The Stormcloaks are in Control now. So?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
More people seem happier with Empire control than Stormcloak. Especially other races, like the Dunmer and Argonian's in Windhelm.

But the the Blacksmith's assistant in Windhelm pouts so loudly at you once Ulfric is gone. She was his biggest fan!

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
tumblr_mbhkbxr0Zl1qdb4cxo1_r1_500.gif

There is a change, everyone is unhappy. Just like everyone is happy when the Empire wins, everyone just hates you and the Stormcloaks, especially those Non-Nord merchants in Whiterun who are losing business because the Stormcloaks do not like buying from anyone who isn't a Nord.

More people seem happier with Empire control than Stormcloak. Especially other races, like the Dunmer and Argonian's in Windhelm.
I really haven't noticed a difference. Everybody just seems to act the same as they always did. Of course I don't really do a lot of the personal contact thing with the NPCs so maybe I'm missing something. I do need to go and check in the Elisef in Solitude (I have a 4K bounty for killing Captain Moro - a**hole) up there that I want to pay off (so I can get on with the Dragonborn storyline - finally) and I have yet to meet the new Jarls in the other holds, but I will. Personally I like Markath under Stormcloak control though - they're just more pleasent than the snarky original guards (don't know if they were Imperials, but they were obnoxious).

Daelon DuLac

But the the Blacksmith's assistant in Windhelm pouts so loudly at you once Ulfric is gone. She was his biggest fan!
She's so obnoxious anyhow. If she reacts that badly, then I've just got to do the Empire storyline. Besides, I felt really bad when I killed the Emperor. I liked him. He reminded me of the Emperor in Dune. I know it wasn't part of the Civil War Storyline, but I figured I had to follow through. Besides, that Captain Moro just honked me off so much, I figured, after killing him and pissing off the Argonian Guard, why not swim out to the ship. It was kinda fun wiping out the entire crew and leaving the Emperor all alone and vulnerable. There wasn't much booty there though and boy his robes went cheap.

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
I really haven't noticed a difference. Everybody just seems to act the same as they always did. Of course I don't really do a lot of the personal contact thing with the NPCs so maybe I'm missing something. I do need to go and check in the Elisef in Solitude (I have a 4K bounty for killing Captain Moro - a**hole) up there that I want to pay off (so I can get on with the Dragonborn storyline - finally) and I have yet to meet the new Jarls in the other holds, but I will. Personally I like Markath under Stormcloak control though - they're just more pleasent than the snarky original guards (don't know if they were Imperials, but they were obnoxious).

The most noticeable difference is in Whiterun, where none of the prominent merchants are Nords, except for Eorland Gray-Mane.

Most of them gripe that the Storm-Cloaks refuse to purchase from them. Adrianne comments that had she not been married to a nord, she'd probably have been run out of town with her father.

Chadonraz

I kind of like running in to an Imperial camp and slaughtering everybody (hey, I'm a ammoral a**hole anyhow on this character). I just keep beaten down the Legate and go about my business looting.

I too enjoyed the battle for Solitude, although it took me a little bit to figure out how to get to Castle Dour. I actually felt a little bit sorry for the General and his sidekick. I didn't really want to kil lthem, but had to play the character out. Ulfrich and #2 kept talking, talking and talking. I'd like to see where it goes from there, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen.

I've run in to absolutely no Imperials with prisoners (or even Thalmor's with prisoners) since the storyline came to an end. Of course I tend to go cross country and they stick to the roads. I agree though, you'd think it would be the other way round at this point.

I'm going to find every single Imperial camp and kill everyone except the Legates. I happened to come across the camp in Whiterun, which gave me the idea. After I'd "cleared" the camp, however, Imperials transferring a prisoner (in Hjaalmarch; not even in the same Hold) attacked me on sight. :D

As for Thalmor, I literally just (while gawking at a tree hovering in midair) realized that I haven't seen a single one since the war, either. With or without prisoners. Even the ones in Understone Keep are gone. \o/

Daelon DuLac

I'm going to find every single Imperial camp and kill everyone except the Legates. I happened to come across the camp in Whiterun, which gave me the idea. After I'd "cleared" the camp, however, Imperials transferring a prisoner (in Hjaalmarch; not even in the same Hold) attacked me on sight. :D

As for Thalmor, I literally just (while gawking at a tree hovering in midair) realized that I haven't seen a single one since the war, either. With or without prisoners. Even the ones in Understone Keep are gone. \o/
Well, at least the Viglins of Stendar are wandering about. They're always a hoot to beat down, heal, beat down, heal, beat down, heal... and then kill 'em. They just keep repeating the same anti-Daedra crap over and over and over again. So far I've cleared 1/2 a dozen Imperial camps, but I know there are many more.

