• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Harc

Big Hog
I absolutely hate forsworn Briathearts. They are just wilderness loving slobs that wear plops armor. But for some reason, their weapons made of sticks and stone are very deadly

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
Yep, thats morokie, the hardest dragon priest on the game if not the hardest enemy period! I have been killed by that particular asshole on skyrim more times than i've died in dark souls total! And trust me thats saying something, i can't stand him.

Coincidentally, I just killed him for you a little bit ago...I'm glad I read the postings first, since this is the first time I've ever had to fight Morokei and had no idea of what to expect from him.

Two perma-cast potent Storm Thralls, Dual-cast Chain Lightening w/Impact, a couple of Destruction Elixers, massive amounts of Magicka regen gear/potions, and an 85% Magic Resistance helped quite a bit, as well.

I wasted the two wizard thralls first, before I went to town on the Dragon Priest himself. Luckily I killed him on the first time through, since his lightening is really, really nasty.

The Defeat of Morokei by Zanathra Burningstar (Level 37 Breton Dragon Mage/ Expert Difficulty)
idccxv.jpg
Yea he uses thunderbolt as his destruction spell, thats why its so powerful, he's endlessly spamming the most damaging shock destruction spell on the game. Back when i was getting embarrassed by him i had no idea how to fight him, and it didn't help that i was a warrior with almost no magic skills invested at all! Eventually i learned through experimentation that conjuration is a must when fighting him and the first time i got him it was with flame atronachs and a fuk ton of magicka potions. After that i never challenged him unless i had dremora lord conjurations or the sanquine rose.
Btw sweet looking character! What armor is that???
I have never had any trouble with Morokie. Even by myself, he's usually quite easy for me to kill. I had no idea people were actually having trouble with him.... even my Dremora Markynaz could 1v2 him and whatever he summoned.

Staff member
And I despise Legendary Dragons on Legendary difficulty. They are near invincible, and most of the time take over 50,000 damage from my super upgraded emergency gear. Not only that, but their fire and frost breath drains your hp at a stupid rate, killing you in mere seconds. Their curse thing they do that drains health and stamina is also extremely annoying, and if you forget to watch your health, it will outright kill you. That's not even the worst part. All of their melee attacks trigger automatic Finishing Moves, which imo finishing moves were a good idea put into effect terribly. You have no chance to dodge, no chance to block, no nothing. I can dodge all of a dragon's melee attacks and avoid the breath attacks.... but those dam* finishing moves.... no enemy in the game has made me angrier than a Legendary Dragon on a higher difficulty.

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
@Gidian- He's fairly easy long as your conjuration is at a decent level and your using lots of atronachs in the fight. If your saying your beating him without conjurations tho your either on the easiest diff or i want vid proof.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
I actually beat him using nothing but destruction and alteration.

Staff member
Coincidentally, I just killed him for you a little bit ago...I'm glad I read the postings first, since this is the first time I've ever had to fight Morokei and had no idea of what to expect from him.

Two perma-cast potent Storm Thralls, Dual-cast Chain Lightening w/Impact, a couple of Destruction Elixers, massive amounts of Magicka regen gear/potions, and an 85% Magic Resistance helped quite a bit, as well.

I wasted the two wizard thralls first, before I went to town on the Dragon Priest himself. Luckily I killed him on the first time through, since his lightening is really, really nasty.

The Defeat of Morokei by Zanathra Burningstar (Level 37 Breton Dragon Mage/ Expert Difficulty)
idccxv.jpg
Yea he uses thunderbolt as his destruction spell, thats why its so powerful, he's endlessly spamming the most damaging shock destruction spell on the game. Back when i was getting embarrassed by him i had no idea how to fight him, and it didn't help that i was a warrior with almost no magic skills invested at all! Eventually i learned through experimentation that conjuration is a must when fighting him and the first time i got him it was with flame atronachs and a fuk ton of magicka potions. After that i never challenged him unless i had dremora lord conjurations or the sanquine rose.
I have never had any trouble with Morokie. Even by myself, he's usually quite easy for me to kill. I had no idea people were actually having trouble with him.... even my Dremora Markynaz could 1v2 him and whatever he summoned.
But probably because I don't really use magic....

Staff member
@Gidian- He's fairly easy long as your conjuration is at a decent level and your using lots of atronachs in the fight. If your saying your beating him without conjurations tho your either on the easiest diff or i want vid proof.
I don't typically follow questlines in Skyrim. I usually just wander around and level up. It could be that I was just overlevelled, but on master and legendary difficulty almost every enemy in the game become challenging. I will revisit him one day to give it another shot, but if you're having that much trouble with him use invisibility and muffle. As for video evidence, I don't have anything to record with, except my phone.

But challenge accepted. Legendary difficulty, new character, Morokie solo. No conjuration, no followers.

Staff member
Wolves. One of the fu**ers just gave me rock joint.

Ivory

Let's Player
Morokei never gives me trouble. Especially with warrior characters. I play on Master, and with my warriors I just rush him. He always uses the Magnus staff first, which is no danger to me since I don't invest in mana. When it gets low, I shield bash him and just spam that process until he dies. I usually manage to pin him against a wall too.

Vokun, Adhizal and my number one bane however. Now those three are monsters.

Who is this number one bane?

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
I dunno then, i personally don't believe u guys cuz my warrior character had maxed out 2 handed, heavy armor, smithing, and block! And when i tried rushing him with melee = 1 hit kill and immediate death every time. So unless u guys got a different version of the game i just don't see how thats possible on master diff, my armor rating was also capped btw.

