• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Xarnac

They are not there, they were driven out. Whether by diplomacy of fighting they were kicked/driven, which is what I've always said. If MK has no problem with it being put this way, then it doesn't really matter what anybody says. Everything I've said stands.

Funny how nobody could refute my initial point, but wanted to try to unravel every semantic I wrote.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
....I could not find anything online to support her statement.....
It actually is based upon what was stated in the The Great War (to avoid confusion this is the same book that Xarnac and I are referring to, it's just the short title).
A Concise Account of the Great War Between the Empire and the Aldmeri Dominion said:
In the end, the main Aldmeri army in Cyrodiil was completely destroyed....the great sacrifice of Imperial blood - Breton, Nord, and Cyrodilic - at the Battle of the Red Ring that weakened the Dominion enough to allow the eventual Second Treaty of Stros M'kai in 4E 180 and the withdrawal of Aldmeri forces from Hammerfell.
The book implies that the annihilation of the Thalmor army in Cyrodiil was pivotal to the success of the Redguards resistance against the Thalmor army in Hammerfell because they would have otherwise looked to the larger Thalmor forces in Cyrodiil for reinforcements against the Redguards.

Xarnac

Which has nothing to do with what I've said, and if anything bolsters it. Again, going for other types of arguments when all previous ones have failed, eh?

Grogmar Ghrobash

'Tis better to be alone, then of bad company.
You two keep changing up the context and even the matter of your arguments. I speak of validity, you try to refute it, you cant and change to another argument. There has been no fault in anything I have posted in this thread. I'm still waiting on an argument.

I don't know what you mean I've been arguing the same thing the whole time. And there's obviously been a fault with a few things of what you've said as it's been pointed out.

Xarnac

I don't know what you mean I've been arguing the same thing the whole time. And there's obviously been a fault with a few things of what you've said as it's been pointed out.
No, you haven't. You say something, I Prove it wrong, you go to another. The initial point was lost long ago.

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
They are not there, they were driven out. Whether by diplomacy of fighting they were kicked/driven, which is what I've always said. If MK has no problem with it being put this way, then it doesn't really matter what anybody says. Everything I've said stands.

Funny how nobody could refute my initial point, but wanted to try to unravel every semantic I wrote.

Um... I wasn't joining the debate. I was just stating what I knew/remembered about the event.

Grogmar Ghrobash

No, you haven't. You say something, I Prove it wrong, you go to another. The initial point was lost long ago.

I've been in multiple arguments on this thread. Each one holding onto one topic. No idea what you mean by me jumping to different things.

Xarnac

I've been in multiple arguments on this thread. Each one holding onto one topic. No idea what you mean by me jumping to different things.
You post a refute. I post what is known, you say yes, but, or of course but, and change the context, topic, point because you were proven incorrect. Dagmar seems to be doing it too, and actually arguing in favor of my initial point. All one has to do is read the entire thing to see it.

You two basically keep trying to refute things that Im not even saying, putting words into my posts essentially.

I say: Trees have leaves.

You say: No, some leaves are brown.

Grogmar Ghrobash

You post a refute. I post what is known, you so yes, but, or of course but, and change the context, topic, point because you were proven incorrect. Dagmar seems to be doing it too, and actually arguing in favor of my initial point. All one has to do is read the entire thing to see it.

Nope. I just read back through my post regarding you and they all stay on topic to what I was originally arguing about with you. Some of them have other stuff in it but only because it was mentioned in your post. Perhaps you took some of what I've said out of context. I've also not seen once that I've been proven incorrect by you. At least to my understanding.

Xarnac

Nope. I just read back through my post regarding you and they all stay on topic to what I was originally arguing about with you. Some of them have other stuff in it but only because it was mentioned in your post. Perhaps you took some of what I've said out of context. I've also not seen once that I've been proven incorrect by you. At least to my understanding.
Nope. Once we got past the fact that kicked/driven is an acceptable term, we get to my initial point, briefly. Then you go on about how the AD was weakened, as If I said they weren't. Then you go on about other things that have little to do with my point. Then we get back to the point, and you do not reply. Dagmar comes in with the same fallacious arguments and you both start back up.

If anything both of your arguments ended up giving my claim more believability. Which is why I posted in the first place. Because I already knew anything there was to know about it.

Dagmar

You two keep changing up the context and even the matter of your arguments. I speak of validity, you try to refute it, you cant and change to another argument.
No you speak in ways that imply things that never happened regardless of whether you're willing to recognize that. The way you chose to describe how the Thalmor left Hammerfell made it sound as if it was some kind of military route when nothing of the sort ever occurred. If you want to claim that wasn't what you meant then that's fine, but the point of my posts are to clarify what actually happened which shouldn't be any issue with you unless your trying to say anything more than what I've stated in far more clear terms than you.
Which has nothing to do with what I've said, and if anything bolsters it. Again, going for other types of arguments when all previous ones have failed, eh?
I know it's hard for your ego to grasp this concept but not everything I post is in response to you. I was addressing The Forgotten Septim

Xarnac

No you speak in ways that imply things that never happened regardless of whether you're willing to recognize that. The way you chose to describe how the Thalmor left Hammerfell made it sound as if it was some kind of military route when nothing of the sort ever occurred. If you want to claim that wasn't what you meant then that's fine, but the point of my posts are to clarify what actually happened which shouldn't be any issue with you unless your trying to say anything more than what I've stated in far more clear terms than you.

I know it's hard for your ego to grasp this concept but not everything I post is in response to you. I was addressing The Forgotten Septim
MK>you or anybody on this forum for that matter. Still waiting on the reason you've even replied to me? Everything I've said stands.

Grogmar Ghrobash

Nope. Once we got past the fact that kicked/driven is an acceptable term, we get to my initial point, briefly. Then you go on about how the AD was weakened, as If I said they weren't. Then you go on about other things that have little to do with my point. Then we get back to the point, and you do not reply. Dagmar comes in with the same fallacious arguments and you both start back up.

I think you've been taking this whole thing wrong. I've been arguing that the Empire had helped in the Redguards fight against the Dominion by leaving a weakened force in Hammerfell. As you've said above. And I stopped replying because I said we should just agree to disagree. Although you ignored it I stayed with it for a while because I had better things to do with my day at the time.

Xarnac

I think you've been taking this whole thing wrong. I've been arguing that the Empire had helped in the Redguards fight against the Dominion by leaving a weakened force in Hammerfell. As you've said above. And I stopped replying because I said we should just agree to disagree. Although you ignored it I stayed with it for a while because I had better things to do with my day at the time.
Then why are you arguing, since I've never said anything that can be refuted?

Dagmar

MK>you or anybody for that matter. Still waiting on the reason you've even replied to me? Everything I've said stands.
I've already stated the reason. I can't help you if you're incapable of understanding it.

Grogmar Ghrobash

Then why are you arguing, since I've never said anything that can be refuted?

Lol, because you've been saying things that could be argued. Just not in your stubborn mind.

Xarnac

I've already stated the reason. I can't help you if you're incapable of understanding it.
You've had no reason or argument for that matter, just:

MK>fans, including me.

Lol, because you've been saying things that could be argued. Just not in your stubborn mind.
No, they cant. As can be seen as you kept changing the argument. Still have yet to hear an argument against anything I have said.

Grogmar Ghrobash

No, they cant. As can be seen as you kept changing the argument.

Nope, pretty sure I've just told you I haven't been changing the argument.

Xarnac

Nope, pretty sure I've just told you I haven't been changing the argument.
Simply reading the thread says otherwise. But even if you didn't change your argument, which you did, you can't refute my initial point. Which you still conviently do not acknowledge. Nobody has. You two just want to refute words you put in my texts lol.

Once you get past the term driven/kicked being kosher, you learn how the Redgurads fought them off single handedly. And I'm still waiting on something trying to confute my initial point.