• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Salthar observed the reunion between father and daughter with a disgusted sneer. Although he would never admit it, the closeness the two shared made the vampire more than a little uncomfortable. It started him wondering about what would have happened if their roles were reversed. Would Salthar come charging in to save a child of his if he or she were captured? 'Certainly not' he thought 'if any child of mine were so incompetent to be captured, they would deserve exactly what they got'. He told himself angrily, and shook his head, to clear it of such useless clutter. He stared at the Imperials' back, wondering why the name 'Psyrakon' sounded so damn familiar.

He was certain he had never seen, nor spoken to this man before in his life. That troubled the vampire greatly, because he didn't like questions he didn't have the answers to. Especially this man, a general that lead the undisciplined rabble that was the Stormcloaks. Even more curious, was the strange mental bond that the young woman seemed to have with her troops, and perhaps her father. Vampires too had a link, strongest between younger vampires and their sire, although it depicted emotions, feelings,scents, and locations, rather than words.
    If words was how the two communicated. Salthar knew that if the civil war had still been raging on, it would have been simplicity itself to order a Thalmor grab team to simply capture the pair and bring them to the Embassy, or perhaps send them back to the Isles.

Unfortunately, the war was over, and that complicated things. All Thalmor, (those that had survived) had pulled back to the Isles months ago. If Salthar would have still been alive, he too would have retreated. He stayed because of an understanding between himself, and the Thalmor high command: Salthar would work with the Thalmor, and assist them should the need arise, in exchange for the title of lord, and an estate in the city of Alinor. They'd agreed, and the Altmer vampire had so far been left in peace to run his coven from the Bloodlet Throne. Thinking back to the matter at hand (the two Imperials) he thought that he could have a group of vampires go after them, capture them, and hold them until Salthar's business abroad was complete.

First, however, the vampire needed more information, and he knew exactly who to contact. Sending out a mental call to one of his 'children' he sent a jumble of images: A stand of trees alongside the road, a small hamlet, rushing water, the smell of humans, blue clad soldiers. Now all the vampire lord had to do was wait patiently. Satisfied that his minion would arrive in the next twelve hours, the vampire turned his attention back to the father and daughter pair. "You are not quite safe yet, general" he said, putting a mocking twist on the mans' title.

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo
    Severus went back to carving and smoothing out the piece of wood when he heard someone come in the door. He didn't bother getting up. He already knew who was behind him. The female argonian... Pheonix was it? Had spoken up.

"I see the girl is standing down, but she looked a little dumbfounded when I came in." Chuckling Severus said allowed, "That would be my doing, she has finally come to terms that her 'prince charming' isn't so 'charming' after all." Scoffing he continued to carve while she continued to talk. "I can fix your shirt for you later if you wish. Right now the captain guy is here to discuss the release of his daughter. Would you like to join us in the discussion?" Sighing for a moment he took a deep breath. Oh this day was bitting him in the ass. "Those will both be... Acceptable. Thank you." Setting down the wood and blade he got up and he heard a tearing sound. Looking down he saw the bottom part of his pants caught and tore the fabric in half. So his right pant leg had a huge gash on the outer part of it, Resulting in a lot of leg showing, almost to his hip. "Oh for the love of... Why does this keep happening to me? I swear..." He grounded out in frustration, "Well there is no way I'm gong out there prancing about stark naked, the only exception being a loin cloth and shoes. I suppose I have to tough it out." Growling he walked to the door toward the Argonian before h bitched at her, "Time to talk to daddy dearest. Just hope he isn't much of a whiner as the girl." Muttering at his bad luck for the past few days he walked into the main chamber and crossed his arms over his bare chest.

"Well oh gracious General? I've decided to grace you with my presence. I hope I don't disgust you too much."

Znowcicle

Chimera~
    Phoenix rolled her eyes at Severus' haughtiness. Were all vampires this moody, she thought to herself as she followed him out of the door and into the area where everyone else was. She found a chair and pulled it towards the group before turning it around and sitting with the back of the chair against her chest. She flicked here tail to her left and curled the tip around the leg of the chair. It had become a bit of a habit since she had come to Skyrim...too many people would step on her tail just for plopss and giggles. Except, it wasn't that funny to her.

"If you're done reuniting can we get on with this? She was gone from your side for five minutes, if she really needs you that badly why is she even in the war?" She stared steadily at the two of them, waiting for the captain, general, or whatever to start the negotiation. She was tired of the Stormcloaks. She was tired of all the emotions, and she was definitely tired of seeing tears. She liked to think that the people of Skyrim would have been run dry by now because there was no point in crying. It didn't solve anything, and if you couldn't control yourself around strangers, like the people she found herself in the company of now, then what good were you?

Dabiene Caristiana

Severus smirked at what the Argonian said. True, she was in a dark spooky cavern with three evil vampires, oh no! Oh dear! Pfft.

