What are your thoughts on Blackreach?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ronnyhenri

What? Oh. Goodby
I think its one of the most creepy places in Skyrim and perhaps all Tamriel. This place gives me the creeps and if i have to be in Blackreach for a quest, i always make sure i be gone in a hurry. :eek:

821870-1323174956.jpg

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
Overrated. One of the many reasons I avoid doing the main quest.

JClarke1953

About the only thing it's good for is to level up your Vampire without getting into trouble or bounties. The Scarlett root got to be pita, so I never bothered finishing it, as the reward for all that work wasn't really that good.

PrisonerLizzie

ugh i hated it. Anytime I have to go down there I try to make it a rush job so that I don't have to look at it for too long

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
Despised it...reminded me too much of some Zangamarsh/Outlands ripoff and made the main quest tedious at best IMO.

ronnyhenri

What? Oh. Goodby
With my first character i took the red nirnroot. I was not aware that i had to collect so many. I think it were 15 nirnroots you have to find in Blackreach. I never find all of them. :rolleyes:

sticky runes

it's 30 crimson nirnroots, isn't it? It got them all in 3 seperate trips to Black reach because I couldn't stand being there for hours. Any quest that requires me to gather a certain number of rare ingredients gets right up my tits. That Ingun Blackbriar can fluff off as well.

Rhubarb&Custard

I actually love it. :D It's very beautiful, yeah there are icky falmer and the Nirnroot thing is a pain in the arse, but if you just sit and look at it, all the glowing mushrooms and fantastic views. It's a very beautiful place. :) Minus all the annoying things that want to kill you, it's also a great place to get soul gems. :D

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
I thought it was really Wild and Cool looking the first time I went in there, but for some reason I don't look forward to ever going back lol.

Aniratak

I love it! But I also think it is creepy as hell. Did the crimson ninroot quest. Took me several hours. Got to know the place alot. It has a very strange atmosphere. I don't think I'll be going back for a while because it creeps me out. And thats what I think is cool.

TheDovahkiin

The Fabled Stealer Of Sweetrolls
I love it, me and the Falmer have tea parties right after I prop their bodies up on a wall.

boethiah'sbitch

Maybe Im the Dragonborn & I just dont know it yet
I think it is one of the most beautiful places in Skyrim, yet its one of the most boring and confusing. The colors and ethereal beauty in Blackreach is spectacular. Also the fact that it is a giant Dwemer city in the underbelly of Skyrim is mindblowing. Yet walking around there for hours is dull and you feel like you've just been walking in circles. I literally just finished the Crimson Ninroot quest and I've had the game since it came out. I've been trying to avoid that quest for ages, but I wanted to get it off my unfinished quest list because I was sick of seeing it

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
I walk around Blackreach with 2 Dremora Lords at all times. No way would I go in there solo, much less with a mortal companion. ;)

Lisa

Lisa
I think it's beautiful... So magical ^_^
I love the deep glowing pools and the colourful plants.. I just love it.
The more quests there the better!