Private The Madman's Library [TML]

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Gorthal

Abraxas watched the apparently mad Redguard run off with a perplexed look on his face. The Drunken Huntsman was quickly deteriorating into a warzone and he had the feeling that he'd become part of the collateral damage should he stay any longer. Just as he was heading for the door, he noticed a parchment stuck to his boot. Bending over, he grasped the paper and pried it from his boot with a little more effort than an ordinary piece of paper would take. Raising it to his eyes, the assassin tried to make sense of the runes inscribed in ink upon the page. They seemed to float around, making it hard for him to focus but eventually, the stubborn letters flew back into an order that made sense. He red the words slowly, they all sounded like nonsense to him anyway and when he finished, nothing happened... At least not until a massive fissure opened up in the floor, separating the combatants. With widening eyes, Abraxas watched as the crack steadily found its way to the his feet but stopped, just shy. Sighing in relief, Abraxas realized that the page had disappeared. Did it make this huge crack in the ground? Looking up again, he realized all eyes were on him. Uh oh I better not have to pay for this.

Rarga

Rarga looked at what appeared to be a large crack in the floor, then slid he hazey gaze towards the figure standing before it.
    Rarga looked around the room and realised that they were all staring towards him aswell.
    "What's going on?.." Rarga whispered unsure if he should speak.

Gorthal

Abraxas chuckled nervously to himself, feeling the eyes of the silent crowd upon him. A whispered query from an Orc by the door prompted him to speak. "You see everyone, I read a page I found on my boot. It took a while because all the letters kept flying around and whatnot but when they settled down I read the mostly nonsense words and this humungous fissure just appears in the ground. So you see, I shouldn't be held accountable because how could I know that reading something would split the earth apart. I can't pay for damages anyway since I'm broke and the Jarl is a miser." He ended his quick tirade with another nervous laugh.

Rarga

Rarga started to feel dizzy and walked over to the wall, he lent his back on the wall slid down and landed on the floor with a small *thud*.
    He sat there with his head down wondering why today was making no sense to him, why everything seemed so.......crazy!

Reactions: Lyt

Lyt

The Drunken Huntsman, 9:40 P.M.

Ka'Rzique's laughter filled the upper floors of the inn and Drokin's mind down below. [Work of one of the books, this is a little chaos or so it looks.]
    Drokin was stunned into silence by what had taken place. The Jester had fled in hysterics, and the orc seemed genuinely confused. [I must find the wizard Farengar, maybe he can fix whatever witchery has taken this town. Release me foul alley-cat, this is not a good place to stand.]
    [Your Rhyming is going away, I no longer need to stay, so I will let you part ways.]
    With that, the Khajiit closed the book, and Drokin felt liberated. Ka'Rzique's hold over him vanished.

Drokin stood up. "Everybody out! There is most foul wizardry afoot! You there! Orc! Head up to Dragonsreach and fetch Farengar the wizard. Perhaps he can-" Drokin stopped, He'd seen something reach out of the fissure, a tentacle. He drew his sword. "Well that simplifies things, I need to kill SOMETHING ANYWAYS!"

Meanwhile Ka'Rzique was removing all of the enchantments he'd put on the room and then went invisible, He started to sneak out of the Drunken Huntsman with the other patrons, until he saw what was emerging from the Fissure. The guard was ready to attack. Ka'Rzique sighed, and then continued stealthily, until whatever was in the fissure breathed a great breath, and Ka'Rzique's Invisibility was instantly dispelled.

"Now this is awkward, I now have no cards."

Whiterun Gates, 9:41 P.M.

Two wizards walked up to the gates.
    "Halt!" Yelled the guard at the gate, "No-one comes in or out! Jarl's Orders!"
    The wizards kept walking toward the gate.
    "He Said HALT!" The other guard yelled as he drew a sword.
    The argonian wizard muttered something and took on the disguise of a khajiit. Both guards froze in confusion. The the Argonian muttered something else and the guards feinted instantly. They then walked thought the closed gates like the gates were nothing more than fog or mist. Once inside the gates, the argonian repeated his spell a second time to deal with the guards on the inside.
    "So..." Said Gregor. "This is Whiterun."
    He caught sight of a jester, fleeing from the nearest tavern. Polian nodded head, which had ceased it's imitation of Ka'Rzique and defaulted back to argonian. "What strange clientele they have here. That's Him?"
    "That's one of them, but it's not time yet. Let's stay at the Bannered Mare until things resolve." And both wizards made their way past the Drunken Huntsman, oblivious to the chaos inside as it's patrons started rushing out, looking stricken.
    Gregor then asked, "What of the events in the Huntsman?"
    "They will resolve normally, this is all part of the future the master saw."
    A future, Gregor mused. Born of chaos. How can such a future resolve into a master plan?

Gorthal

Abraxas breathed heavily. He could feel the heavy, dank breath of the creature in the fissure filling the room. He noticed the guard from before raise his sword as if to fight and his own fight or flight instincts kicked in. Well, maybe if I helped kill this thing it'll clear my debt to the Drunken Huntsman. Drawing his sword, he went to stand by the guard, awaiting what foul beast lay below their feet.

Rarga

Banned Mare, 9:50 P.M

Rarga's neck snapped up at the sound of his name, as he got up to obey the guards order the guard was interrupted by a beasts tenticle flowing out of the crack.
    Rarga's eyes widened in astonishment, he watched as all the patrons of the Drunken Huntsmen sped out, then flicked his gaze toward the guard and the other man who he had seen earlier in the Banned Mare.
    Rarga swiftly pulled out an ebony sword, still keeping his gaze between the beast and the men.

Lyt

The Drunken Huntsman, 9:50 P.M.

Another three tentacles emerged. Whatever beast was in the rend was trying to pull itself up. On of the tentacles reached up and latched unto a a ceiling beam, causing the tavern to creak in protest. Drokin lunged forward at this tentacle intending to sever it. However a fifth tentacle struck his sword-hand with stinging force, knocking the blade from his grip. Drokin nearly feel into the rend, when he saw the creature.

It resembled only so much as a giant humanoid head with many tentacled arms attached directly to it. Its face was the visage of death, eyes glowing red and bulging, its mouth was enormous and its unearthly grin exposed all of its many sharpened teeth. It's skin was a pale red.
    Another tentacle attempted to wrap itself around Drokin's torso.

Ka'Rzique let fly a bolt of lightning into the creature. It screamed like nothing no-one in Tamriel had ever heard, and it's breath was the smell of fungal decay. It released Drokin but not before Drokin felt the residual shock of Ka'Rziques lightning spell conduct through him. Drokin was thrown aside into an overturned table as the creature flailed a tentacle.

Rarga

Rarga watched as the guard was flung around the room, and as the khajiit he had just seen saved him.
    Rarga stepped forward hesitantly stabbing at one of the beasts tenticles, the beast growled then grabbed him and threw him across the room knocking him unconcious.

Gorthal

Abraxas rolled under a tentacle as it made to grab him. Two men were already out of the fight and he had no intention of being the third. As he came up, he stabbed at a tentacle, connecting with the blow, he pushed through only for it to ooze a foul black substance all over his sword. With a grimace of disgust, he pulled out and slashed at another that was attempting to wrap around him. Two more appendages joined the assault, grabbing his arms and legs. The assassin struggled and muttered expletives but the beast had caught him firmly in its grip. Yelling to the Khajit, he said, "Hey cat! Some help would be nice you know. Just don't use lightning this time!"

Lyt

The khajiit cackled madly, but obliged by casting some sort of frost spell. The creature howled as one its tentacles was frozen. A table flew out of the corner and struck the frozen tentacle, shattering it. Drokin had gotten up and thrown the table. He rushed to grab his sword from where it had fallen and got ready for a second attack.

Rarga

Rarga opened his eyes, firstly all he could see was a blur then he saw the madness still unfolding.
    He got up slowly and grabbed his sword that was laying inches away from him.
    He ran at the beast jumping over two of it's tenticles and stabbed it as hard as he could, "RAAAAHHHHRRR," Rarga screamed at the beast anger pulsing through his veins.

Gorthal

Abraxas felt the beast's grip on him loosen and assumed that the Orc had gotten back up into the fight that and the war cry was a big give-away. Wriggling out of the tentacles, the assassin landed lightly on his feet and leaped once again at a tentacle with both his dagger and sword. His double handed blow dug into the tentacle until about halfway. Smiling grimly, he went about his bloody work.

Raurshka

room in the drunken huntsman, 10:03 P.M

Raurshka woke with a start. It sounded like there was a brawl happening downstairs. He was about to leave when he saw his door ajar, he then looked to his dresser. The bottom draw was also open. He flung it open. No book, No book! Someone has stolen from me! He then proceeded to sniff his draw.
    Khajiit! He walked down the hall and took off his invisibility, just then her felt the ground shake beneath his feet. He ran down the stairs and was amazed at the sight. right in the middle of the drunken huntsman was a giant beast. there were about 5 men attacking it and another two knocked out across the room.

Rarga! he ran over to his cousin, making him swallow a healing potion. "Cousin?" ha asked in a daze "No time for family reunions, cousin. go help deft the beast," Raurshka said pushing him up.
    Rarga and the other men were fighting the beast but it hardly looked like they were doing anything to it.

He went over to the other man and gave him a healing potion and getting into the fight to.
    He used a binding spell on the beast, so it and all it's tentacles couldn't move. Everyone was going for it with there swords or daggers or magic. I 'accidentally' shot a ball of fire right by the Khajiits head. After a while the monster was crying out in pain and dissolving into a black puddle that seeped through the floor.

Gorthal

Abraxas breathed heavily as he watched the beast dissolve into goo. Turning to his fellow combatants, he said, "So the Jarl better pay us for this. We split even okay?"

Raurshka

"Uhhhh... you know what. i'm good. I got enough gold as it is. So you guys go to the jarl and i'll be going to- anywhere but here," The orc said with a nervous laugh.

Gorthal

Abraxas narrowed his eyes suspiciously at the Orc that spoke but he was happy to pipe up, "Okay then can I have your share?"

Rarga

Rarga smiled and walked over to the man asking for his cousins share, he placed a hand on his shoulder, "Low on coin, my friend?" he grin widened, "That makes two of us, i need to get a reward from the Jarl anyway so i'm happy to take a walk up there with you, whenever your ready?" Rarga turned his attention back to Raurshka.
    "Now, where in god's name have you been?" Rarga looked at him smiling, happy to finally find his cousin.

Raurshka

"NO. Rarga gets my share. 'cause he's awesome and also broke," Raurshka said while winking and putting a thumb up to his cousin.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts