PS3 Steadfast dwarven sphere unable to die

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Sigren

Vul Dovakiin
not sure if its a glitch or something, cant find anything on it, but when my steadfast dwarven sphere reaches 0 or at least near zero health it freezes up and stops moving for a few seconds. kind of like an unkillable character kneels down when they reach 0 health. but then he regens and gets right back into the frey like nothing happened. certainly not complaining about having an invincible pet with me at all times, just curious if anyone else realized this themselves.

near as I can tell my spider I used didn't last very long, died quickly but my sphere is clearly invincible.

if it helps, I waited till all 3 trials were complete to get him, he is my first sphere, ive used no buff spells or abilities on him and I used up the spider on the second trial in which it died somewhere during the fight. and the only DLC I have atm is just dragonborn. I waited till I defeated both alduin and maraak before starting the trials quest to get the sphere.

Dashmiel

It's doing the same thing for me too. It seems to have a particularly long bleed-out (the time when protected NPC's i.e followers kneel down and can take more damage before they die. Essential NPC's do this too, but of course they never die). However, I know for a fact it's not essential per se, since I literally just smacked it to death to verify before posting :D.

Sigren

Vul Dovakiin
It's doing the same thing for me too. It seems to have a particularly long bleed-out (the time when protected NPC's i.e followers kneel down and can take more damage before they die. Essential NPC's do this too, but of course they never die). However, I know for a fact it's not essential per se, since I literally just smacked it to death to verify before posting :D.

haven't tried killing it myself yet but it seems no enemies are able to kill it so im kind of enjoying myself lol

Sigren

Vul Dovakiin
Maybe that's what "Steadfast" refers to? I don't see how this is a problem.

never said it was, but I couldn't find any info on it anywhere so I thought id get it out there, maybe someone can figure out what causes it or something and others can use it

Dashmiel

never said it was, but I couldn't find any info on it anywhere so I thought id get it out there, maybe someone can figure out what causes it or something and others can use it

It's just the normal protected status coupled with the fact that the Sphere probably packs more in terms of physical and magic resistances than other followers and doesn't die as easily during bleed-out. It might also be that it's leveled, though I couldn't be sure of it's level since I play on PS3 like you and can't access the console to check it's levels.

Sigren

Vul Dovakiin
It's just the normal protected status coupled with the fact that the Sphere probably packs more in terms of physical and magic resistances than other followers and doesn't die as easily during bleed-out. It might also be that it's leveled, though I couldn't be sure of it's level since I play on PS3 like you and can't access the console to check it's levels.

tried that on mine, ps3 as well and it didn't die from enemies, including a few dragons who sprayed at me (and the sphere while it was down right next to me) several different elements since I know its got resistances to frost and stuff. didn't die, but after a few saves and loads the invincibility effect ended and it dies as normal. not sure what happened exactly to make it invincible in the first place but the effect doesn't stay so I suppose it doesn't matter

Haru17

Lost Falmer
If you hit it yourself it goes down. Tested xbox. They do respawn back at Kagrumez in a day or so, no penalty but the trip.