The Elder Scrolls universe vs other fantasy realms

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
Man I hated LoZ Twilight Princess. Felt VERY kiddy. That game ruined the franchise for me. Link is getting way to feminine for my liking.

Thomas Liu

tyl089
Besides Tamriel, I liked Lodoss from Record of Lodoss War. It's I guess an old Japanese anime series now. Also had dark and light elves, mages, heroic, and evil knights as well as a land in turmoil due to machinations of a sorceress.

Train

Is that all you got?!
Man I hated LoZ Twilight Princess. Felt VERY kiddy. That game ruined the franchise for me. Link is getting way to feminine for my liking.

lol, but Twilight Princess was the darkest one of all and Link started out as an older teen I think. It felt more mature than any other I've ever played, and a small part of the reason I had a trouble liking it was because it was too serious, usually LoZ is more light-hearted. Even at the end of Ocarina when you're facing Ganondorf and he's being all evil and stuff you still didn't feel too threatend. Besides, at the end, Twilight had the hottest chick ever to be in an LoZ, not leaving spoilers, but we all know who that is...

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
There is no official Elder Scrolls literature that can even compare to Lord Of The Rings , is there?

edit: Searching for Elder Scroll books, I can only see Greg Keys' novels on Amazon. How good are they?

There is a new Lord of the Rings MMO game coming, i hear....

Monolith

The Progeny of Vikings
There is no official Elder Scrolls literature that can even compare to Lord Of The Rings , is there?

edit: Searching for Elder Scroll books, I can only see Greg Keys' novels on Amazon. How good are they?

There is a Lord of the Rings MMO game coming, i hear....

Hard to imagine! Even though the Elder Scrolls universe is rich in lore and seeped in history, it would be almost unfair to compare it to LotR, which is in a completely different ballpark. I don't think any fantasy literature out there can be compared to it, seeing as it was essentially the life's work of a man who set out to create a modern mythology for the English language, spanning decades of writing and never seeing full completion (even after many loose ends were tied up by his son, Christopher Tolkien).

An MMO set in Middle-earth, eh? I'm intrigued, though I usually stay well clear of MMOs. I did play WoW for a couple of months back in 2005, but then realized it wasn't worth spending that much time on, and haven't touched the game since.

ShadowMage

Article Writer

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
Hard to imagine! Even though the Elder Scrolls universe is rich in lore and seeped in history, it would be almost unfair to compare it to LotR, which is in a completely different ballpark. I don't think any fantasy literature out there can be compared to it, seeing as it was essentially the life's work of a man who set out to create a modern mythology for the English language, spanning decades of writing and never seeing full completion (even after many loose ends were tied up by his son, Christopher Tolkien).

An MMO set in Middle-earth, eh? I'm intrigued, though I usually stay well clear of MMOs. I did play WoW for a couple of months back in 2005, but then realized it wasn't worth spending that much time on, and haven't touched the game since.

Wait you guys never heard of LOTRO? (Lord of the rings Online?) It's been out since 2007. Its free to play now.