannot wait.

EragonSkyrim

yh cheers for your opinions i think i will reach lvl 25 then begin another play through as a dawnguard build, investing heavily in archery and one handed, what other skills would be important for a dawnguard vamp hunter

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Light armour and perhaps a bit of sneak, reloading a crossbow takes longer than the bow (if you want to use a crossbow) so hopefully while they're searching for you, you can reload, don't need to invest too much into sneak, doesn't matter if they spot you, but those extra seconds could save you while you reload, shoot the other bugger and then run in with your one handed weapon.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I've already got a character in mind, a Stendarr worshipping Orc Vampire Hunter, because Orc's are just badass, going to enchant my crossbow with Fire Damage, "In the name of Stendarr...BURN YOU UNHOLY BASTARDS!"