• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

EllieJae

Roman sat by the waters edge that had been darkened and sullied by blood. His own blood.
    He winced to himself as he cleaned the gash in his side, the frayed, raw flesh around it singing with pain from it's scorched state. The Altmer had had his attackers head for using such an enchantment on his weaponry; had ended up putting it on a pike near the site of the ambush.

It was close to midnight and the twin moons kept being obscured by thick and heavy clouds that appeared to continually drift, with no end, lazily over their luminescent surfaces. Moonlight was atmospheric and kind to his eyes so Roman enjoyed it, the rowdy and yellow light of candles and the sun diagreed with him by contrast.

Suddenly, he stamped on a slaughter fish that had swam too close to his bare foot, catching a few teeth in his sole but effectively crushing the predators head with one savage strike. Now, their two bloods mingled in the water as the Altmer stripped his torso of bloodied garments, ripped long strands off and wrapped them around the gash; an attempt at a DIY bandage.

He wasn't out in the wilderness however, no. In fact, he was actually sat on the lower walkway of Riften, directly underneath the entrance to the Bee and Barb that appeared to have a constant traffic of people, drunkards and otherwise. He would require a drink after his nursing, but for now he sat, legs over the edge of the wooden walkway, pressing hard on the red wound that had opened up against his honeyed flesh.

((Anyone jump in, this thread in open ;) ))

Wolfie

It might've seemed creepy, Labrys decided, her watching him. She'd smelled the faint harsh tinge of blood and came down here to investigate. The Breton's enigmatic grey eyes narrowed as she watched him.
    "What happened to you?" she asked suddenly before realizing it might be rude and a slight surprising. She slunk out of the shadows, her grey eyes bright in the darkness, her pale face the next shade to the night sky. Her hair was bound up in a white, grey-designed hat. She was rather short, but the size was normal for her race. Her forearms were more muscular than most, and her chest was straight and strong, the signs of an archer although no bow lay upon her back.

EllieJae

"It's rude to sneak up on people," he answered, sparing a graceful looking glance over his shoulder before getting up with a generally fluid motion. He winced a little at the pain that lanced up his side, amber eyes narrowing in contempt of the unpleasantness of the sensation. Yet, he shrugged his furs over his shoulders to negate the awful chill rolling off the stagnant water along with the creeping waves of mist, and turned to face this newcomer.
    He analysed her, eyes moving minimally but effectively cataloging the details. Despite her apparent neutrality, he was always prepared against any being that crossed his path. An archer was what came to mind, strong arms, strong torso and bound hair; no barmaid or curious shopkeeper by any stretch. She was a 'potential' threat...yet she was also a woman.
    "But that's not the usual thing someone asks someone like me...on a dark night...skulking around..."

Wolfie

She shrugged, straightening but watching him warily, hiding her emotions behind a wall of impassiveness. "Apologies. It's not every day a stranger comes out of the darkness, into the clutches of the Rift, with a half side wounded and a half side wary." She seemed to speak in riddles, hoping that he'd catch her meaning. She could tell that, indeed, he was wary of her, by his pose and the way he hid the pain that troubled the man. She also knew that he may slightly disregard her presence. Men. She resisted the urge to scoff. "Not many newcomers tend to the waters, in the dead of night, lighting the city with the text of blood on the air." She took a slight step closer, bringing her features into closer view. There was a small scar above her left eyebrow, going vertical towards her hair line, and her face was rather small, though distinguished. "Allow me to ... formally-" her lips slighted upward slightly at the seeming irony, as this wasn't really formal in any means "- introduce myself. I'm Labrys Endowen."

EllieJae

He cocked an eyebrow at her, passive at her riddles despite understanding what she meant pretty much perfectly. "Do you speak like that to everyon in Tamriel? Or am I an exception?"
    He became momentarily distracted by the loud and frantic splashes in the calm waterway. Ravenous fish were wallowing in the crimson waters and Roman felt a slight sneer want to creep onto his face. Yet, suppressing it, he returned his sharp eyes to the newcomer when she introduced herself. The way his head was angled allowed light to illuminate and define the two long, jagged scars that ran from his left nasolabial crease all the up his left cheek into his hairline just above the ear.
    "What made you desire to introduce yourself?" He asked in earnest, avoiding the polite reply of giving his own name.

Wolfie

"I thought it'd be 'polite'," she chuckled softly.

EllieJae

Looking around himself as if observing a new place, he finally looked back at her, "polite?" He asked, "to a strangeron the sub level of the rathole of Skyrim?" He scratched an eyebrow, "what an odd thing you are..."

Wolfie

Labrys gave him a scathing look. "Don't test me. Just because I'm not demanding answers and holding an arrow at your temple doesn't mean that I'm not tame either," she warned as if daring him to cross her. "Which brings me to my previous question; what happened to you?"

EllieJae

"And just because I'm avoiding a question doesn't mean I'm 'testing' you, so don't assume anything of the sort 'little girl..." he returned with a growl, picking up his bracers and fitting them over his forearms; flexing his digits in the supple and worn leather fittings. He smiled (but not nicely) to himself and flicked his eyes up from his arms, "and you believe you would get far enough to do that to me?" Roman gave a small, short chuckle and then...answered he question; "I was caught by a betrayer in the side, madman, nothing to write home about exactly..."

Wolfie

"Little girl?" Anger struck in her eyes. "If I wanted to kill you, you'd already be dead, skeever-brain," she growled. "One day you might just learn how dangerous a 'little girl' is. She let the expression die before continuing, "But I didn't kill you. Instead I came down here and took the risk of speaking to me, and instead of having a polite conversation you turn to petty nicknames and sharp answers."

EllieJae

"Yet it is you who is quick to boast of your ability? Do you think me some fragile elf with a weak, snappable body?" He slid the furs further onto his torso, gritting his teeth when the corse, well worn fur brushed over the frayed and scorched skin that peeled away from the dark wound like as if his flesh was paper that had been eagerly ripped away from a present by a bratty child. He loomed over her easily enough and stepped forwards, not showing a quiver of any sort of emotion, benevolent or malevolent. "No you didn't kill me, oh arent't I the lucky one that you aren't some fearsome murderer."
    Voice dripping with sarcasm he moved around her, giving her a wide berth as if she smelt like a draugr crypt. "But I guess it was nice to get to 'know you' per say, but I suggest somewhere more friendly if you want polite conversation; perhaps an inn filled with men dying to fawn over you."

Wolfie

"Oh, aren't you the sweet talker?" she replied with equal sarcasticness. She had overwhelmed her anger and replaced it with a calm shield, her eyes impassionately expressionless as she looked up at the elf that towered over herself. "Let the lone wolf lick his wounds, for his pack cares not, eh? I do not downsize you. Elves are one of the most powerful races of Skyrim, and I respect that. But don't you dare downsize me; aye, a short Breton with odd eyes. A woman." She gave a sudden small smile, an odd thing on her face for she rarely smiled. "Women know a few tricks of our own. We aren't stupid, and we aren't helpless. Anything else you find wrong with me?" She met his eyes fearlessly, letting her frustration of the awriness of this conversation show in the gray, pupil-less orbs.

EllieJae

"I have nothing against women," he danced gracefully around the quip about a pack not caring as it dug him like a dagger in the chest or a blazing poker between his ribs, "I just refrain from laying a hand on them...unless they push me too it."
    His eyes scanned her body again, picking up any details he may have missed but the amber orbs did not linger on any individual part. "I have much respect for women, do not mistake me for a sexist brute as otherwise I would have first of responded with inquiring why you were out of your kitchen or not tending to your man and master."

Wolfie

She relaxed slightly, the muscles in the depth of her shoulders loosening a fraction. "I had begun to fear. And I have good respect for men, unless they push me too far. Nothing stings like the shadows." Her eyes danced of an inside joke. "Your side," she noted his burnt wound. "What..do you need help with that? I'm no master, but I could heal it for you," she offered, an invisible spike running down her back as she beheld the peeling skin.

FullmetalHeart20

The elf Raegon was irritated, to say the least. He had been about his evening in peace, when he hears the commotion of a battle. He hides in wait behind his doors for, although he was far from helpless, only a fool went looking for a fight. When all seemed calm, Raegon hears the sounds of talk and yelling. He sneaks off to investigate, keeping to the shadows, and sees an Altmer man, and some Breton girl. In HIS woods.
    "You two!", he shouts, arming himself with a fireball, "State your business!"

< That Damned Arrow >

... but then I took an arrow to the knee.
    (This is Wolfie ... sorry guys, I think somebody hacked my account or something ... ugh. Anyways, I'm FINALLY back...again, sorry. I'll continue as Labrys, then? I'm just gonna change one thing ... remember her 'wolf pack' quote from earlier? I'm changing her to be a werewolf, too; for her, not considered wholly a curse.
    Also, just to let you know (FullmetalHeart20) they are not in the wilderness ... they are on the waterway underneath Riften ... lol see the first post again :).)

Labrys's small form stiffened at the sound. She got to her feet quickly, the figure of a conjured bow in her hand slowly becoming more defined. She drew an arrow back. She did not raise the bow, her pupilless grey eyes narrowing into the dark world. "Our business is our own!" she replied warily. "Now, please relax, 'fore I let my arrow fly."

FullmetalHeart20

(This is Wolfie ... sorry guys, I think somebody hacked my account or something ... ugh. Anyways, I'm FINALLY back...again, sorry. I'll continue as Labrys, then? I'm just gonna change one thing ... remember her 'wolf pack' quote from earlier? I'm changing her to be a werewolf, too; for her, not considered wholly a curse.
    Also, just to let you know (FullmetalHeart20) they are not in the wilderness ... they are on the waterway underneath Riften ... lol see the first post again :).)

Labrys's small form stiffened at the sound. She got to her feet quickly, the figure of a conjured bow in her hand slowly becoming more defined. She drew an arrow back. She did not raise the bow, her pupilless grey eyes narrowing into the dark world. "Our business is our own!" she replied warily. "Now, please relax, 'fore I let my arrow fly."
    Raegon's brow quirked in surprise. Apperantly this girl was more capable than she seemed.
    "Calm yourself lass. I've not lived to this age without being cautious," said the old Altmer as he dismissed his spell. "There was this one man who tried to kill me with nothing but an enchanted fork, a bunny thrall, and many sweet rolls. He was surprisingly effective! I can tell you the story around a fire."

< That Damned Arrow >

... but then I took an arrow to the knee.
    She stared at him a moment as if unsure whether he was joking or not. Her bow disappeared, along with the notched arrow and the quiver of arrows strapped to her right thigh. Her expression mainly relaxed, and she gave him an amused smile. "Sorry. Can't be too careful these days." She glanced down at Roman, then returned to looking at the old Altmer curiously. "Sounds like quite a story, but not one to be told in the blooded waterways of the king-wheel of thieves."

(lol thought I must say, sweet rolls are deadly ;))

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts