OOC The Studies of Aethermancy and Scholomance

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

The Phantom

Consulting Criminal
    The Studies of Aethermancy and Scholomance

Exposition:
    This thread is to take place roughly 200 years after the events of Skyrim, and will go by the basic principals that the Dovahkin did indeed vanquish Alduin, the World Eater and Miraak; though his guilds will be left ambiguous. After the events of Dawnguard, the sun was occasionally blotted out by the Dragonborn to make events more convenient for him, however, after sustained use of Auriel's Bow for this purpose something went horribly wrong. The powers of Molag Bal infused within the Blood of a Daughter of Coldharbour were gradually weakening the aedric influence emanating from the sun (What remains of Magnus, the God of Magic) until rather suddenly, Nirn's sun was disconnected from the races of Tamriel. Though it still sustained Nirn and its inhabitants, it had become weakened to the point where only certain materials could establish control of magicka. All of the races of Tamriel, including the usually sensitive Altmer, were now unable to use magic unaided, and for many years, Tamriel was without magic. This ultimately brought about the downfall of the second Aldmeri Dominion, and the Empire reestablished itself as the ruling body on the continent. Now that for once in Tamriel's long history, the Empire had established peace, all nations willingly went under one banner, disbanding the Empire of Tiber Septim and it becoming the first Confederacy of Tamriel, a democratic and capitalistic society that thrived.

Despite the fact that Tamriel was without sorcery, two places formerly devoted to the study of the arcane remained. They were the Arcane University in what was formerly Cyrodiil (now referred to as, "The Capital"), and the College of Winterhold in Northern Tamriel, in what is still called Skyrim. They soon realised that if they were to have any hope of achieving their goal of reestablishing contact with Aetherius, they must merge together. The College building was abandoned, left to the seas, and the Arcane University became known as the School of Aethermancy. After years of research, it was discovered that if specific woods were to be merged with certain alchemical ingredients, they would react and allow a being to focus their magicka into a spell. Two variants were created, wands and staves. Examples of a wand/staff might be a pine wand, infused with a briarheart core, or oak and a heartstone core. These were seemingly sentient to a certain degree, and would only function for certain masters based on their personalities; certain combinations were also more efficient at different aspects of magic. Strangely though, their sentience was reflected through the fact that they only reacted to verbal commands from their masters, and non-verbal magic was difficult (though not impossible) to achieve.

The School of Aethermancy became an independent state over the next fifty years and was very selective about taking in new members, they soon became paranoid, as non-mages viewed them as a threat. The Elders of the school thusly cast a spell of concealment around the School, it essentially became both invisible and non-corporeal to those who were not inherently magicka sensitive. Though all races had at least some degree of magicka sensitivity left, a few individuals were far more sensitive than others. That is to say, should the average person attempt to wield a wand, it would most likely remain unresponsive or only produce pathetically weak spells, whereas should individuals who are more magically sensitive use one, they would be able to use it to its fullest potential. Therefore, the School of Aethermancy would seek out sensitive children and recruit them as students. From this point onwards, the main schools of magic: destruction, alteration, enchanting, restoration and illusion were classed within the term Aethermancy, as these were what the school solely taught. The students in the school were then placed within different guilds, based on their personalities. These guilds were that of Dolosus, Flamma and Callidus. The members of the guild of Dolosus are placed here due to their sheer cunning and potential as powerful mages; they are however shunned as somewhat arrogant and overly-ambitious people by the other guilds (though obviously, this was a generalisation) and their symbol is a Dragon. Those in the guild of Flamma are archetypically bold people, placed within the guild due to their ability to persevere and skill at field work and retrieval missions; their emblem is that of a Sabre Cat. Finally, those in the guild of Callidus are the best scholars in the school, and normally exceed with theory work though are considered to be lonely, submissive people. Their crest is a Spriggan.

Roughly fifty years later, some lost arts began to emerge. Two friends by the names of Corvus Larethian of guild Dolosus, and Titus Cicero of guild Callidus discovered old, forgotten and previously forbidden magics. They had begun to experiment with dark magic, necromancy and soul magic. These newly discovered forms of magic proved incredibly potent, Larethian accidentally murdered a fellow student, the lover of Titus, when reciting a soul magic spell he'd been practicing, tearing her soul from her body. This caused much outrage and the Elders of the school named these new arts Scholomance, and banned both their use and study. In-turn, Corvus thought that these new forms of magic shouldn't be wasted, as they surpassed Aethermancy in potency and could mean that mages wouldn't have to hide from the mortals for fear of persecution any longer. So, as he studied Aethermancy, he also secretly continued to study and invent Scholomance techniques, even converting other students to his cause. For years this continued, until finally he had grown so much in power that Titus was afraid of what he might do, and reported him to the Elders, who immediately expelled Corvus and all his colleagues from the school, breaking their wands and staves. This did not stop Larethian, who was now determined to overcome both the School of Aethermancy and conquer the Confederacy of Tamriel. Corvus had learned much of stave crafting, and forged himself a remake of his former staff, albeit shaped like a scythe, and crafted wands and staves for his followers. Then he founded the College of Scholomance in the former Winterhold college building, and declared war on the School of Aethermancy, recruiting magically sensitive children to his cause, and mimicking the guild system of his former school. Soon thereafter, his old friend, Titus Cicero, became High Elder of the School of Aethermancy, and now it seemed that there are only two possibilities: either the Scholomancers and Larethian will wipe out the Aethermancers and Cicero, or the Aethermancers and Cicero shall wipe out the Scholomancers and Larethian.

OOC:
    I do hope that that exposition has piqued your interest in my new thread and that you will think about applying. In the thread you may apply as a member of any school and any guild; we will accept up to eight members, including my co-host, Sid, and myself. The beginning of the thread will focus on us learning magic (We will be students) and then progress to the war between the schools.
    Below you will find a list of stave/wand materials, cores and their combinations. (I will admit that the concept of wand crafting and the personality matching/sentience was heavily inspired and the wood descriptions are by J.K.Rowling in her "Harry Potter" series) For the purposes of the thread, these are Titus' descriptions

Woods:

Alder
    "Alder is an unyielding wood, yet I have discovered that its ideal owner is not stubborn or obstinate, but often helpful, considerate and most likeable. Whereas most wand woods seek similarity in the characters of those they will best serve, alder is unusual in that it seems to desire a nature that is, if not precisely opposite to its own, then certainly of a markedly different type. When an alder wand is happily placed, it becomes a magnificent, loyal helpmate. Of all wand types, alder is best suited to non-verbal spell work, whence comes its reputation for being suitable only for the most advanced witches and wizards.”

Apple
    “Applewood wands are not made in great numbers. They are powerful and best suited to an owner of high aims and ideals, as this wood mixes poorly with Scholomance. It is said that the possessor of an apple wand will be well-loved and long-lived, and I have often noticed that customers of great personal charm find their perfect match in an applewood wand.”

Ash
    “The ash wand cleaves to its one true master and ought not to be passed on or gifted from the original owner, because it will lose power and skill. This tendency is extreme if the core is of briarheart. Those witches and wizards best suited to ash wands are not, in my experience, lightly swayed from their beliefs or purposes. However, the brash or over-confident witch or wizard, who often insists on trying wands of this prestigious wood, will be disappointed by its effects. The ideal owner may be stubborn, and will certainly be courageous, but never crass or arrogant.”

Aspen
    “Wand-quality aspen wood is white and fine-grained, and highly prized by all wand-makers for its stylish resemblance to ivory and its usually outstanding charmwork. The proper owner of the aspen wand is often an accomplished duellist, or destined to be so, for the aspen wand is one of those particularly suited to martial magic. In my experience, aspen wand owners are generally strong-minded and determined, more likely than most to be attracted by quests and new orders; this is a wand for revolutionaries.”

Beech
    “The true match for a beech wand will be, if young, wise beyond his or her years, and if full-grown, rich in understanding and experience. Beech wands perform very weakly for the narrow-minded and intolerant. Such wizards and witches, having obtained a beech wand without having been suitably matched (yet coveting this most desirable, richly hued and highly prized wand wood), have often presented themselves at the homes of learned wandmakers such as myself, demanding to know the reason for their handsome wand’s lack of power. When properly matched, the beech wand is capable of a subtlety and artistry rarely seen in any other wood, hence its lustrous reputation. ”

Cedar
    “ Whenever I meet one who carries a cedar wand, I find strength of character and unusual loyalty. The cedar wand finds its perfect home where there is perspicacity and perception. I would go further than my father, however, in saying that I have never yet met the owner of a cedar wand whom I would care to cross, especially if harm is done to those of whom they are fond. The witch or wizard who is well-matched with cedar carries the potential to be a frightening adversary, which often comes as a shock to those who have thoughtlessly challenged them."

Cypress
    “Cypress wands are associated with nobility. Fortunately, in these less blood-thirsty times, the possessors of cypress wands are rarely called upon to lay down their lives, though doubtless many of them would do so if required, they will die well however. Wands of cypress find their soul mates among the brave, the bold and the self-sacrificing: those who are unafraid to confront the shadows in their own and others’ natures. ”

Dogwood
    “Dogwood wands are quirky and mischievous; they have playful natures and insist upon partners who can provide them with scope for excitement and fun. It would be quite wrong, however, to deduce from this that dogwood wands are not capable of serious magic when called upon to do so; they have been known to perform outstanding spells under difficult conditions, and when paired with a suitably clever and ingenious witch or wizard, can produce dazzling enchantments. An interesting foible of many dogwood wands is that they refuse to perform non-verbal spells and they are often rather noisy. ”

Elm
    “The truth is that elm wands prefer owners with presence, magical dexterity and a certain native dignity. Of all wand woods, elm, in my experience, produces the fewest accidents, the least foolish errors, and the most elegant charms and spells; these are sophisticated wands, capable of highly advanced magic in the right hands.”

Holly
    “Holly is one of the rarer kinds of wand woods; traditionally considered protective, it works most happily for those who may need help overcoming a tendency to anger and impetuosity. At the same time, holly wands often choose owners who are engaged in some dangerous and often spiritual quest. Holly is one of those woods that varies most dramatically in performance depending on the wand core, and it is a notoriously difficult wood to team with phoenix feather, as the wood's volatility conflicts strangely with the phoenix's detachment. In the unusual event of such a pairing finding its ideal match, however, nothing and nobody should stand in their way."

Maple
    “ I have often found that those chosen by maple wands are by nature travellers and explorers; they are not stay-at-home wands, and prefer ambition in their witch or wizard, otherwise their magic grows heavy and lacklustre. Fresh challenges and regular changes of scene cause this wand to literally shine, burnishing itself as it grows, with its partner, in ability and status. This is a beautiful and desirable wood, and wand quality maple has been among the most costly for centuries. Possession of a maple wand has long been a mark of status, because of its reputation as the wand of high achievers. ”

Pine
    “The straight-grained pine wand always chooses an independent, individual master who may be perceived as a loner, intriguing and perhaps mysterious. Pine wands enjoy being used creatively, and unlike some others, will adapt unprotestingly to new methods and spells. Many wandmakers insist that pine wands are able to detect, and perform best for, owners who are destined for long lives, and I can confirm this in as much as I have never personally known the master of a pine wand to die young. The pine wand is one of those that is most sensitive to non-verbal magic.”

Red Oak
    “You will often hear the ignorant say that red oak is an infallible sign of its owner’s hot temper. In fact, the true match for a red oak wand is possessed of unusually fast reactions, making it a perfect duelling wand. Less common than English oak, I have found that its ideal master is light of touch, quick-witted and adaptable, often the creator of distinctive, trademark spells, and a good man or woman to have beside one in a fight. Red oak wands are, in my opinion, among the most handsome.”

Rowan
    “Rowan wood has always been much-favoured for wands, because it is reputed to be more protective than any other, and in my experience renders all manner of defensive charms especially strong and difficult to break. It is commonly stated that no Dark witch or wizard ever owned a rowan wand, and I cannot recall a single instance where one of my own rowan wands has gone on to do evil in the world. Rowan is most happily placed with the clear-headed and the pure-hearted, but this reputation for virtue ought not to fool anyone - these wands are the equal of any, often the better, and frequently out-perform others in duels. ”

Sycamore
    “The sycamore makes a questing wand, eager for new experience and losing brilliance if engaged in mundane activities. It is a quirk of these handsome wands that they may combust if allowed to become ‘bored,’ and many witches and wizards, settling down into middle age, are disconcerted to find their trusty wand bursting into flame in their hand as they ask it, one more time, to fetch their slippers. As may be deduced, the sycamore’s ideal owner is curious, vital and adventurous, and when paired with such an owner, it demonstrates a capacity to learn and adapt that earns it a rightful place among the world's most highly-prized wand woods. ”

Vine
    “Vine wands are among the less common types, and I have been intrigued to notice that their owners are nearly always those witches or wizards who seek a greater purpose, who have a vision beyond the ordinary and who frequently astound those who think they know them best. Vine wands seem strongly attracted by personalities with hidden depths, and I have found them more sensitive than any other when it comes to instantly detecting a prospective match. Reliable sources claim that these wands can emit magical effects upon the mere entrance into their room of a suitable owner, and I have twice observed the phenomenon in my own shop. ”

Walnut
    “Highly intelligent witches and wizards ought to be offered a walnut wand for trial first, because in nine cases out of ten, the two will find in each other their ideal mate. Walnut wands are often found in the hands of magical innovators and inventors; this is a handsome wood possessed of unusual versatility and adaptability. A note of caution, however: while some woods are difficult to dominate, and may resist the performance of spells that are foreign to their natures, the walnut wand will, once subjugated, perform any task its owner desires, provided that the user is of sufficient brilliance. This makes for a truly lethal weapon in the hands of a witch or wizard of no conscience, for the wand and the wizard may feed from each other in a particularly unhealthy manner. ”

Yew
    “Yew wands are among the rarer kinds, and their ideal matches are likewise unusual, and occasionally notorious. The wand of yew is reputed to endow its possessor with the power of life and death, which might, of course, be said of all wands; and yet yew retains a particularly dark and fearsome reputation in the spheres of duelling and all curses. However, it is untrue to say (as those unlearned in wandlore often do) that those who use yew wands are more likely to be attracted to Scholomance than another. The witch or wizard best suited to a yew wand might equally prove a fierce protector of others. Wands hewn from these most long-lived trees have been found in the possession of heroes quite as often as of villains. Where wizards have been buried with wands of yew, the wand generally sprouts into a tree guarding the dead owner’s grave. What is certain, in my experience, is that the yew wand never chooses either a mediocre or a timid owner.

Cores:

Briar Heart
    "While this core does not generally produce the strongest wands-although the wand wood may enhance its power-wands that have unicorn hair in them are the least flamboyant, decreasing its susceptibility to fluctuations and blockages. Advantages of this core are that it usually produces the most consistent magic, and that it is the most faithful to its owner of the three cores. A wand with a core of briarheart is harder to turn to Scholomance than soul gems or heartstones, a factor that many witches and wizards like."

Soul Gem
    "This core is the rarest of the three, as it is often regarded as unorthodox. Soul gem wands are capable of the greatest range of magic, although this means that sometimes they will act of their own accord. Wands with this expensive material as their core are the pickiest of all the cores in choosing the most suitable owner, and allegience is often hard-won."

Heartstone
    "This core is the most flamboyant of the three, and often produces the strongest wands. Heartstone usually favours ambitious spell-casting and as a result the wand is more likely to turn to the Scholomance than any other core; however, a wand that has this core will not do so of its own will. Heartstone wands generally aren't sensitive to moving on from previous owners, but bond strongly with the current owner."

This is the model for Character Cards:
    Character Name:
    Alias:
    Wand/Stave:
    School Alignment:
    Guild:
    Birth Sign:
    Currently Resides:
    Hometown:

Appearance:
    Height-
    Weight-
    Eyes-
    Hair-
    Scars-
    Description-

Personality:
    Laterality:
    Sexuality:
    Marital Status:
    Positive Traits:
    Negative Traits:
    Fears:
    Aspirations:
    Quirks:
    Description:

Magic Style:
    Specific Skills and Preferences:
    Battle Style:

Biography:

Writes-Many-Posts

Champion of Grottos and Gremlins
    Looks interesting... I might join if I am able of making up my mind about my future schedule

Sid

The fairly crap Pokémon trainer....
    Name: Giron Dufrene (pronounced Guy-ron Do-fr-ain)
    Race: Breton
    Wand: 13" sycamore wand with a heartstone core. It is a hard and non flexible wand which is deadly loyal to its young master.
    School Alignment: School of Scholomance
    Guild: Dolosus
    Currently resides: Quarters in the School of Scholomance
    Hometown: Evermore, High Rock
    Worships: Magnus, Lorkhan

Appearance:
    Height: 4'9"
    Weight: 78lbs
    Eyes: He has heterochromatic eyes, one a steely grey, the other a bold green.
    Hair: He has shoulder-length, jet black, well kept hair. Obviously due to his age he has no beards etc.
    Scars: A single scar runs from his left shoulder blade, to the top of his left-most part of his hip.
    Description: Short for his age, and a little fat, he has a relatively long, and thin face. He has high cheekbones and a slightly pointed jaw. His face is slightly freckled, and has thin pursed lips. He has a slightly crooked nose, and his ears don't quite line up.
    Apparel: He wears a white shirt, with a black vest over this. He has black trousers, and knee high, dark brown boots. Around his neck he wears a thin, silver chain, which has his mothers amber locket on. Upon his belt, a fine piece of black leather with golden silver decorations, he has a sheath in which he keeps his wand.

Personality:
    Laterality: Right handed
    Sexuality: Heterosexual
    Marital status: He's 13, what do you think?
    Positive traits: Intelligent, cunning, bold
    Negative traits: Arrogant, narcissistic (most of the time),
    Dislikes: Vegetables (what 13 year old does like them?), non-magic folk
    Fears: Growing old
    Aspirations: To become the greatest conjurer the world has ever seen, to beat death
    Quirks: He happens to be an insomniac
    Description: Those who say he won't rip anyone who gets in his way's throat out with his teeth, obviously doesn't know him well enough. He is cunning, and willing to make large sacrifices to get his way. Think of him as a spoilt brat, who would kill to get his way. Very mature for his age, he is willing to do what must be done.

Magic Style: Transfiguration and conjuration
    Specific skill and preferences: He has a certain knack for summoning creatures from long forgotten realms of Oblivion. He is also learning with some speed the arts of transfiguration, whilst his other studies are falling behind a bit.
    Combat magic: He normally, instead of resorting to directly offensive spells, he summons creatures to fight for him. Also he uses transfiguration in combat, focusing on keeping his enemies helpless whilst his conjured soul fights for him.

I will edit it to include bio and possible pictures

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Chef Umaril

Character Name: Jala-Lei
    Alias: Jala or Lei, whichever the speaker prefers
    Wand/Stave: Rowan Wand with Briar Heart core
    School Alignment: Aethermancy

Guild: Flamma
    Birth Sign: The Mage
    Currently Resides: Imperial City, Cyrodiil
    Hometown: Bruma, Cyrodiil
    Race: Argonian
    Gender: Female (thought I'd try running one female character, at least)
    Worships: The Eight Divines

Appearance:
    Height- 5' 2" (average height)
    Weight- 135 lbs
    Eyes- Emerald green
    Hair- curved horns with "drapes"
    Scars- none

Description: She is of a rather even-toned build for an Argonian; not too fat or lean. She has dark red scales with bright yellow stripes across her neck, almost like scratch marks.

Personality: she is protective of those she trusts or cares about deeply, and will do anything to ensure they're taken care of when any danger presents itself
    Laterality: Left-handed
    Sexuality: heterosexual
    Marital Status: single
    Positive Traits: Protective, persistent, and loyal beyond measure
    Negative Traits: occasionally too protective, as she sometimes sees small issues as large ones.
    Likes: Sweetrolls, alchemy, and Restoration/protective magicka
    Dislikes: Scholomamcy, the daedra, and undead
    Fears: spiders, bears, and jesters
    Aspirations: to become a great healer and protect the ones she loves
    Quirks: again, she's overly protective, and has an odd fear of jesters. She is also somewhat cluttered compared to most living arrangements, but finds ways to make it work for herself.

Description:

Magic Style: Protective or healing spells
    Specific Skills and Preferences: her preferences lean toward the restoration school of magic, seeking to aid those she feels need it
    Battle Style: slower reactions to offensive spells, she prefers not to rush head-first, but sit back and wait for the first move.

Biography: Jala-Lei was born into the coastal city of Bruma from parents she knew little of after their passing. Her family was a slightly wealthier pair of Imperials that had adopted her after a catastrophic event they never speak of to her about, though they raised her as one of their own. When she grew older, her parents knew of her potential (not knowing it would be magic) to do great things. She always had a kind heart, and was raised to be a protector of those in need or that she cared for.

When she came of age, Jala-Lei delved into studies of the Alchemical Arts as an apprentice at one of the many apothecaries in the Imperial City, where she had an affinity for protective or restorative potions and mixtures. Although her magic sensitivity was underdeveloped, her alchemy experience allowed her to refine it only very slightly for limited amounts of time at an older age than most.

Torok

Character Name: Allirius
    Alias: N/A
    Wand/Stave: Yew stave with heartstone. Has most of the staff covered in Daedric metal, except the top bit where the heartstone is. (Can I do that?)
    School Alignment: Scholomancy
    Guild: Flamma
    Birth Sign: The Lord
    Currently Resides: College of Winterhold.
    Hometown: Whiterun
    Race: Imperial
    Worships: Sanguine

Appearance:
    Height- 5.10 feet
    Weight- 135 LBS
    Eyes- Blue
    Hair- long black hair tied in pony tail.
    Scars- None
    Description- Light skin, slightly muscular, has beard mustache combo. Wears Daedric boots and gauntlets, red elegant robe, cloak and hood.

Personality: Carries himself almost royally, but takes that 'royalty' to a more positive role and helps people. Enjoys the fine things in life.
    Laterality: Uses both hands.
    Sexuality: Homosexual
    Marital Status: Single
    Positive Traits: He's a hard working, fun loving man. He wants to protect those who are helpless.
    Negative Traits: He's a lustful man, often considered a player. He loves to drink. He is greedy.
    Likes: Power, sex, money, drinking, orcs and helping the less fortunate.
    Dislikes: Losing/failing others, disrespect, living in squaller, Vigilants of Stendarr.
    Fears: Losing everything.
    Aspirations: Become a powerful wizard.
    Quirks: Even though he was a priest of a cult of Sanguine, he sometimes acts like a priest of Mara.
    Description: N/A?

Magic Style: Protection, healing, summoning and raising.
    Specific Skills and Preferences: Uses his metal-coated staff as a shield, has a Daedric sword for up close fighting.
    Battle Style: Summoning/raising the dead, casting a flesh spell before going up close with his staff and sword if he has to.

Biography: Born in Skyrim to a couple of guards. Grew up in Whiterun. When he was a teenager the fort his parents were at was attacked by bandits. One of his parents servants, who looked after him when he was little, continued to look after him. When Allirius came of age he bought the abandoned fort his parents were stationed in. Soon he got involved with a cult of Sanguine. Sanguine favored him and gave him his boots and gauntlets. He soon became a priest of Sanguine and hosted parties and orgies in his fort. When he was 29 the fort was attacked by the Vigilants of Stendarr during a party. No one but Allirius escaped alive. He killed the group of Vigilants himself. One of his friends pulled some strings with the college and got him a place in the college. Magic always fascinated Allirius.

The Phantom

Consulting Criminal
    Sid and Chef Umaril's applications are both accepted. Though I have a single question for Monsieur Chef Umaril: why does it state that Lei enjoys conjuration yet hates Daedra and the undead? Also, it does not mention her skill of restoration magic in her likes. Furthermore, can you please state whether her preferred weapon is a wand or stave, and what its core is.

Torok, I am very pleased with your application, though there are a few minor quibbles I would ask you to revise. Firstly, this takes place over 200 hundred years after the events of Skyrim; therefore the Stormcloaks do not exist, nor does any other army, to be pedantic. The continent of Tamriel is now united, as it states in my first post. Also, you have to be recruited into one of the magic schools, as they are hidden to public eye. So can you please edit your bio? Thanks. Also, you have chosen to place him in Dolosus, however his personality does not really fit into Dolosus; this is due to those in Dolosus having a certain inherent cunning, to the point, some would consider them somewhat evil in nature. I would recommend, that due to his kind-hearted nature, he be placed in Flamma, though if you do still desire to have him in Dolosus, that is very fine. (Also, I love the sound of your staff. It reminds me of Saruman's from the Lord of the Rings book/films.)

Love from, The Phantom and Sid :)

Reactions: Sid

Toxius

Frost Wolf
    Good idea for a roleplay. Would the type of the soul gem determine another sub-type? For example a Black soul gem would make for a better necromancy wand.

The Phantom

Consulting Criminal
    You may have a black or grand soul gem. Black soul gems would be more powerful but harder to control, whereas a grand soul gem would be less powerful but easier to control to a certain degree.

Chef Umaril

I fixed it, my problem was the stream of consciousness way of writing it. As for her fears and dislikes, I tried to make it fit the lore, yet be somewhat humorous. As a jester would be the time's equivalent to a modern-day clown. (Which I have a slight fear of thanks to "It" and a rodeo I watched one pretend to blast his face off with a double barrel)

Torok

When we starting?

Reactions: Sid

Chef Umaril

I do hope that we get more Aethermancy students. Being outnumbered 5:1 would make for a short, albeit, one-sided RP. Especially since my character is starting her studies rather late for someone sensitive to Magicka.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts