18+ Thus it is written

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
Authors Note: This fanfic will be a very ambitious one, and will take place well after the civil war in Skyrim, which means, new towns, villages, forts, and castles will have appeared, along with different factions. It is also heavily based off of the amazing roleplay, What Lurks in the Dark. Which also means, the wonderful Aethalia will be co-writing this with me. A huge thanks to my fellow RP'ers that granted me permission to use their characters!Which makes it very possible that she'll write one chapter, and I'll write another. Anyone that disagrees with this method, feel free to not read on. I'll now post the factions, cities and of course, characters of import.

Factions

The Circle of Nine: A faction lead by powerful liches, with thousands of followers, most of them worshippers of Daedra. Their ultimate goal is to bring about the end of the world, through bloodshed, chaos, and misery.

The ShadowFang Coven: Under the command of Salthar Vivarian, a powerful coven of vampires situated in the bloodlet throne, and with power bases throughout Tamriel. They seek to control, rather than destroy the world, which makes them sworn enemies of the Circle of Nine. The two factions are in an almost constant power struggle.

The Sentinels: The remnants of the Dawnguard, that had been shattered in the last war. Now they wander the lands, putting down vampires and Daedra wherever they find them, although they are often the hunted, rather than the hunters, due to their small numbers.

Rangers: Lead by Arthonir Goldblade, they guard the wilds of Skyrim, although their influence has spread to Cyrodiil and High Rock in recent years.

Locations

Halven-A small town, west of Dawnstar. Serves mainly as a resting point for soldiers and merchants on their way to either Windhelm or Dawnstar.

Fort Greenguard: The base of the Rangers. South east of Falkreath.

Fort Barrow: One of the forts under the control of the Shadowfang coven. Almost constantly under siege by the Circle of Nine.

(Other locations will be added as the story continues)

Important Characters

Arthonir Goldblade, Nord male, leader of the Rangers

Avaria Morne, Altmer female, vampire, member of the Shadowfang Coven

Aliah Stormwind, Altmer female, vampire

Donath Stonesplitter, Nord male, general

Torin Greenbow, Nord male, ranger

Tyresius Vonn, Imperial male, Sentinel

Trathus Ruun, Breton male, Cultist of Molag Bal

Salthar Vivarian, Altmer male, Leader of the Shadowfang Coven

Vast Hessiar, lich, member of the circle of nine