Every notice that the Imperial camps are always neat and organized while the Stormcloak ones look like a 7 year old made 'em out of papermache and packing materials?

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage

No, they're in the back room. Getting nice and comfortable with the Stormcloak Commander there. Where the throne is, head right, take the next left, head straight up the stairs, open the door. See the Stormcloak with his Thalmor friends.

Chadonraz

Well, at least the Viglins of Stendar are wandering about. They're always a hoot to beat down, heal, beat down, heal, beat down, heal... and then kill 'em. They just keep repeating the same anti-Daedra crap over and over and over again. So far I've cleared 1/2 a dozen Imperial camps, but I know there are many more.

Every notice that the Imperial camps are always neat and organized while the Stormcloak ones look like a 7 year old made 'em out of papermache and packing materials?

Once I get the Sanguine Rose (spotted Sam in Markarth), I'm gonna use it in front of those Vigilants. :D
And since they hunt werewolves as well, I may have to start hunting them soon...

I haven't really paid attention to how the military camps look. The Haafingar SC one was a mess once, though, after a dragon attacked there. :mad:

EDIT: Seems like another visit to Understone is in order.

Daelon DuLac

Once I get the Sanguine Rose (spotted Sam in Markarth), I'm gonna use it in front of those Vigilants. :D
And since they hunt werewolves as well, I may have to start hunting them soon...

I haven't really paid attention to how the military camps look. The Haafingar SC one was a mess once, though, after a dragon attacked there. :mad:
I don't really think the Dragon attack affected it. It was a mess to start with. And the smell! Oh wait... that had to be my imagination... or maybe the dog...

Chadonraz

I don't really think the Dragon attack affected it. It was a mess to start with. And the smell! Oh wait... that had to be my imagination... or maybe the dog...

Well, the ice covering the ground and tents didn't exactly help with the tidyness. :D
Nor did the bodies. :sadface:

Daelon DuLac

Well, the ice covering the ground and tents didn't exactly help with the tidyness. :D
Nor did the bodies. :sadface:
Shoot. I wish I'd noticed. My Namia Club was just complaining that they'd run out of bodies for the cocktail party... dern it...

ShangTsung

I kind of like running in to an Imperial camp and slaughtering everybody (hey, I'm a ammoral a**hole anyhow on this character). I just keep beaten down the Legate and go about my business looting.

I too enjoyed the battle for Solitude, although it took me a little bit to figure out how to get to Castle Dour. I actually felt a little bit sorry for the General and his sidekick. I didn't really want to kil lthem, but had to play the character out. Ulfrich and #2 kept talking, talking and talking. I'd like to see where it goes from there, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen.

I've run in to absolutely no Imperials with prisoners (or even Thalmor's with prisoners) since the storyline came to an end. Of course I tend to go cross country and they stick to the roads. I agree though, you'd think it would be the other way round at this point.
thats why i never fully finish the quests, killing those imperial scum to free the poor prisoners gives me a sense of justice which makes it fun to do, plus the thalmor are so entertaining to slaughter why get rid of them? lol

Gearuvagen

I know, You know
thats why i never fully finish the quests, killing those imperial scum to free the poor prisoners gives me a sense of justice which makes it fun to do, plus the thalmor are so entertaining to slaughter why get rid of them? lol
Like Drunken said you don't get rid of them, you invite them to brunch apparently. Celebrating your victory over the Empire I guess seeing how they help you along the way. (though they didn't want you to actually win)

Volanere

Grand Magister
I dont like the stormcloacks or the imperials i wish you could side with the Dominion and smash both of them. That being said if there were another army to fight against that couldve made the questline more enjoyable.

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations
I dont like the stormcloacks or the imperials i wish you could side with the Dominion and smash both of them. That being said if there were another army to fight against that couldve made the questline more enjoyable.

Thalmor scum.

Kidding, I have nothing against the Thalmor or the Dominion and their plan to slaughter mankind because they live in some twisted reality that mer are superior.

Daelon DuLac

The only one of the Stormcloak's one that was even vaguely enjoyable to me was the one where I had to rescue some Stormcloaker's from a Legion prison by sneaking in through an underwater cave. At least at the beginning it was interesting. Then it just turned in to another slaughterfest.

Gearuvagen

I know, You know
I wish we could find some Sload.....team up with them sounds fun doesn't it? :D