Raising a brow at the Argonian he asked, "Where is Morrigan? Shouldn't she be joining us? Or did she go to pamper herself up like a drama queen? Oh Morrigan! We are waiting for your arrival your highness! Come out and grace the General and his daughter along with the rest of us with your... Elegance would you?"

In his mind he snickered. He liked getting on peoples nerves, and being an ass.

(OOC: Ain't that the truth? Anyway, I put something down to get the ball rolling again.)

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    (OOC: Sorry about going so long without posting. I've been focused on other RP's and just couldn't get to this. Hope I can get things moving again. Also, I'm not quite sure how to resolve this here standoff but I'll do my best.)

Alice ignored the Argonian and the Nord vampire. They were the last people to have the right to judge her and they were simply feeding off of the cruel Breton woman's comments. She was still ashamed at crying in front of the enemy but at least her dad was here to protect her. This gave her the necissary strength to metaphorically and literally stand on her own two feet. She let go of her dad and gave the argonian and two vampires a calm and serious look. The female vampire was elsewhere. They would have words later.

"We don't need that bitch to continue." Alice said in response to the Nord vampire. "First of all, let's recap the event that led us all here shall we? Your Thalmor friend severely injured two of our men, fled into the barrow with his Nord friend, forced us to release a horde of drauger to get them out causing the deaths of half a dozen soldiers and fled here to a secret hideout under then inn that no one seems to know about. In other words, you've all been disruptive."

She turned to Simus, who let her have the floor and would interject if needed.

"However, our response to this could have been handled better, I'll be the first to admit that. I've gathered that this is your residence madame argonain. I'm sorry for coming in uninvited. If you allow us to leave in peace my father and I will see to it that this place remains a secret."

"As of now, only the two of us know about this place and we're willing to keep it that way." Simus said. He looked at the two vampires. "Now gentlemen, under normal circumstances, you would both be charged with assault and most likely killed. Especially you." He said, glaring at Salthar. Simus seriously considered having his men take the thalmor into custody and handed over to Ulfric. He had very special ways to entertain Thalmor prisoners, especially vampire ones. "However, we're willing to overlook that on accout of you did help us clean up our own mess and helped save the town. If you continue to cause trouble however, you will be dealt with like any other criminal. For now, let's all go bak to the inn and have a drink, I'll buy, and then just go our separate ways. Vampires, I have a couple of blood potions if you're interested. Also, where's R'alle? The Khajiit boy who was with you?"

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Salthar barely managed to keep from laughing in the generals' face. The man was smart enough to own up to his mistake with the draugr, but he was still a fool. "No, general. Under normal circumstances your dear daughter would be nothing more than a mess on the floor, and I would be long gone." The Altmer vampire corrected. He'd noticed the glare that the imperial was giving him, and it only peaked the vampires interest. Salthar wasn't particularly worried about the man attacking him, because after all, Salthar wasn't alone in the safe house, and he doubted that Severus would stand idly by. Salthar cast about with his mind, searching for the one mind that he'd sent a message to earlier. It was close, very close the Altmer vampire smiled coldly. "As for your offer...as much as I would love to continue being in your presence, I have an appointment to keep"

He stepped outside, and headed for the group of trees that he'd pictured before the man had engaged him in conversation and waited . He didn't need to wait very long. Leaves rustled, and the robed vampire turned to see a cloaked and hooded vampire emerging from the foliage. A black cloth covered up past his nose, revealing a pair of pure red eyes. Clearly male, and with a tail, the man was obviously a Khajiit. Well, Khajiit and something else, as well, judging by his pure red eyes. "You called?" The vampires' voice was dark and raspy, with a permanent snarl in his voice. The assassin was known as Karsh, a deadly vampire that was fiercely independent. Even Salthar didn't know how to find him. The assassin found you, if he wanted to.

"I need information, about a Stormcloak general here in Ivarstead" Salthar said, and the assassins eyes widened. Usually, Salthar only contacted the man to have high risk targets eliminated, not collect information. "I believe his name is Psyrakon. An Imperial, in Ulfrics' service. He has a lovely little daughter, black hair, strange choice of clothing. I need to know all about them...or their history at least" Karsh's eyes narrowed in thought. Then the Khajiit nodded his understanding. "This will take some time. I do not have enough resources to do this in a short amount of time..." Salthar thought for a moment, before removing one of his rings from his fingers. It was a silver band, with a single sapphire set into the stone. He tossed it to his fellow vampire, who caught it and stuffed it into a belt pouch. "Show that to any in my coven, and they should assist you" the Khajiit nodded once and was gone.

Znowcicle

Chimera~
    Phoenix tsked as the young girl spoke. Such strong language, she thought as she waited for her to finish her little mini speech. She listened as the general spoke, and then listened to the Thalmor Vampire before he disappeared out of the cave. He seemed too comfortable in her home, but then again he was dead...sort of. She touched the top of her thin fur shoes with her tail as she began to speak.

"I am not leaving my home again until your soldiers are well away, general. One like me does not simply get bought a drink by people like you without some sort of terrible hidden strings. So thank you for acquitting the charges against these people, and I pray that you and your daughter will keep your mouths shut tight about the ones in this home. There was a problem with the draughr awakening and nothing more happened. We don't bother you again, you don't bother us." She spoke calmly and without malice, or at least, as much as she could manage to keep out. She glanced at the Nord vampire and then looked over her shoulder around her surroundings.

"As for the Khajiit boy, he might be asleep somewhere. Poor lad. He's had a rough day."

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Simus gave a heavy sigh. Alice had done her part well but these people simply would not trust him. Even if he recalled all the men back to the barracks there would be no way to prove it to this woman. She would feel it was a trap. He and Alice meant her no harm, they knew that, but how could they show this argonian so?

"Alright." Simus said. "How about this: we all go together. You, me, Alice, and the vampires. We go first. That way if there's an ambush waiting for you, we act as shields. We should also probably leave R'alle a note if he wakes up. You don't have to hide down here you know, if that's what you're afraid of. I know what Ulfric's cronies have done to beastfolk. I've had to discipline my own men for things they've done. Or we can leave and you can hide down here forever for fear that I'll break my word."

Dabiene Caristiana

Severus just kepted on smirking. However the girl did have a point. Salthar did freak out. Although Severus couldn't blame the Mer. These days... Even the Stormcloaks grinded his 'dwarven gears'. Even if he only was half Nord.

After all the fuss was over and the General suggesting he and his daughter be in front he still didn't or rather, couldn't shake the feeling of mistrust. Although that was probably a trait of vampirism. After all, one would be nuts if they didn't require paranoia after being chased with pitchforks and torches after a nightly feeding on some cattle. Which by the way didn't taste half as delicious as human blood. But it was decent..

Sighing in annoyance Severus gave off a huff and sneered, "Alright. You and your precious daughter walk out first. And don't think I don't know about that little... Mind trick you can do. Oh don't misjudge me, I'm actually astounded one can master such things. Bravo. And no, that wasn't sarcasm, maybe just a pinch of jealousy. I'll get the princess Salthar, Argonian. Then check up on the cat. Believe me, if these two military commandars wanted to do anything they would have done it. Besides, you have the advantage of sticking a dagger in their backs or up to their throats as a warning if they behave badly. Use that to your advantage."

Striding over while pleasantly humming a tune quietly he stood before the door of where the 'princess vampire' was. "Definately a princess... That's for sure." He muttered. But deep in his subconcious it was for an entirely different reason. Knocking three times he opened the door and saw Morrigan sitting down next to the Khajiit boy with her head in her hands. He saw her glancing at the pendant that the khajiit boy had and looking down at the floor. Grimacing all the while.

Leaning against the doorway Severus started to miss his shirt. He wasn't cold or anything but he really didn't like showing off skin. He was a battered, broken and buised toy of Molag and Harkon's coven. And a plaything of Life's irony. Sure he was well toned and strong but he was covered with very faint scars. He was always self-conscious as a boy and when he as a young teen. Although he supposed that was normal. But then again he was never normal to begin with... Damn his parents and their blasted secrets.

"Septim for your thoughts?" He called softly. Severus folded his arms over his chest feeling his childhood's low self-esteem hit him again. The young vampire now had his father's teachings in his head, "Treat women with respect, never touch them or invade their personal space unless warranted. ALWAYS treat the fairer sex like a princess." Although the last part Severus huffed quietly outloud. He was sure his father just said that for farts and giggles. Salem always had an odd sense of humor. Never could tell weither he was serious or not. Besides... Severus was sure he broke all the teachings of his father. By now anyway. He basically treated everyone in his life like crap so far except the Argonian. Well, not really. But for the first time in a while he felt thankful for her fixing his clothes.

Standing up straight while still having his arms folded he strode over, grabbed another chair and spun it around so he sat down facing Morrigan while the chair was facing the other way. Essentially he was sitting on a chair backwards. Putting his arms on the back of the chair he tilted his head. His amber eyes careful not giving away any emotion.

"I don't know you, so I won't pry without your permission. But take it from me. It's hard to let go. But you never forget. Simplicity itself. I know... From experience." He look down at the floor for a minute then glanced at the pendant in the cats hand then looked over the boy. His breathing was normal, his heartrate was normal for his Race. Everything seemed fine for the boy so he turned his attention to the woman across from him. "The General offered a peace offering of sorts and asked to 'talk it over with a pint'." He scoffed at the thought.

The male vampire sat in thought for a while before displaying genuine concern. "Are you alright? I know I've been a royal ass since we've met but... I haven't been in a good mood for... Years really." 'Haven't been in a good mood for years? What in Oblivion was that? You might have just said "I'm going to be a jerk from now on since I've been one for years so stay away from me". You idiot.' Swiftly standing up he cleared his throat before she could answer he looked at her and spoke in a neutral tone, "Well, the boy is fine. You're... Decent. Unless you want to come I'll be going with the General to talk things over. Are you coming or not? It'll only be a while... You could use rest yourself."