Open The Bannered Mare -- Semi-advanced RP Thread

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Agentoringe

"The amulets will help you resist flame of any kind...the best quality that can be made (80% lol)...it's fairly obvious why I would own one...but as to why you two will need them...that depends on Alana's answer.

Agentoringe

"...also Kyle, I'm probably not the best one to ask...2 centuries of practice and training makes other people's flaws scream and wail like a newborn child to me...they are painfully obvious, but to someone else on the same level as you, those same flaws may not be evident at all. The mistakes I've made I've corrected, up until and including last night...the only current one is your sister and my estranged apprentice...which will be remedied soon enough...she's changed since you've known her. That arrogance was the first thing I worked out of her...I broke her repeatedly until she appreciated any small advantage she had. She's cold and calculating now...the only thing I couldn't break her from was her emotions...she became impatient, and thank the nine for that, because there was an arrangement for me to sire her once this mission was over...she just couldn't wait until I returned because I would have laid waste to the lot of them and she knew that. So she's probably seeking immortality elsewhere...she can still feel fear, and pain and anguish over seeing you again...that was apparent in her outburst earlier...that's going to be our advantage...but I must warn you, I will NOT waste an opportunity to end her heretical nonsense. I suggest you not hesitate either...because even though those emotions are there, there's no way to know if she's using them to get to you or if she's being sincere...so it will be better and safer for everyone if you don't take that chance."

Wolfie

"I will take no chances. I know this is more than life and death, which in itself is a bare enough battle," he replied. His expression had flickered to one of slight impatience when Jagga had denied him of learning his own faults. Perhaps Baelang had a few faults of his own. The expression quickly vanished. The impatience had been passed down in blood from Rena and his' mother's family from her father's side.

Wolfie

"I will take no chances. I know this is more than life and death, which in itself is a bare enough battle," he replied. His expression had flickered to one of slight impatience when Jagga had denied him of learning his own faults. Perhaps Baelang had a few faults of his own. The expression quickly vanished. The impatience had been passed down in blood from Rena and his' mother's family from her father's side.

LungDrac

Alana the Argonian
    Alana bit her lip. "Hm ... I suppose if you don't feed on me forever it would be ok," she replied. Though, in her mind, a part of her recoiled to the idea.

Agentoringe

Closing his eye the horses slowed to a stop...

"Step out of the wagon Alana...we need to do this quickly..."

Kyle is searching for an answer, wanting one...maybe even needing one. that look, as brief as it was, betrayed every bit of doubt he had...about facing Rena, about his ability, most of all about himself...something would need to be done, if it wasn't, the possibilities of costly mistakes was too great. Perhaps as with the Mer, a demonstration is in order.

As he stepped down, he took a step to one side offering a hand for Alana...

LungDrac

Alana the Argonian
    Hesitant, Alana took Jagga's hand and got down from the wagon. On the ground, she looked as stiff as a board with fear. This is so, so wrong ... She thought, not taking her eyes off the vampire.

Agentoringe

( Dunno if i gave you guys a description of this guy, but he's about 6'10 and 280lbs of supernatural beefy...I can't remember what the exact name they call the breed he is, but it's one that's born during a certain phase of the moon that have a genetic disposition to large size and being incredibly ferocious and on occasion becoming monstrously huge and like a small elephant sized tiger...they were used as frontline soldiers during the wars in black marsh and kind of like the Spartans of tamriel lol anyways...)

Holding her hand gently he led her in a short half circle to where she was facing the back of the wagon.

"You want to know about your weaknesses Kyle?...where you can improve and eliminate your short comings and keep those you care about safe? Your right, I can provide a unique insight into both of you and tell you things you can do to improve..."

As he spoke he softly released Alana's hand and stepped behind her, gently placing his left hand on her left shoulder, the bottom of the hand insignia on his black leather chest armor about even with the back of Alana's head...

"You have to relax Alana, it won't hurt as bad if you do..." Slightly tightening his grip on her left bicep he eased his right hand over her other shoulder and slid it under her chin and gently tilted her head to that side...

He never did enjoy the smell of argonian...but at least this female is hygienic and makes a good attempt to cover the natural musk that follows them out of the swamps.

"Alana, as you know, argonian scales are naturally resilient to puncture.." He said as he leaned closer to her neck "...however, if you have the eye for it, even though they are small, there's a space at the very edge of where the scales layer together that can allow a sharp point to pierce very neatly and without hindrance..." His eye widened slightly as he bore his fangs...lightly allowing them to find their place he described, he then looked directly at Kyle as he slowly and masterfully slid his teeth deep into Alana's neck...

His eye widened slightly and his pupil dilated...what is this??? The little lizard has more to her story than she has told...his mind flooded with memories of her past, horrors and happiness...and with them came some very useful and surprising information...

After a few deep "drinks" Alana's knees started to shake, Jagga slid his right hand down to her other arm to keep her upright. Pulling back from her neck he licked his chops and lowered a glare to Kyle..."that swamp really does seep into everything in black marsh..." He cracked a wicked grin of blood stained teeth. Tightening his grip on Alana as she began to drift on the border of consciousness, he seemed to look straight through Kyle..."YOUR weakness lies in your inability to ACT!" He clenched down hard on Alana's arms as he forcefully sank his teeth back into her neck, she managed a slight but desperate moan as he picked her up and held her where he could stand comfortably and look straight at Kyle over her shoulder as he continued to drain her essence...

He thinks to himself...'just a bit longer' ...how will he react to the sight of another companion falling helplessly in front of him? especially when any action immediately puts her in danger heh heh >:-)

Agentoringe

Well crap, that was supposed to be the devious smiley face at the end of that, but stupid happy smiley decided to show up lol

LungDrac

Alana the Argonian
    Nervously, Alana allowed her head to be tilted just so, and her lower lip quivered uncontrollably. It didn't help that Jagga was speaking about a certain spot through Argonian scales. Would he kill her?

She panicked the second his teeth lightly scraped at her neck. OhDivinesohDivinesohDivinesohDivinesohDivines, she thought, her eyes widening in fear. Needless to say, she was having second thoughts about becoming a thrall.

Then the puncturing ... it was uncomfortable, but not unlike getting two needles at once. Alana briefly relaxed after a moment ... though she felt like someone was rifling through her memories, even the most embarrassing ones. She tensed up again while her blood was being drained. Though she couldn't see, she was beginning to get a little pale. Her knees knocked together and she was ready to collapse, her unseeing eyes boggling out of her skull.

When his fangs finally slid out, Alana felt strange. Normally she'd be brimming with hatred for this night creature, but now ... a warmth flooded into her. She smiled stupidly and her lids began to get heavy. Her thought process was as follows: I hate vampires, they're all so arrogant! ...So ... so ... but ... what is he ... uuuhnnn ... Jagga might not be so baaaad ... nuuuuhhh ... I feel ... gooood ...

That didn't last. Alana's eyes widened when Jagga chomped down on her again, this time harder. The warmth gave away to a cold shock through her veins. She cried out and curled a lip to reveal her sharp Argonian teeth, weakly pushing at his chest. "No!" she croaked, her voice quavering. There was nothing she could do.

Wolfie

Kyle had his hand on the pommel of his sword when Alana had stepped off the wagon, watching the two move into a settled position, facing the back of the wagon and himself. When Jagga had spoken of faults, something twisted in his mind. His lips settled into an uneven line as he watched.
    Too deep. Too long. At Jagga's exclamation of actions, he got upruptly to his feet, pouncing off the wagon.
    The light that reflected on Kyle's blade was as angular and sharp as his eyes and movements. "Don't play this game with me, Jagga!" he growled. He had been considering how he would react if something like this would happen. He feinted a rush at Jagga, raising his sword high as if to drive it into his shoulder like lightning from storming skies. He twisted near the end of the feint, quickly stepping away and sidestepping behind Jagga. He attacked for sure this time. He knew that Jagga was not one to go soft on anyone, even if it were a test. Take no chances, ever. He aimed to slash from the back of his leg to the right heel. If it hit, mind, it wouldn't be soft. If Jagga was going to be hard on him, then Kyle would return the favor. He kept in mind to keep his distance and measure his actions.
    He couldn't help but feel a deep, angry irritation at Jagga going this far to prove something, though. His words were wise but he seemed sometimes arrogant of himself. Perhaps he could use that to his advantage, although Jagga was no doubt much stronger and more agile than himself. And they were sucking up more time, no matter how important this was. His ally - almost a friend - was in danger. But this was a test, as he had thought it of Jagga since the Whiterun Tomb, and you should never rush or guess wildly during a test - not when the result was so damnably of import.
    His unnamed sword twisted through the air towards Jagga's heels, meant to be an action to cause alarm, although with Jagga he doubted that would be the case. Still, he would probably have to move in order to avoid it.

Wolfie

Changed it a bit

Agentoringe

Watching Kyle dance around was entertaining to say the least...watching, as if he was in slow motion, twist and spin to his left, continuing to drink as Kyle brought his arm around wide, too open, but a strong attack none the less...ah...that's too sad...he pulled his swing...this was almost interesting...

Seeing the swing fall shallow, Jagga never flinched...even had he drove the blade through his chest, the lack of silver made would mean it would sting at best...the blade cut through the lower side of his legging and struck flesh, drug about 4 inches an stopped as if cutting through stone...his flesh repairing itself behind the blade as he finished drinking...Alana, on the verge of life, was limp in his arms...glancing back over his shoulder he cocked a playful eye at Kyle...

"Ah, you found some nerve..." Of course he guessed it was a test, he was supposed to recognize it..."but...you left your mind in the wagon..heh"

Turning and cradling Alana as she slid down in his arms, he knelt and laid her carefully on the ground...turning her head to one side he displayed the wound on her neck...

"Did you forget just how resilient these lizards are?" as he finished speaking the wound closed itself and a bit of color began to return to her cheeks. "Also...didn't I tell you that you would need silver if you planned on having a chance? No offense of course, but you will need many more resources at your disposal before you attempt to kill me" A small chuckle escaped his lips...

"Even though I provoked an action, you forgot to think...2 seconds...and you wouldn't have wasted your effort...OR ruined my leggings..ha ha"

"That is your biggest weakness Kyle.."
    Jagga said as he stood and walked back to the wagon, turning his back without a second thought " learn to know WHEN to act, but ALWAYS be thinking...get her into the wagon, we can continue until she wakes, it won't be long now."

Jagga seats himself and readies the horses to move, as soon as Kyle and Alana are back in the wagon they will head out.

Agentoringe

Watching Kyle dance around was entertaining to say the least...watching, as if he was in slow motion, twist and spin to his left, continuing to drink as Kyle brought his arm around wide, too open, but a strong attack none the less...ah...that's too sad...he pulled his swing...this was almost interesting...

Seeing the swing fall shallow, Jagga never flinched...even had he drove the blade through his chest, the lack of silver made would mean it would sting at best...the blade cut through the lower side of his legging and struck flesh, drug about 4 inches an stopped as if cutting through stone...his flesh repairing itself behind the blade as he finished drinking...Alana, on the verge of life, was limp in his arms...glancing back over his shoulder he cocked a playful eye at Kyle...

"Ah, you found some nerve..." Of course he guessed it was a test, he was supposed to recognize it..."but...you left your mind in the wagon..heh"

Turning and cradling Alana as she slid down in his arms, he knelt and laid her carefully on the ground...turning her head to one side he displayed the wound on her neck...

"Did you forget just how resilient these lizards are?" as he finished speaking the wound closed itself and a bit of color began to return to her cheeks. "Also...didn't I tell you that you would need silver if you planned on having a chance? No offense of course, but you will need many more resources at your disposal before you attempt to kill me" A small chuckle escaped his lips...

"Even though I provoked an action, you forgot to think...2 seconds...and you wouldn't have wasted your effort...OR ruined my leggings..ha ha"

"That is your biggest weakness Kyle.."
    Jagga said as he stood and walked back to the wagon, turning his back without a second thought " learn to know WHEN to act, but ALWAYS be thinking...get her into the wagon, we can continue until she wakes, it won't be long now."

Jagga seats himself and readies the horses to move, as soon as Kyle and Alana are back in the wagon they will head out.

LungDrac

Alana the Argonian
    ((They really should get to their destination by now >.<))

Alana's eyes flickered open moments after she was lain on the ground, and something in her yellow eyes seemed to have changed. She wobbled to her feet and stood up clumsily, like a newborn horse. Her knees were pressed together, and she held her arms to her sides in an exaggerated feminine position.

"O Master, wait for me!" she called out. There was a new tone to her voice ... it was sweet and sappy, like she was smitten with her attacker. She practically danced on her tiptoes up to the driver's seat, sitting next to Jagga. Her posture was upright, and her legs were crossed, and that stupid smile returned to her face, though she looked more energetic.

Oh Divines. What had he done to her?

Wolfie

Kohl had half-listened to Jagga; arrogance. Yes, age could make one wise, but even some bad meads can continue to rot. Irritation rushed through him, and he considered diving forward and cutting off Jagga's damned, grinning head. Let him laugh about THAT. As soon as he thought of it, he considered it and immediately pushed the thought away.
    Alana rose before him, not even glancing at Kyle. He watched with glinting, hard eyes that glittered in the sun like melting ice that had captured dust within their grasp and displayed it's grey mess for all to see. "O master, wait for me!" he heard Alana cry. He flinched, a bare expression mocking his guilt and then hidden behind a stone wall of ice. A moment ago she had been plain old Alana, fearful and pleasant. Now, her tone was sweet and ... not Alana, somehow. He froze and watched as she practically danced over to him. Like she was ...
    Gods, no. Kyle stepped into the back of the wagon, stepping precariously around Berry who was still she almost seemed dead.
    Now or never, he thought suddenly, unsure of what his sudden motivation was. Jagga had bragged about their faults, taken down an enemy in a mere couple of seconds without flinching, had tested them and watched them fail multiple times, even if they had succeeded. He was the most dangerous being Kyle could sum up, even more dangerous than, perhaps, a dragon.
    And like a dragon, he had arrogance. Not overconfident, for you must always be alert, nor arrogant in the manner that rendered Jagga noticeable to most others. But Kyle had taken much time to criticize Jagga, nursing his shallow open wounds (metaphorically) and he had found two very tiny, he believed, limitations.
    First, Jagga was impatient. It seemed like the world was too slow for him, too ignorant and slow and unaware of it. This must be some kind of vampiric trait ... especially for one of Kyle's origins.
    And second, although he acted fast and with immediate thought and planning, he beheld arrogance of a type: he flourished in his vampirism, and had probably forgotten what true mortality tasted like - bitter and worth every second ... worth to serve life until failed and felled by death. Did he not see how a dragon with the power of many in it's talons could be felled by one who know it's faults? They would not expect it. Jagga, always chiding them, always guiding them ...
    A while ago, Kyle would have been jealous. But now he was not. Jagga was not his to worry about. And Kyle was no child, even if he had faults of his own.
    He did not look for any silver weapons in the back. He stepped over to the part of the wagon cart that is right behind the driver, away from Alana. He pressed forward so that his his words could quickly reach Jagga.
    He spoke quickly, not caring if Alana in this state heard. "Baolfang."
    He paused for a moment. What he was going to say was slight and fair.
    "The rest of us have not had as much life as you. Whatever the rest of your origins in which you have not told us, it doesn't matter. We are not you; we are mortal. Mortal and proud. As much as you know of me now, perhaps you forget..." His tone hardened. "I am no child. Faults do not make one a child."
    He withdrew. "Even one as elderly and experiences as you no doubt are, a glitch in the cycle may keep you mortal yet."
    If the vampire thought on these words, no doubt they would ring as a reasonable threat. Kyle cared much of what Jagga thought of them. There would be no reason for a retaliation, however, as the words themselves posed on threat.
    "Let's not tarry!" he growled. "Every second counts...Rena awaits the Ebonarm."
    Of these words, Kyle did not bother to explain.

Agentoringe

"Oh dear..." Jagga allowed a bit of a worried expression to cross his face as Alana bounced up into the wagon...it's been nearly 120 years since he's thralled anyone. Remembering to make them "turn off" their personalities was supposed to be first on the list...I suppose there's things even an ageless vampire can forget If there isn't enough practice. A quick thought put the carriage into motion, less than half a day to whiterun...they would have to be ready by then.

"Here Alana, read this, focus on nothing else until I say otherwise...and your right Kyle...you ARE mortal...and there may yet come an anomaly that ends my existence in this world, but I haven't lived as long as i have by being careless and unprepared. I've studied and researched almost everything in this world. You can take advantage of this and ask about things you want to know, especially about our current situation or you can waste an opportunity in your "mortal" life to learn something that might keep you alive...don't get me wrong I can understand your frustration here...I can remedy that as well...but il leave that decision up to you when the time comes."

he paused...contemplating the situation...Kyles frustration reminded him of a time long long ago when his mortality was an issue...

"When we get there...il scout the town, you two will make your way inside as if your just coming in to make some trades or visit, when the ruckus starts, make your way there and then charge the first group you can distinguish from the citizens...you don't need to go straight to jorvaskr...it will give the enemy too much foresight and allow them to adjust..Alana, your going to charge right behind Kyle, sword raised in both hands like your planning on using it, Kyle, when you get within about 10 feet of them, step to one side and give Alana a little space...it is then when she will drop her weapon and cast this spell she's studying point blank...just be sure your wearing your amulets. if your lucky the melee fighters won't survive...and as SOON as you get your wits about you, rushing the Mage is your number 1 goal...il clear out their support as quickly as I can...then we need to find the rest of them...especially Rena, she won't show her face until she decides to make a pointier thinks she has the advantage. Either way, we need to be ready by then..."

Wolfie

"Alert, always," Kohl repeated Jagga's words. Damn Jagga, right as always, and nearly always calm. Perhaps that was best. They needed to work together seamlessly, not be at each other's throats...literally. He kept his silence for a long moment before finally saying, "And when it comes to Rena?"

Agentoringe

"...she dies...you have one opportunity to make your peace...do not waste it, either attempt to finish her or give her your regards...but one opportunity is it. Any more and we risk to much of a retaliation...not just for us but for the entire town, too many innocents will be witness to the actions a short while from now, the less that are involved the better."

Kyles glance stood out, I suppose the talk of concern for innocence shocked him comin from such a cold assassin.

"Do not mistake my concern for "feelings" Kyle...they are innocent...the Brotherhood does not take life unnecessarily the ones the sacrament does not involve...if you remember correctly, none of the guards died in my assault of you at whiterun, neither were any bystanders killed...the only reason the ice spike thrown towards the girl hit anything was because the elf dove in front of it...I'm sure you figured this out already, but I was merely assessing your skill. To attempt to figure out why you were placed on such a high priority...now I know...and that sacrilege will not be allowed to continue."

"The point blank fireball will hurt...it won't kill you and it won't burn you, but the impact will rattle you hard, you MUST find your footing quickly and force a recovery...if you don't we will lose the element of surprise...and then the encounter will quickly turn sour."

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts