Whats the highest armor rating you've ever achieved?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?

Azir L'Stros

"So much treasure, so little time..."
Then explain how you got to 4.1K when 567 (or 667 if wearing all 4 pieces) is the highest achievable?
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Armor. I believe we went through all of this before and Dagmar explained all of this.

557 isn't the highest achievable. It's just the point where going beyond doesn't provide any additional benefits in terms of protection.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
557 isn't the highest achievable. It's just the point where going beyond doesn't provide any additional benefits in terms or protection.
Since I was realatively invulnerable at 513, I really can't see the point in having an even higher rating. Thanks for the info though.

Then explain how you got to 4.1K when 567 (or 667 if wearing all 4 pieces) is the highest achievable?
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Armor. I believe we went through all of this before and Dagmar explained all of this.

I simply utilized the boosts of the Game (not the glitches), such as The Sallow Reagent, Ahzidal's Genious, etc. My current Armor rating is around 1.1k atm, though, as I don't enjoy being too OP (Yes, I know it stops at 567 (667 with full armor), but I'm referring to my Weapon damage making me too "OP").

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
Since I was realatively invulnerable at 513, I really can't see the point in having an even higher rating. Thanks for the info though.
What difficulty setting are u playing on? The reason i'm asking is because right now my characters at an armor rating of 589! After adding 2 additional skills to heavy armor last night i jumped up to this number! Apparently breaking the cap is easier done than i thought, but even so i'm not *Invulnerable* by any means! In fact i died shortly after reaching this rating to a dragon priest i stumbled upon in a dungeon after getting a little too cocky over it! I am playing on *Master* difficulty so not sure if that has anything to do with this which is why i'm asking what setting your on.

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
Armor does nothing to reduce magical damage, so you need magic resistance and/or elemental resistance against those guys.

Resistances cap at 85%
Really? Damn, i was not aware of that. I always thought damage reduction counted for everything say for a spells draining effect, no wonder i'm still getting pwned by mages. :eek:

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
Armor does nothing to reduce magical damage, so you need magic resistance and/or elemental resistance against those guys.

Resistances cap at 85%

I never thought about that before. Everything I did was boosting my skills.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim

Resistances cap at 85%
Resist Magic and Resist Elemental Damage are different and have a cumulative stacking effect so you can get 85% damage reduction from Resist Magic and then an 85% reduction of the remaining 15% with the appropriate Resist Elemental Damage type for a total of 97.5%.

Blocked Damage works in a similar way with physical damage resistance from Armor Rating for a total possible maximum of 97% blocked/resisted physical damage.

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
Resist Magic and Resist Elemental Damage are different and have a cumulative stacking effect so you can get 85% damage reduction from Resist Magic and then an 85% reduction of the remaining 15% with the appropriate Resist Elemental Damage type for a total of 97.5%.

Blocked Damage works in a similar way with physical damage resistance from Armor Rating for a total possible maximum of 97% blocked/resisted physical damage.

A question about blocking enchantments. Are they active the whole time or only when I block

Dagmar Question . I just discovered the Lord Stone , with 50% reduce Damage and 25% resist magic. I also have Elemental blocking with shield . Is this compatable with a Thief build ?? Tks:)

Dagmar Question . I just discovered the Lord Stone , with 50% reduce Damage and 25% resist magic. I also have Elemental blocking with shield . Is this compatable with a Thief build ?? Tks:)
A thief build traditionally wouldn't involve shields, The Lord stone definitely helps with damage reduction but thieves and assassins IMO wouldn't be hit as often because they're usually killing from the shadows.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
The simple answer is it's compatible with a build where you want more physical damage and magic resistance. :p

The following are the Standing Stones oriented towards a Thief/Assassin build:

1. The Serpent Stone - Gives you a damage and paralyze poison once per day;
2. The Shadow Stone - Allows you to become invisible once per day;
3. The Thief Stone - skill xp bonus for Thief skills; and
4. The Tower Stone - open one Expert lock once per day.

Keep in mind most of these will become superfluous as you fill out your Thief or Assassin build at which point you may want to select a Standing Stone purely for general utility.

The simple answer is it's compatible with a build where you want more physical damage and magic resistance. :p

The following are the Standing Stones oriented towards a Thief/Assassin build:

1. The Serpent Stone - Gives you a damage and paralyze poison once per day;
2. The Shadow Stone - Allows you to become invisible once per day;
3. The Thief Stone - skill xp bonus for Thief skills; and
4. The Tower Stone - open one Expert lock once per day.

Keep in mind most of these will become superfluous as you fill out your Thief or Assassin build at which point you may want to select a Standing Stone purely for general utility.

Thank You for response really appreciate it.

A thief build traditionally wouldn't involve shields, The Lord stone definitely helps with damage reduction but thieves and assassins IMO wouldn't be hit as often because they're usually killing from the shadows.

I seem to early in game ( after dragon rising ) to get torn up by dragon attacks if I ignore the block talent which reduce, fire , frost , and shock damage , by I think 50% . But yea you are right true thief build should not need shield. Seems I might have wandered a bit off the path way of Thief . I think I only have to go 4 pts in block to get that benefit . Thanks for your input :) .P.S.NOt to mention when I run into those shock spraying mages LoL