18+ The Price of Failure

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

Rextoret

top kek
Welcome! This thread will be 18+, for graphic descriptions of injuries, harsh language, sexual references, drug consumption, and other adult topics. If any of these topics disturb you, please leave before progressing any farther. I will not be responsible for any dissatisfied readers. You have been duly warned.
---
The Price of Failure
SScales_jungle-matte01-col1.jpg
The year is -E ----. (Final details being worked out right now.) The military forces of Anu and Padomay are in full-blown war, spreading tragedy and death across the known galaxy. A vast number of planets are complicated in the war, including ones discovered after the former inhabitants of Nirn left the planet in the wake of the Landfall. At the edge of explored space lies a planet, covered by massive rain forests. It boasts an atmosphere breathable by Men and Mer, but oddly has not been colonized yet. The soldiers of Padomay have set up a testing facility on the planet, conducting experiments unknown to the public and the forces of Anu. Our story centers on Horace Lavigne, an Anu soldier who unknowingly strayed off path on his way to the Anu capital planet.
---
Directory
---
Credits
» Massive thanks to my fellow members of IoK, for helping me advance my simple idea into something far better.
» Even more thanks to The Operator (Smooth), for giving me a universe to set the FF in.
» Of course, large thanks to George Lucas for creating a memorable universe that has and no doubt will continue to inspire sci-fi writers for years to come.

Rextoret

top kek
Chapter 1

Lights flashed inside the cockpit, illuminating the helmet of the man sitting in the pilot's chair. The humming of the instruments interrupted the silence laying outside of the reinforced glass windows. Dials on the dashboard spun around, creating the illusion of moving infinitely faster than the darkness outside. The quiet was broken by a few idle mumbled words that escaped the lips of the man.

"You'd think I'd have reached the damn planet by now... Where in Oblivion is it? Damn navigator might be broken."

The same, boring flight continued for a great many minutes. He idly strummed his fingers against the dashboard. Then the monitor lying in front of him lit up, displaying a picture of a world. It was covered in verdant forests, great oceans, and other diverse areas. It seemed to glow like a lantern, calling to him, almost like a beacon of safety in the danger of the darkness of night. He muttered once again, this time with a bit more enthusiasm in his voice.

"A planet? Well, I suppose I could stop in and refuel before I continue on to the capital. It'd better be neutral."

He tapped the control screen, and the ship headed for the speck in the distance. The ship lurched forward as he turned, and began the trip to the planet. Minutes passed as he headed for it. The details of the planet became clearer as it grew in his vision. Rivers and oceans became a bright blue, contrasting with the lush green of the rain forests that covered the majority of the surface. He closed in, and began to try to contact whatever planetary space command the planet might have. He decided to keep his status as an Anu soldier hidden until he knew whether the planet was friendly or hostile.

"Planetary command, civilian pilot requesting permission to land and refuel."

Static filled the intercom. Absolutely nothing came through. He tried once more.

"Command, requesting permission to enter the planet's atmosphere. Do you copy?"

But once again, nothing but static greeted his ears. Something was wrong. And in truth, something was very wrong. Something he could never of known about. Because out of his view, another spaceship was rising from the horizon of the planet. The colors of the ship gave away it's allegiance. The fighter belonged to the forces of Padomay.

The enemy ship continued to fly outside of the Anu pilot's view. It circled behind him, slowly closing in as they both drifted closer and closer to the surface of the planet. The pilot, oblivious to the presence of the other ship, continued to try and contact some kind of planetary command. He even began to cycle through other channels, searching for any kind of signal from the planet. The spaceship continued to float forward, closer and closer to the planet every moment.

"Come in? Someone, anyone, please respond. I'm going to enter the atmosphere if not given any response. Does anyone copy?"

He scratched his helmet, beginning to wonder if the planet was uninhabited. But as far the officials had disclosed, all known hospitable planets had already been colonized. Had he stumbled upon an unknown planet? All the more reason to enter the atmosphere and scout around a bit before returning to the capital. And if it was inhabited, then he might be able to contact someone if he entered the air above the surface of the planet.

A few minutes passed, filled with attempts to contact someone on the surface. He decided to descend onto the planet. He headed down. He was on the verge of entering the atmosphere when something violently shook his ship. Emergency lights started flashing, accompanied by sharp sirens. He cursed, quickly checking his instruments. The monitor showed severe damage to the hull and engines, with minor damage to the wings. His eyes frantically scanned about in a panic, until they met with the radar. Behind the white dot that symbolized his own ship, a large red dot could be seen clearly. He cursed.

"Crap! How could I not have seen that! Son of a bitch! Who in Oblivion is attacking me?"

He jerked his wheel to the right, trying to turn so he could see his unknown attacker. But the damage to his ship slowed down the movement, causing his ship to drift lazily to the right and down toward the surface. He cursed loudly once again, but the words were cut off by an explosion on the left side of his ship. The ship shook violently, nearly pulling the pilot out of his seat. He could feel that the interior of the ship was getting hotter. The monitor showed that the left wing was gone, and that the engines were now in a critical state. But he did not get a moment to think before the ship fully entered the atmosphere as it spun wildly due to the destabilization of the ship. He was entering the thermosphere of the planet at an incredible speed.

The ship began to experience the heat of entry, but at least it wasn't coming in perpendicular to the surface. As the ship spun crazily, he was inside, cursing and trying desperately to think of some way to survive. He supposed that he could eject and parachute down, seeing as his advanced suit might be able to handle the heat as he left the ship. But ejecting was the only was he could survive, so he decided to go with that. He'd have to time it perfectly, so that he wouldn't be too close to the surface. He also had to make sure that he didn't get shot out with his head pointed toward the ground. He quickly began a transmission, in the hope that someone out in space might pick it up.

"Someone, please respond! This is Anu pilot Horace Lavigne, preparing for a crash landing on an unknown planet at the coordinates of X125:3, Y849:2, and Z492:1 on the galactic map!"

The rest of the fall was a blur in his mind. But somehow, he managed to time his ejection nearly perfectly. He slammed his palm down onto the button, causing the canopy above to open and for his chair to shoot out into the sky. He could feel the heat of the ship through his suit as he was shot out, but that sensation was momentary. Now he was free-falling, the air rushing past him. He desperately grabbed for the parachute strap on his pack, yanking on it. He was powerfully pulled up as the chute deployed, rapidly filling with air. The trees began to slow down in their approach, as he started to float down.

Even so, they still rushed toward him at considerable speed. They drew closer and closer, until he was right above the tops of the massive trees that covered the surface of the world. He broke through the top layer of branches, rapidly moving through them as they tore at his pack and chute. They scratched at his suit, which did a good job of protecting him. He continued to fall, breaking through massive branches and pushing his way through leaves as he swung his arms out in front of himself to protect his body.

And all of a sudden, a large branch caught his parachute and stopped it. His body was instantly stopped from falling, although he was still a good 70-so feet over the ground. The force on his body from the sudden stop knocked him out, leaving him hanging unconscious from the branch. Underneath his limp body, animals scurried about on the forest floor.