• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

solace84

God of the Arena
(This story follows Felian after the events of The Arena: Gladiators of Tamriel)
Summary: Felian the wood elf, branded outlaw to Cyrodil and criminal to Imperials because of the events that occurred in "The Arena", has headed far north into Dawnstar of Skyrim. The Jarl of the town has hired the elf to destroy a nest of vampires, the very vampires that plan to open a Hellmouth and bring a demonic army upon the world...

=============================================================

Felian:
images

Felian the wood elf rode into the cold city of Dawnstar. He wore Blades armor with a glass helmet and carried his elven bow across his back. An ebony shield hung from the left side of his horse, while his katana remain sheathed to the right. His horse trotted up the pathway slowly as he entered the seemingly deserted town. Nobody was out as he tied his horse's reigns firmly to a post next to the tavern of the town.
Felian had devoted his life now to helping others, after the events of the Arena. He made his name known through the many cities he went to. The people quickly established him a hero, the few that knew of him. He received a message a few months ago about the town of Dawnstar being in great peril. Though the threat was unknown to him, he pursued it anyway.
The wood elf entered the tavern, to find a small few people inside. He walked to the barkeep.
"I like your armor," the keep said as he approached.
"Thanks," Felian said, removing his helm. "Odd weather here, hard to tell if it is night or day."
"Yeah, it's day time just them clouds seem to hover around," the barkeep said. "Sometimes it stays dark as the night all day. I suppose you need a room to stay..."
"Yes please," the wood elf replied. "But that's not why I'm here. My name is Felian and I heard this city might need some help."
"You're speaking of the brutal murders and disappearances going around," the keep said. "It's been happening a lot less of late, I assume 'cause there ain't nobody left in this town but a few. You wanna speak to the Jarl Skald, a few houses over."

When Felian entered the Jarl's house he was greeted by a Nord, who stuck a blade toward him.
"Who are you stranger?" the Nord asked.
"Felian," he replied. "I was given this note..."
"Let him pass," yarl Skald the Elder demanded. Felian came up to his throne. "I sent that letter off to find any hero a year ago, and here finally one comes. Have my prayers been answered?"
"He doesn't look like much," a Nord said from behind.
"Felian," the yarl began. "Something has been hunting my town here for the past year. This town used to flourish, even in these harsh weather conditions. Many families were protected under my rule here, until the threat came. It's bound by the night. I have not seen it myself, but it is dangerous. We've found town folk after town folk popping up here and there in the water, dead. Usually the flesh from their necks are ripped off...and we have countless other missing people. Most have left because of this threat."
"Has anyone seen it?" Felian asked.
"None of the living, sadly," the elder man spoke. "There is speculation as to what it is. Some think it to be a hideous beast roaming for food. Maybe, but our men here have hunted down countless ice trolls in the mountains. Others think they are just bandits, as one guard found many footprints one night, but the snow always covers them up to quickly. Whatever the threat is, I've ordered a lockdown at nightfall. No one on the streets, even my few guards. The darkness takes everything that is upon the streets. Since this order, we few survivors have been okay. Maybe the threat left, I can not be certain but I would not risk it. You are the first to come help us Felian, and I thank you for that. You will be paid greatly if you solve this problem we have."
"I'll see what I can do," Felian said. "Tonight, I'll be on watch for anything."

The night came hours later, bringing a thunderstorm with it. Felian hid on a docked boat, overlooking the small town. His horse stirred near the tavern with every sound of thunder. Felian waited patiently throughout the night.

(continued...)

solace84

God of the Arena
(continued...)

The night ended and the sun came shortly after. Nothing had happened, and Felian grew tired. He slept through the rest of the day at the inn, waking at the first instant of darkness...
"I need a decoy," Felian told the Jarl. "I need a human decoy. Do you have anyone?"
"I would not let anyone do such a thing," the Jarl said. "It's too dangerous."
"I will help you, elf," came a soft voice. Felian turned around to see a woman, she was cloaked in ebony armor and seemed to be of Nordic decent. She was well built, yet beautiful in her own right.
"I am Ardenelle," she said. "I believe your enemies here are vampires. A wild bunch that strikes this town for amusement."
"And how would you know this?" asked Felian.
"I've been tracking them for some time," she responded. "Vampires killed my family long ago. Ever since I've been killing them, yet this bunch has a stealth way about them. I've found it difficult to find them."
"Perhaps they know you are on their trail," said Felian. "Regardless, if it is vampires, they will not be able to resist blood. We must fill the airs with it, if we wish to stop them."
"I have many lambs you could sacrifice," the yarl said.
"Perfect," said Felian.

(continued...)

solace84

God of the Arena
Ardenelle:
96321662_photobucket_1342_.jpg

The lambs were slaughtered and their blood spread across the town in every corner they could find. Felian and Ardenelle stayed in a ragged old cabin, on the northern side of town. It was freezing because it was so close to the ocean, but it provided shelter. There were cracks and holes all along the cabin, providing for eyesight.
"Tell me Ardenelle," Felian said. "If you've been tracking these 'vampires' for so long, how come the Jarl just met you.
"I try to avoid him," she replied. "Poor old man has too many things to fear for this town. When I noticed you had come, I figured we could work together and here we are."
"Have you ever killed a vampire?" asked the wood elf.
"I've slain three in my life," she responded. "They are stronger and faster than humans, so you have to aim to sever, preferably the head."
"I'll try to remember that," he said.
"Tell me about yourself Felian," she had changed the subject. "You seem like you have a story."
"We all have stories," he replied. "It does not matter anymore. I just want to help people."
"No family?"
"They were murdered long ago," he said.
"...I'm sorry," she said.
"It's okay, I've taken my revenge upon their killers. I came to Skyrim because there is a lot of pain here. I have a duty now, and that is to protect."
"How brave of you," she smiled. "Or dumb, you'll probably get yourself killed you keep it up."
"If that is my path then so be it," he said. The wood elf heard something she did not and he paused her with his hands. They looked through a crack in the cabin, patiently.
"What is it?" she whispered.
"Look at the tavern," Felian said. "On the roof."
She looked and saw nothing at first, but then noticed a shadowy figure moving upon the rooftop. It seemed to be crawling around. She then noticed more figures, all upon the rooftops. They moved silently and swiftly, scouting the town.

(continued...)

solace84

God of the Arena
"What are they doing?" Ardenelle asked as she held a tight grip on her two-handed silver tipped axe.
"They are scouting the town for 'real' food," Felian responded.
Suddenly they heard cries from a young girl, a child. She suddenly appeared, alone, in the center of the town. She was crying, as the shadows loomed around the rooftops.
"What?..." Ardenelle gasped. "Where did that little girl come from? We have to save her."
Ardenelle went to open the door, but Felian stopped her.
"Wait," he demanded.
One of the houses opened and an old lady rushed out of the house toward the girl.
"Poor child, come with me," the old lady said as she grabbed the girl. The girl's face suddenly changed, and her eyes glowed a faint red as she started giggling. The old lady saw her face change and she screamed in horror as the little girl bit into her flesh on her hand. The shadows on the rooftops leapt down in a quick flurry, and they all pounched on the old lady. She screamed as the vampires tore her apart, blood spirting up in the air. It happened so fast, that there was nothing Felian could do.
"Oh my God," Ardenelle said. "We have to do something."
"We can do nothing for her," said Felian. "We wait until they leave...then follow them."

(continued...)

Star Gazer

Loving this, bro! Felian is a good character. Keep it up! I recently posted Isnar's life story, you should check it out!

solace84

God of the Arena
(continued...)

Ardenelle had a rough time keeping up with the wood elf. He moved through the darkness and snow with great ease, leaping through the snow as if barely touching it. She stumbled as her feet sunk in the snow deeply, yet she pressed on hoping not to lose Felian.
The wood elf followed the vampire tracks up a steep climb, until he found their lair. It was a cave within the mountain, seemingly untouched for many years. Frost and icicles hung from the entrance, and the ground seemed slippery. Ardenelle made her way up the pass, breathing strongly.
"I'm normally fast on my own..." she started. "But you, you are ridiculous."
"Stay here," Felian said. "Watch the entrance and stop anything other than me that may come out."
"Whoa, hold on there," she said. "What am I, your sidekick? I've actually killed vampires before, which is more than you can say. I have experience, if anything, you're the sidekick."
"Fine, but stay behind me," he said. "...sidekick."
She sighed with agreement and the two entered the cave.

(continued...sorry not a lot of time going into this but I'll continue anyway...)

solace84

God of the Arena
(continued...)

They slowly made their way inside, as silent as they could be. The air stank of death and gave a slight chill along with it. The pathway led them to a large cavern, which had a river running through it. Above them the walls opened slightly and few faint stars could be seen, far off in the night sky. There were small one-person holes carved into the walls of the cavern, all around like a beehive. The vampires were great in number, and they were everywhere. Most wore cloaks of dark color, while they chanted a ritual in unison. A master vampire stood in the center of a ring on the floor, which was surrounded by candles and had an ancient marking over it.
"What is that?" Ardenelle asked.
"A portal," responded Felian.
"To what?..."
"On this night we make history my fellows," the master vampire called out, his voice echoing throughout the cavern. "One-thousand souls our Lord has needed, and this night we give it to him! Bring forth the final key to the Hellmouth."
Other vampires bring a young boy toward the circle, the look of fear upon his face.
"This child carries the blood of our immortal God fathers," the master vampire spoke. "He is the last descendant of their line...the final key to opening the hellmouth and bringing forth our demonic kin to this world. A world that shall be ours!"
"Go back to Dawnstar," Felian whispered to Ardenelle. "Inform the Jarl and everyone else to be ready for a fight."
"I won't leave you," she said.
"You have to," Felian demanded. "There are too many of them. I can not handle their number. You must do this."
"What are you going to do?"
"I have to save that child," he replied. "I will try to get us back to Dawnstar, now go!"
She obeyed and left. Felian continued to watch, preparing a plan.
The vampires continued with their ceremony, and Felian noticed an aura coming from the Hellmouth. It was a mystical energy of souls trying to be freed.
Felian noticed the vampires had flags of their symbol placed all around the cavern, some larger than others. Along the cave wall nearby their were torches, supporting light throughout. Felian stuck his arrows in the flame of the torches, creating fire arrows.
"And thus it be done," the master called. "With this child's blood spilt upon the Hellmouth, our Lord of the sixth plane of Oblivion shall be freed along with his army, our brothers. Together we shall take this world!"
"Please," the child cried as they put him before the circle of the Hellmouth. "I do not have the blood of any Gods. I am just a boy, my parents were Nords. Please!"
The vampires ignored the boys' cries and, the vampire holding him, brought a blade to his neck.
Felian fired a flamed arrow across the tavern, and it struck the largest flag bringing it up in flames quickly. The torched flag fell from the walls and landed around the confused vampires, bringing fire around them. Another arrow flew by the boy's face, killing the vampire holding him.
"Run child!" Felian yelled, and the boy darted up the cavernous pathway toward the wood elf.
"Stop them!" the master yelled and the vampires ran forward.
Felian slung three arrows at once, and released them all into different flags. The burning flags all fell upon the vampires, creating a mass of flames. Few vampires trailed the boy as he struggled up the pass, but Felian turned them to dust with well placed arrows. The boy finally reached him and they both exited the cave, into the dark cold night of the Pale.
"Run, to the town!" Felian yelled as he took out another vampire.
The boy ran with great speed now, determined to escape. Felian trailed not far behind, making their escape easier by picking off the vampires that he could.
The vampires rushed out of the cave in great numbers, and they followed the wood elf and the boy toward Dawnstar.

(continued...)

solace84

God of the Arena
(Continued...)

A loud horn blew as they approached the town. The Jarl and his fellow men stood readied for battle in front of the tavern.
"How many?" the Jarl yelled as Felian and the boy approached them.
"Dozens," Felian said. The vampires could be seen now from behind him, leaping through the snow as if they were animals.
"Archers ready!" the Jarl's commander, Elisef a Nord, called out. They were few, but they stood strong.
The vampires leaped over the tavern onto the rooftops, as well as running up from the ground.
"Fire!" the commander yelled as arrows were released and sent forth.
Few vampires fell, and soon the greater number was upon the humans.
"Attack!" the Yarl yelled, slinging his sword at one foe.
Ardenelle swung her axe and beheaded the first to approach her, as Felian seamlessly took down two more. "They need the boy" Felian said, as the child hid behind him.
Elisef took down a vampire with his blade, then another. The vampires' numbers increased though, and the humans quickly found themselves outnumbered.
"Kill them all!" a vampire commanded as he tore the heart out of a soldier.
The vampires swamped them quickly and the humans began to drop, one by one. Not only were the vampires more skilled with weaponry, but they also used their hands and teeth to shred the flesh from the townsfolk.
"Fall back, fall back," the jarl called out, as he split a vampire in half vertically.
Hell hounds soon showed up, and they leapt upon Elisef. The Nord slew two of them, but more came and they swamped him. Elisef screamed in great pain as the hell hounds ripped him apart.
"Vampires can not enter a building without permission," Ardenelle said, as the humans were retreating to the lesser parts of town. "Into the cabin!"
The few survivors went into a cabin, sealing the door shut with what furniture they could find. The vampires seemed to cease attack, and all became udderly silent. Felian, Ardenelle, the boy, the Jarl, three guards, and two townsfolk were all that remained within.
"This is Burnen's cabin," a scared townsfolk said, a female Nord.
"We should be safe here until morning," Ardenelle said. "They can't touch us in here."
A young girl appeared in the window from outside, she was the young girl vampire that tricked the old lady.
"You're all going to die!" the young vampire said and laughed, disappearing quickly.
"Why do they want this child?" the Jarl asked of the boy.
"He is blood kin to the Gods of old," Felian said. "The last of his kind. They need his blood to open a Hellmouth to Oblivion and release an army."
"Then we should kill the boy!" a guard said, gripping his sword tightly.
"No!" Felian yelled. "You will not touch him."
Suddenly, smoke began to fill the room. It poured in from the cracks underneath the cabin.
"What's happening?" a frantic townsfolk cried.
"They are burning the cabin!" the Yarl said. "They are going to burn us alive!"
The vampires had set the cabin to flame, encircling it from the outside.

solace84

God of the Arena
Felian could hear the cries of his horse outside, as the vampires tore the poor animal to shreads along with all of the others.
"We have no choice but to give up the boy!" the jarl said.
"You really think giving up the boy will make them leave at this point?" Ardenelle asked. "We have to take our chances against them."
The smoke poured in thicker, and they all began to cough. The walls began to catch flame, encompassing them in a heat wave.
"We can't go back out there," a lady cried. "They'll rip us to shreads. What do we do?"
"We head for the boat," Felian said. "We have to keep them off us long enough to get it moving."
"Then what?" asked the jarl. "We just give them my city? Leave this town to the vampires?"
"The town is lost," Ardenelle said.
"We come back with more men," Felian said. "When the sun shines brightest."
The jarl nods his head in agreement. "Okay," he said.
"Ready?" asked a guard, getting ready to open the doors.
"Stay close to each other, now!" yelled Felian and the guard slung the doors open.
The group ran out, and the vampires immediately attacked. The townsfolk lady was picked off from a leaping vampire, her screams could be heard as the group jumped upon the boat. Ardenelle slashed the robes binding the vessel with her axe in one clean 'swoop'. Felian fired arrow after arrow with amazing speed, bringing down the vampires one by one as they charged.
"Get her moving!" the jarl yelled to his guards as the boat barely budged. A vampire leapt onto the boat and pulled a guard overboard, into the shallow waters below. Another did the same, taking the Nord townsperson to his death.
"Faster!" the yarl screamed.
It was too late, the plan had failed. The vampires were upon the boat and it was barely moving. Felian and Ardenelle held them off as they could, but the vampires focused more on bringing the boat down. They leapt to it from the cold waters and began tearing away the wood in great chunks, an easy task for such strong creatures. The boat filled with water and would soon be going down.
"Abandon ship!" the yarl yelled as he and his men dove into the icy cold water.
"What do we do?" Ardenelle asked frantic, as the vampires only increased in numbers.
Felian did not know how to respond.

(continued..)

solace84

God of the Arena
Felian pushed Ardenelle and the boy into the freezing shallow waters, and followed himself. The vampires were too many, and the boat was filled with them now. Felian made his way to land, where Ardenelle and the rest already were. The vampires followed them from the boat and into the waters, they were quickly approaching.
"Lay down your weapons!" the master vampire yelled out, as the vampires encircled the small group.
Ardenelle looked to Felian for answers, but he had none. The wood elf tossed aside his katana and bow, the look of defeat upon his noble face. Ardenelle tossed her axe and the Jarl and a lone guard did the same with their weapons.
"Good," said the master as he approached, he was in vampiric form. His skin was pale gray and the demon within him gnarled of victory. "You know when you are defeated."
The master grabbed the only guard left and sunk his teethe deep into his neck as he screamed. The master tossed the guard's dead body aside.
"There now," the master spoke. "I was hungry. Take the boy, turn the girl. Feed on the Jarl."
"Wait, no..." the Jarl started, but a group of vampires swamped him and began feasting on his flesh. They ripped their heads back and forth as blood and skin flew around the air.
"What of the elf?" asked the young girl vampire, who had walked up to her master. She had a look of hunger in her eyes.
"Take him, unspoiled," the master said, which gave the girl a frown. "He has caused me great stress tonight, so his punishment must be more severe then the rest."
A vampire smashed Felian in the back of his head with the hilt of a sword. Felian blacked out...

...He awoke in the cavern. His eyes were blurry and his head still dazed, but he noticed the ritual was occurring again. The chosen boy was before the circle, his eyes crying and filled with fear. The vampires chanted on and on as the master stood before them. The Bosmer was bound of hand and leg in chains connected to the floor, there was nothing he could do.
"Rise my Lord," the master vampire said. "From this Hellmouth you will be freed!"
Ardenelle walked up to Felian, she was wearing a new outfit. It was scantily clad and very sexual, showing skin. Her eyes hued a different color, though Felian was too dazed to make the color out. She smiled as she bent over before him, he fangs enlarging before his eyes. She was a vampire.
"Poor Felian," she said. "All alone now."
"I'm sorry Ardenelle," Felian said with grief. "I failed you. I failed you all."
"It's better this way," she said. "I've never felt more...alive. I am free now Felian, don't you get it?"
"You're dead," Felian said.
"No, I'm not," she laughed. "I wanted this for you too, the power I feel now. It's too bad the master had different plans for you. Too bad he plans to feed you to his Lord, once he rises. You won't get to see it, but an army of us will come forth from that portal and we will take the world. It's quite a beautiful thing, I'm glad I'm on the winning side now."
Suddenly, the master vampire slits the throat of the chosen boy and he falls dead upon the circle. The blood instantly produces a steam like myst into the air. The symbols lighten and the entire cavern begins to shake.
"Be free!" the master yells out. "Be free!"
The cavern shakes more, causing rocks to crumble down. Some of the vampires look up and move to avoid getting hit, as they did not expect this.
"It is done," Ardenelle says and smiles.
Felian watches the cavern wall carefully and waits for his moment. Finally, a large pointed rock falls in his direction. He waits and then leaps up as the rock smashes down directly behind him, breaking off his shackles and freeing him. The rock blast was so powerful it knocked Ardenelle over.
Felian got up quickly and ran to a table where his weapons were and grabbed them. The wood elf, with lightning fast speed, equipped an arrow and fired it directly at the master. The master was caught off guard as the arrow flew into his throat, bringing him to his knees.
Felian swung his katana and beheaded a vampire approaching him, then hacked another in half. The Bosmer ran up to the master and beheaded him, as the masters body fell into the circle of the Hellmouth. The blood poured out of the masters' stump of a neck and onto the symbol, causing the reaction to die down and fade. The myst disappeared and the shaking stopped.
"No!" the little girl vampire yelled. "You ruined everything!"
"The blood of a God opens the mouth," Felian said. "But the blood of the master seals it. Good to know."
"Kill him!" the girl yelled.
Felian bolted for the exit, firing arrows into vampires along the way. He made it to the tunnel and noticed many rocks above him lingering as if to almost fall. Ardenelle came first through the tunnel.
"I'm sorry," Felian said as he fired multiple arrows up at the rocks, bringing them down together.
"No!" she yelled as the boulders crushed her and blocked the entrance to the cavern, trapping the other vampires inside forever.
Felian exited the cave and looked back upon the mountain, realizing what had just happened. They were all dead, everyone he tried to save. The townspeople, the Jarl, the boy...Ardenelle. He hung his head low as he walked through the snow, even his horse was dead. 'At least the evil is gone' he thought. The thought didn't help much. He continued walking, in a random direction. 'Perhaps the next place I go won't have vampires' Felian thought, hopeful. 'And maybe it'll be warm.' He smiled at the thought.

END.