• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

dbukalski

Am I doing something wrong or is it part of the game balance. But I usually have trouble summoning thralls(the permanent variety). Making 10+ attempts to get one up. Is it to prevent spamming them in combat?

Windress

Whats your Conjuration level? And what perks have you chosen? Are you using the Master Conjuration Perk?

dbukalski

conjuration 100
maxed out perks for summong thralls

The only thing I can think of is without the atronach stone(+50 magicka) and 29% conjuration reduction from equipment I wouldnt be able to cast. Maybe some combination of these things makes it be that way

ActOfGod

Let's kill someone!
Do they not spawn when you cast? You could be aiming too far away, and therefore cannot spawn them that far from yourself. I think the cursor turns read when this happens.

Windress

Do they not spawn when you cast? You could be aiming too far away, and therefore cannot spawn them that far from yourself. I think the cursor turns read when this happens.

A good point. Is your Magicka actually depleting when you attempt to cast and fail? Or does it return because the attempt did not succeed?

dbukalski

they dont spawn when I cast, well they do eventually but I make like 10+ attempts to make it happen. I do it at all ranges. Right at my feet, way out far(when it usually works).

The mana will act all kinds of ways. I charge up to cast and it depletes then stops depleting(with mana to spare). Sometimes after the failed casting attempt it bounces back fast. Sometimes after the failed attempt it recharges at used mana speeds.

Black-Tongue

Prey approaches...
I know what is causing it.

Sometimes with summoning spells, your magicka absorptionor resist absorbs the spell and renders it ineffective. A Glitch. Happens to me all the time with dremoras. It goes through the animation but cuts short and refills my mana bar without summoning anything.

I too have noticed that thralls are hard to get up sometimes.

Are you using a breton?

dbukalski

ah yes thanks I remember reading about that now. I am using 30% absorb magic from alteration and 50% from atronach stone