Start Dale

I got 99 problems but a Deadra ain't one.
I have to say none of the Dragon Priests really bothered me. As soon as saw the tomb lid arockin/crumblin i charged full pelt shouted full unrelenting force into nearest wall then slapped them with Battleaxe till they died.
Morokei was a little trickier add running round erratically healing self and more than one shout used plus some arrows from behind things. But still i've faced harder Falmer.

Ivory

Let's Player
I dunno then, i personally don't believe u guys cuz my warrior character had maxed out 2 handed, heavy armor, smithing, and block! And when i tried rushing him with melee = 1 hit kill and immediate death every time. So unless u guys got a different version of the game i just don't see how thats possible on master diff, my armor rating was also capped btw.
Having capped armor and maxed out skills doesn't make you unstoppable. It's how you use the skills to your advantage along with the perks you invest in.

Also armor doesn't matter when it comes to magic. It's about enchantment.

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
Having capped armor and maxed out skills doesn't make you unstoppable. It's how you use the skills to your advantage along with the perks you invest in.

As for skill i've beaten the main story several times on master diff, 1 time i even did it wearing only robes so my skill on this game speaks for itself bro.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Technique? I find that a tank is very affective against this kind of guy. The main thing is making sure to dodge. I would even think about facing Morokie with a mage, let alone Alduin! Good grief, how could you get anything done? You're level would have to be so high that it was insane. Smart a** comment next: "So don't let him hit you!"! :)

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?

As for skill i've beaten the main story several times on master diff, 1 time i even did it wearing only robes so my skill on this game speaks for itself bro.
Actually, I don't find the main story line all that difficult. There are far far worse ones and far far more dangerous ones in Skyrim. Frankly - I just hate Dragon Priests as a whole and my only method to beat them is to rush 'em in heavy armor after hitting 'em a few times with a really, really strong bow (preferably enchanted). Every time I try to take one on with a squishy mage I get slammed. I do have to admit that my new battle mage (being able to do both, of course) has beaten 4 in the last few days (including Morokei) by 1) Hitting a few times with arrows; 2) double casting lightning at them until their magic comes down a bit ; and 3) bombing in and hitting them over and over with my trusty 2 handed sky-forge (best suggestion any of you ever made was to invest in skyforge steel - it rocks!).

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation

Actually, I don't find the main story line all that difficult. There are far far worse ones and far far more dangerous ones in Skyrim. Frankly - I just hate Dragon Priests as a whole and my only method to beat them is to rush 'em in heavy armor after hitting 'em a few times with a really, really strong bow (preferably enchanted). Every time I try to take one on with a squishy mage I get slammed. I do have to admit that my new battle mage (being able to do both, of course) has beaten 4 in the last few days (including Morokei) by 1) Hitting a few times with arrows; 2) double casting lightning at them until their magic comes down a bit ; and 3) bombing in and hitting them over and over with my trusty 2 handed sky-forge (best suggestion any of you ever made was to invest in skyforge steel - it rocks!).
Well, have u tried dodging lighting? Its the fastest projectile on the game, in order to avoid it u either have to be ethereal, behind cover or they have to miss, either way its not an easy task especially on a king plops dragon priest who btw is using the most powerful shock spell on the game with Thunderbolt!! and he ain't gonna miss! Sure the main story ain't all that hard but on master diff u can't fuk around on it, i was just using that as an example anyway.
If u enjoy playing mages do what i do and deck him out in big ass smithed heavy daedric! He may not look the part but he sure as hell will act the part! lol plus u ain't gotta worry about those 1 hitter quiters that way. ;)

blackieox

Jordan Stormblade Nightingale, blade, dragonborn
bloody DRAGONS they piss me off so much they start attacking you and then fly away then when you least expect it they fly back and land on you with full health AAAHHH so annoying!!!!

Black Orchid

Death Incarnate
Yep, thats morokie, the hardest dragon priest on the game if not the hardest enemy period! I have been killed by that particular asshole on skyrim more times than i've died in dark souls total! And trust me thats saying something, i can't stand him.

idccxv.jpg

Thanks for the compliment; the armor is the Witch of the Wild mod, which can be found here (the glowing sigils are part of the armor):

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/38164//?

The firepower with which I used to kill that creepy Dragon Priest might have been a little on the excessive side, but I wasn't gonna take any chances. Also, using cover and the Storm Thralls really helped. The dual cast chain lightning helped keep his magicka down, as well.

At LvL 10 That Skooma Quest where you go to a cave with a bartender and several other low life's , The boss in there gave me rael trouble with the big two handed broad sword. I would kill one of the lackies then run out , then go back again etc . I finally bought a couple of paralize potion's , and got a # 2 sneak power shot on him then , used animal command and the Wolves in there had a good time rippin him up all the while I was enjoying watch them tear him limb from limb. Boy that was the Best ever.

At LvL 10 That Skooma Quest where you go to a cave with a bartender and several other low life's , The boss in there gave me rael trouble with the big two handed broad sword. I would kill one of the lackies then run out , then go back again etc . I finally bought a couple of paralize potion's , and got a # 2 sneak power shot on him then , used animal command and the Wolves in there had a good time rippin him up all the while I was enjoying watch them tear him limb from limb. Boy that was the Best ever. Quest takes place in Riften area.