• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Benthos

Proud Mer
Is Barbas the only one who will stick around until the mission is complete regardless if you have partners? I've been going through countless of missions and side missions that he's not involved with and he'll continue to go until I find it suiting to go to the cave in which the Rueful Axe is hidden. I don't like being physically pushed around, sometimes it even throws me off when trying to shoot at a mammoth, dragon, etc. Sometimes it pushes me into traps but that's the rarest. Anyway, are there other characters who will help at an unlimited amount of time until you complete their quest or is he the only one? If he is, then I strongly recommend bringing him along if you need extra help since he can't be killed except by the player.

PoisonPen

There's a whole bunch. And you can have most of them at the same time, so you're at the head of an army of unkillable NPCs. Esbern and Delphine will follow you around forever, for example, as long as you never go to Sky Haven Temple. I don't know why you'd want to, though. The AI for Skyrim is so bad that, as you've experienced with Barbas, having a follower is really more of a nerf you willingly accept for roleplaying purposes. Skyrim is already so easy that having an army at your fingers -- even an army of derpy AI zombies who like to shoot each other in the back and push you into traps -- would quickly make your game boring.

Benthos

Proud Mer
That's true, it could make it boring due to the easier the enemies going down and quicker, I was thinking perhaps have the armies help take out the harder opponents or help clear out the dungeons that you don't want to do. Thanks for letting me know about the other two, is there an article of followers I can check out?

Oh, the "pathing nightmare", already Barbas and my follower Uthgerd the Unbroken got stuck in a tight corner in the hallway on my way to get the Bard's College side quest for Olaf's verse. However, I just waited an hour and they warped to my side. Gotta clear out the nearby enemies first though.

I tend to use the Sanguinr Rose as a permanent on-demand follower who doesn't get I your way or drive you crazy with inane chatter.

Benthos

Proud Mer
I tend to use the Sanguinr Rose as a permanent on-demand follower who doesn't get I your way or drive you crazy with inane chatter.
Oh, dude, tell me about it, sometimes I duck down and smash his face with the shield, he kept pushing everyone in the area around, kept barking (which I don't mind that part), but it's good that he doesn't die so he can help me clear a few tedious dungeons. The ghost, myself, Uthgerd, and Barbas destroyed Olaf with little problems. I worry for Uthgerd though because she CAN die but she can take a beating like Lydia.