The morality of your character(s)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Jeruhmi

Good idea. I still think it is similarly related to the OP of the this thread though.
Good morality for the win.

Tusck

Generally speaking I'm not a roleplayer but I still normally play with an alignment in mind. So the question is, do you play a strict alignment all the time? Does each of your characters have a different alignment? And finally, what will you play in Skyrim?

I usually always play Chaotic Good, partly because I'm normally a rogue, but also because when you fight the ultimate evil, you need to do what is takes to win for the side of good. So I justify stealing from the rich in order to pay for weapons, armor and supplies as good because it gives me the power to fight against evil. I would also kill a chaotic evil character rather have them arrested because death is safer for the masses then giving someone like that a second chance.

Steve House

I like to make different characters for each play through. One will be "Good Morale" while the other one will be "Evil" and then I have my in-betweener lol...also I like playing with each type of class that is available...Warrior...Mage...Theif/Rogue...I find it to be more fun and immersive that way..also it provides different challenges each time you play since you have to bring new strategy in each aspect of the role you play as. :)

Tusck

I actually always play the same alignment, but I to make my characters very class specific, meaning I don't usually make hybrid characters. So even though I play them all with the same philosophy, I tend to act differently if I approach as a warrior than I would as a mage or a thief. I find that it still makes it very interesting for replays.

Mikk

Article Writer
I'm always good. Being good in Bethesda games always yields better outcomes. I also tend to pour a lot of myself into the way I play these games, and actually feel bad when my character should. Maybe i get too attached, but hey, it's role playing!

Jeruhmi

I'm always good. Being good in Bethesda games always yields better outcomes. I also tend to pour a lot of myself into the way I play these games, and actually feel bad when my character should. Maybe i get too attached, but hey, it's role playing!
Really, good guys get better outcomes? That's new to me. I guess that makes sense.

N3w_2_$kyr1min

Can't wait for Skyrim
My first character will be good, kind of like myself, I'll try not to kill any innocent person in the game or steal anything, and be on the guards side.. then in the second play through, I'll go the other way, steal for money, kill without remorse, sabotage and kill the guard :D join all the darker guilds.. will be fun doing it both ways.

Jeruhmi

My first character will be good, kind of like myself, I'll try not to kill any innocent person in the game or steal anything, and be on the guards side.. then in the second play through, I'll go the other way, steal for money, kill without remorse, sabotage and kill the guard :D join all the darker guilds.. will be fun doing it both ways.
Sounds like a good plan, just so you can experience both sides. I am far too lazy to play it twice though.

N3w_2_$kyr1min

Can't wait for Skyrim
Sounds like a good plan, just so you can experience both sides. I am far too lazy to play it twice though.

Well, it'll for the most part feel like playing a totally new story line since you're doing everything differently.. so I will enjoy it the second time around just as much I reckon. ^^

Mikk

Article Writer
Really, good guys get better outcomes? That's new to me. I guess that makes sense.

It's not so much a better outcome, as an easier path to an outcome. People like you, which makes getting info and bartering easier, you don't have to spend time avoiding guards or running away when the person you just tried to murder was stronger than you thought, and you save money on fines.

Bad guys can still reach outcomes of equal, if not greater satisfaction, it's just a more difficult (and in my opinion, boring) path to take.

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member
Do you guys get any gratification for causing harm upon people? You sadists!

I enjoy helping people, whether it's in a game or in real-life. I'm almost never evil unless there's a huge benefit. Well, it really depends. Would you guys let a child you don't know die in order to get a million dollars? This is a simple example, but yeah.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist

I enjoy helping people, whether it's in a game or in real-life. I'm almost never evil unless there's a huge benefit. Well, it really depends. Would you guys let a child you don't know die in order to get a million dollars? This is a simple example, but yeah.
The thing is, in a virtual environment like games where it is free from real-life consequences, people tend to be more sadistic. If I were given a choice to give up million dollar to let a child live in real life, yeah of course I won't let the kid die. If I were given the same choice, except it was a million in-game currency and the child is NPC, I'd be like 'lol don't care. gimme money' unless that child is important in quest or something. But since we're talking about RPG, I'd just get into character and roleplay as whatever I feel like regardless of character's moral, belief, sexuality, personality, etc.

Mikk

Article Writer
I agree with you Ren, but given THAT example? In a virtual world, I'd probably take the money :p

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
I also tend to pour a lot of myself into the way I play these games, and actually feel bad when my character should. Maybe i get too attached, but hey, it's role playing!
No, I can totally feel with you. In “Mass Effect” in particular I noticed that I don’t have it in me to be a total bastard. No matter what the reward, feeling plopsty because you just slaughtered an entire village or something like that just isn’t worth it for me.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
No, I can totally feel with you. In “Mass Effect” in particular I noticed that I don’t have it in me to be a total bastard. No matter what the reward, feeling plopsty because you just slaughtered an entire village or something like that just isn’t worth it for me.
Personally, I think renegade Shepard is funny. He's a huge asshole and it's pretty entertaining to watch him punch people around. Paragon Shepard is just... nice but that's all there is

Tusck

I don't normally kill people, but I will intimidate them for more reward, threaten their kids to get info, and generally push things up to the line without crossing it. I will kill evil NPC rather than bring them to justice though. I hold grudges and don't give second chances.

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
Personally, I think renegade Shepard is funny. He's a huge asshole and it's pretty entertaining to watch him punch people around. Paragon Shepard is just... nice but that's all there is

I lol'd few times when I watched renegade Shepard going berserk. And I didn't feel him as necessarily bad (might be because of my lousy morale?), but just having a different and more straightforward approach. Paragorn is too wimpy.

Tusck

So true, I finished half of ME before I stopped and went Renegade Shep. He's not evil, he just knows what he wants and how to get it. That's how I play TES as well. Not even sure why I went Paragon in the first place.