What if you don't want to join either side?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Anarchist51

OK I am at the point where I have to choose one side over the other. Personally I don't like either side and don't want to join either side because I think they are both jerks and suck. It is to bad they didn't leave a third option where you tell both sides to go fight it out and leave you alone.

Anarchist51

Just to clarify. . . Are you talking about forum roleplaying or the Stormcloak/Imperial situation?

I am talking about the stormcloak/Imperial situation. If I were living in Skyrim in reality, I would not join either faction since I am just to independent to join either side. So I was referring to the game situation where you are forced to join one side or the other. I did the wraith quest to get to the point of joining the Stormcloaks and then when it came time for the oath I said I would think about it.

I have been doing RPG since the 80's, D&D, HEROSystem, Vampire the Masquerade (up to where they did away with the Sabbat and I quit), and now for the last 5 years Pathfinder. When I play a computer game like Skyrim I try to immerse myself into the game and become the character and do what I think the character would do.

For example, right now my follower is Uthgerd. Since she owns her own home I stole her key and I drop off her "cut" of the loot at her house and store it. Yeah I know it is still mine but I like to treat her like a "real" person and not a computer robot so I make sure she is treated like she was actually a companion. I wish she could be a bit more lifelike and not so rigid.

Anyway back to the original question, I do not want to join either side since I think they are both jerks.

Then don’t. There is nothing in the game than forces you to play the Civil War sequence. Same is true for destroying the Dark Brotherhood, killing Parthunaax, etc.

It might sound goofy, but. . . I wish there was a way to complete the Civil War questline without actually participating in the civil war. :p I know I can just ignore it, but it would be easier to do if NPCs weren't trying to get you to choose a side all the time! Though I suppose that is part of the immersion. If nobody was going to fuss over the war, it might as well haven't been a major plot point. Makes sense.

If you're a completionist like I am, might I suggest making a character that would actually choose a side? When I make a character, I like imagining their upbringing, goals, and morals. There are some good mods where you can even establish a backstory for the game to utilize. Even if I don't like the Companions questline, it's fun to pretend being a giant werewolf Orc who likes smashing skulls to bring honor to his clan!

But. . . Yes, I agree. Both sides suck. ;)

Anarchist51

Much as I dislike the Stormcloaks Jarl I think I will go with them. I am an Anarchist at heart and dislike "big government" and if I had been born back in the 1800's I would have sided with the Confederacy so what the heck looks like I was born to be a rebel... LOL

Pete

If you have some of the civil war battles mods, then even based on who you favor at the negotiating table, you will be hated by roaming soldiers and attacked on sight.

Skyrimfan33

Much as I dislike the Stormcloaks Jarl I think I will go with them. I am an Anarchist at heart and dislike "big government" and if I had been born back in the 1800's I would have sided with the Confederacy so what the heck looks like I was born to be a rebel... LOL
So you would have side with the slavers? And I did both sides but to me the head of the rebellion Ulfric only cares about himself

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts